Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

baconcow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Found a bug. The Game Genie codes don't seem to work for anything other than NES games. They don't seem to work for SNES, Genesis, or anything else. The space where you put the codes in for SNES and Genesis and others is greyed out. Any
I do not think this is a bug. I am pretty sure the Game Genie has only been implemented for the NES; this is why the space is greyed out for the other consoles.

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hey @Cluster , great job again. The "hype train" is just here, my friend... Retrogaming forever! :)

Question: can I copy previous hakchi2 2.13e custom kernel to new version?
Original kernel - yes, of course. But there is no custom kernel in hakchi2 folder.

So I guess after the programming is done the led does not shut off anymore like it use to??
bigjdoberman
Correct.

@Cluster the 30 original games I've removed from the list are again selected in the hakchi list after syncing, why? Is it a bug in this version?
Seems like a bug. I'll test it.

Hi @Cluster, would enabling USB-host eventually allow a an external USB drive to be used (with a split USB cable, offering power) as a storage device (without needing to solder anything)? Is this a future possibility?
You need to solder USB ID pin inside NES Mini to enable USB-host. honeylab already did it.

is there a way to pull the savegames from the nes mini?
Yes, all savegames are stored into /var/lib/clover/profiles/0/ folder. So you can download all savestates using clovershell (https://github.com/ClusterM/clovershell-client) by simple command:
Code:
clovershell.exe exec "tar -czv /var/lib/clover/profiles/0/CLV-*" - my_saves.tar.gz
Of course it's planned to integrate this function in hakchi2.

Spot On ! It whas Avast Antivirus, i add Hakchi 2.14 to the trusted programs list and launch straight away ! Thanks again for the support. :)
Hooray! =)

IF you don't need to press reset, how do you use Hakchi2 now ?
I created clovershell daemon: https://github.com/ClusterM/clovershell-daemon
It starts automatically and works in the background while NES Mini is working. It listening to USB and allows to transfer data and execute commands.

Last edited by Cluster,
Reactions: AndyVr

Mysticales

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so lil confused, what would I do with Clovershell? Dont "think" I installed that one when I got Hakchi2 up. Just had to keep powering it up to sync all my games.

baconcow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need to solder USB ID pin inside NES Mini to enable USB-host. honeylab already did it.

Okay, thanks for the clarification. I thought this new clovershell method that allowed you to see what was on the NESCE had the capability of putting the system in USB-host mode without needing to solder the USB ID pin on the inside. I was hoping for a method to extract game saves and use external USB storage without opening up the system and soldering.

Last edited by baconcow,

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But SNES core is separate module. You can install latest RetroArch pack without SNES core and then install SNES core from old RetroArch pack.
Anyway, there are not so much changes to RetroArch. You can continue using version 0.4 without any problems.

Question. Saw the youtube vid about upgrading versions.. but wondered.

Couldnt one just download the new version, extract and replace the files in the orig version we had then launch? Or would that not be advised?

Original kernel - yes, of course. But there is no custom kernel in hakchi2 folder.

Correct.

Seems like a bug. I'll test it.

Yes, all savegames are stored into /var/lib/clover/profiles/0/ folder. So you can download all savestates using clovershell (https://github.com/ClusterM/clovershell-client) by simple command:
Code:
clovershell.exe exec "tar -czv /var/lib/clover/profiles/0/CLV-*" - my_saves.tar.gz
Of course it's planned to integrate this function in hakchi2.

Hooray! =)

I created clovershell daemon: https://github.com/ClusterM/clovershell-daemon
It starts automatically and works in the background while NES Mini is working. It listening to USB and allows to transfer data and execute commands.

After updating to hakchi2.14, do I have to install clovershell as an hmod, or is it just integrated in the latest version? I guess where I'm going with this is just to understand what I need to install in order to transfer games quicker and enable third party controllers. Coming from version 2.13e. Do I just update to 2.14, connect the NES, and then press power button to start messing with my games?

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
@Cluster the 30 original games I've removed from the list are again selected in the hakchi list after syncing, why? Is it a bug in this version?
You are right. It's a bug in console type detection. Fixed. You can redownload latest release (it's 2.14b now).

I keep getting an error when synchronizing

"the system cannot find the file specified"
https://github.com/ClusterM/hakchi2/wiki/If-you-have-any-problems

After updating to hakchi2.14, do I have to install clovershell as an hmod, or is it just integrated in the latest version? I guess where I'm going with this is just to understand what I need to install in order to transfer games quicker and enable third party controllers. Coming from version 2.13e. Do I just update to 2.14, connect the NES, and then press power button to start messing with my games?
Clovershell daemon installs automatically with custom kernel (that's why it's required to reinstall custom kernel). You really don't need to care about it, app will guide you.

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Great work with the update, @Cluster, as always. It's just some things are still confusing, especially regarding 3rd party Wii controller compatibility.

I've been testing your 4 mods from Github, none of them was working for my controller. Have you update them since then? If yes, how to check this compatibility issue on this 2.14? After installing 2.14, I retried my controller and ended up the same as previous attempt. Have I miss something during the 2.14 installation recommended order?

And, seriously, no more 30-MB limit?? So is it okay to put over 90 NES games or 30 Genesis games in just one folder??

Thanks.

Last edited by maande80,

kingj

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey! So If i want to update 2.13e to 2.14 it same process as updating other hackhi verisons? Drag the config, games,art folder etc to the 2.14 fresh version?
And I read above it says after its done adding games/syncing LED doesn't go off? So We just turn it off manually ourselves once its done syncing?

TheWez1981

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I was thinking about something.... about the skins...
Basically, would it be possible, to rip the skin off a FamiCom Mini... then name it nes.png, and then upload it to a NES Mini... so the FamiCom menu looks are on the NES mini?

Would be so amazing if it could.... I really like the FamiCom's theme more....

Last edited by TheWez1981,
Reactions: maande80

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Great work with the update, @Cluster, as always. It's just some things are still confusing, especially regarding 3rd party Wii controller compatibility.

I've been testing your 4 mods from Github, none of them was working for my controller. Have you update them since then? If yes, how to check this compatibility issue on this 2.14? After installing 2.14, I retried my controller and ended up the same as previous attempt. Have I miss something during the 2.14 installation recommended order?

And, seriously, no more 30-MB limit?? So is it okay to put over 90 NES games or 30 Genesis games in just one folder??

Thanks.
New clovercon driver installed just with new patched kernel. It's hard to remotely understand why your controller is not working :(

Hey! So If i want to update 2.13e to 2.14 it same process as updating other hackhi verisons? Drag the config, games,art folder etc to the 2.14 fresh version?
And I read above it says after its done adding games/syncing LED doesn't go off? So We just turn it off manually ourselves once its done syncing?
Yes, update as always.
Yes, just turn you NES Mini off using power putton. Or just continue playing if your NES Mini already connected to TV =)

I was thinking about something.... about the skins...
Basically, would it be possible, to rip the skin off a FamiCom Mini... then name it nes.png, and then upload it to a NES Mini... so the FamiCom menu looks are on the NES mini?

Would be so amazing if it could.... I really like the FamiCom's theme more....
Yes, it's possible. I can rip it. As well as turn your NES Mini into Famicom Mini :) But I'm not sure that it's legal. Dumping and sharing NES Mini's firmware parts is piracy or not? :huh:
Anyway, I can share it with you via PM.

@Cluster , now my original Classic Controller Pro don't work. :(
It's very strange. Try just to reboot your NES Mini. Sometimes it can't detect controller for some reason.

Reactions: nesito

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
New clovercon driver installed just with new patched kernel. It's hard to remotely understand why your controller is not working :(

Yes, update as always.
Yes, just turn you NES Mini off using power putton. Or just continue playing if your NES Mini already connected to TV =)

Yes, it's possible. I can rip it. As well as turn your NES Mini into Famicom Mini :) But I'm not sure that it's legal. Dumping and sharing NES Mini's firmware parts is piracy or not? :huh:
Anyway, I can share it with you via PM.

It's very strange. Try just to reboot your NES Mini. Sometimes it can't detect controller for some reason.

So those 4 mods are now integrated in here? No need to check them one by one again? I'll try it again tonight. Hoping for miracle after your reply.

How about my next questions:
Seriously, no more 30-MB limit?? So is it okay to put over 90 NES games or 30 Genesis games in just one folder??

Thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg