Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

TruMisery

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes after I add retroarch my controller doesn't work. But all I have to do is turn it off and unplug it then turn it on and plug it back in.

This has happened to me 1 time with v14_rc5... turned the system off, unplugged the controller and plugged it back in... worked like a charm... haven't had any other problems with it since...

Reactions: youngtune27

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by nesito,

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
It says this..."It will automatically detect unsupported NES games and run them instead of the default emulator. Save states will work as usual."
It also says..."To use Nestopia instead of FCEUmm for all games by default, install use_nestopia.hmod module from additional_mods.zip."

Does this mean that if you install the use_nestopia.hmod, it will use that instead of the emulator that the mini uses by default ?
No, it will use it only for unsupported games or with "--retroarch" argument.

Donation sent! Thanks for your hard work!
Thank you!

kingj

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey do we copy are kernel folder from 2.13e too into 2.14 along with config,games and art? and I assume I should uninstall current retroarch mod/cores using 2.13e before updating to 2.14?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So to update to 2.14, we Drag our Dump Folder with Kernel ? + Config, then games and art? Then when running 2.14 for first time it will ask us to install new driver?

So to update to 2.14, we Drag our Dump Folder with Kernel ? + Config, then games and art? Then when running 2.14 for first time it will ask us to install new driver?

lagur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My setup was stable and been playing for days already then I forgot to turn off my nes mini plugged on my monitor then I woke up this morning and I saw C8 error.

It's probably cause by demo enabled with Mario scanning my 5 neogeo games. Hopefully Mario can navigate to other folders and search for nes games instead lol.

hey do we copy are kernel folder from 2.13e too into 2.14 along with config,games and art? and I assume I should uninstall current retroarch mod/cores using 2.13e before updating to 2.14?

You can copy from other way around 2.14 -> 2.13e. Though be sure that your 2.13e(current) configuration is not overwritten especially folders config. You can make backup if you want and play with your new 2.14.

Install new drivers (not sure if needed but it's still safe anyway) and install new kernel.

kingj

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I don't need copy my Dump Folder with kernel ? into 2.14? i rather copy 2.13e to 2.14 like I did with other verisons. less confusing that way. and install new drivers did you do it?

lagur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I don't need copy my Dump Folder with kernel ? into 2.14? i rather copy 2.13e to 2.14 like I did with other verisons. less confusing that way. and install new drivers did you do it?

It's less confusing for me to copy 2.14 -> 2.13e and don't have to worry about existing configuration and dumps... just for me maybe. Given that configuration files is not existing in 2.14 (I can't remember I'm not on my computer right now).

Your backup kernel is supposed to be located at dump folder so yeah copy that as well.

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My setup was stable and been playing for days already then I forgot to turn off my nes mini plugged on my monitor then I woke up this morning and I saw C8 error.

It's probably cause by demo enabled with Mario scanning my 5 neogeo games. Hopefully Mario can navigate to other folders and search for nes games instead lol.

You can copy from other way around 2.14 -> 2.13e. Though be sure that your 2.13e(current) configuration is not overwritten especially folders config. You can make backup if you want and play with your new 2.14.

Install new drivers (not sure if needed but it's still safe anyway) and install new kernel.
You have to install drivers again when updating to 2.14?

NeoPolak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So i bought the 8bitdo nes mini receiver and a nes30 pro
nes30_pro.jpg

The problem is that the button mapping sucks...
I mean for the Nes, Gameboy, Gameboy color games it's perfect
but if you want to use more than A & B, like for GBA or Snes, you are fuc*ed
This is the 8bitdo mapping for the nes classic

ZNbB26R.jpg

I even tried with a ps3 controller, same result
oKqbV1s.jpg

At this time there i found no way to remap the buttons for the receiver/controller.
And the other paring modes are not recognised by the nes
Anyone found a way around for this? i mean other than a wii pad

Last edited by NeoPolak,

DR1001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nes30_pro.jpg

ZNbB26R.jpg

oKqbV1s.jpg

At this time there i found no way to remap the buttons for the receiver/controller.

I bought a My Arcade wireless gamepad pro. Right out of the box good. Easy to bind in RetroArch, no firmware updates necessary. No lag, never cuts out, and has 4 buttons on the front, as well as 4 shoulder buttons. It's so good, I've got another one on the way.

Bosco82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to use the 1.05 beta 0 firmware for the receiver and use a wired controller in port 2 to access the bind settings and bind the dpad on the wireless controller.

Kobe46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nes30_pro.jpg

ZNbB26R.jpg

oKqbV1s.jpg

Please refer to the following post:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/hakchi2-nes-mini-very-simple-pimp-tool.456256/page-320#post-7128622

This should help you out. firmware update and setup of the controller.

Would it be possible to play games with a USB / SD drive via USB Hub on the Nintendo Nes mini?

This has be replied to by Cluster earlier
Hi @Cluster, would enabling USB-host eventually allow a an external USB drive to be used (with a split USB cable, offering power) as a storage device (without needing to solder anything)? Is this a future possibility?
You need to solder USB ID pin inside NES Mini to enable USB-host. honeylab already did it.

Last edited by Kobe46,

ElusivSanity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nes30_pro.jpg

ZNbB26R.jpg

oKqbV1s.jpg

You need to use the 1.05 beta 0 firmware for the receiver and use a wired controller in port 2 to access the bind settings and bind the dpad on the wireless controller.

Had same problem with nes30 classic. Firmware 1.05 beta fixed it. Might need to google for link though. Can't remember if link was accessible from their main website.

NeoPolak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah i already updated the receiver to beta0 1.05, same with controller to 1.73 beta
did the 2nd controller trick too, but its not working for the "pro" edition of nes30 for example if i bind the B its code is 0, Y=1, A=0, X=1
so i'ts useless, binding 3 times the same output

I bought a My Arcade wireless gamepad pro.
but it's ugly and have no sticks

I was planning to bind the unused inputs for save/reload and emulation speed

and now i'm having troubles with hakchi2.14b i've got error "exec request timeout", i don't like the new "no reset needed" it seems that my nes is in some kind on connecting loop
2.13e works well, will stay on that

Last edited by NeoPolak,

kingj

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also guys So I heard PSX games work? Do N64 games save now? Id love to add oracina of time, and mario kart 64 etc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gray zone warfare looks kinda cool
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ohhh on one episode they could use rings to summon Captain Criminal who is just Obama like a spoof of Captain Planet lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does look good
    By your powers combined, hmmm where is Epstein?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just another shit fps clone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought it was some warzone dlc bs
    Looks like an enhanced Far cry 1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's a far cry from it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it a free to play bs, pay to get any good weapon/gear
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not free to play but $35
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Inb4 kiiwii gives it a 0/10
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    6/10 rating on steam
    I would like a Predator game "Kill Team" it takes place in the Jungle of the first movie, your team is sent to hunt the predator, using current tech drones and a trained team. Set traps use strategy to hunt and trap or kill the predator.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ill stick with my Battlefield. Yea a predator hunting game like that would be cool. Esp if you can be Arnold and say "Get to da choppa"
    +1
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs