Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When i play SMS games i try to swap A & B with RetroArch but after that A & B became the same button, so when i press B, A & B work together...anyone else had this problem ?

Kobe46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When i play SMS games i try to swap A & B with RetroArch but after that A & B became the same button, so when i press B, A & B work together...anyone else had this problem ?
Are you changing the bindings in the Quick Menu or in Base Menu of Retro Arch? If you are modifying it per system, I would do it in the Quick Menu, as that should be the setting for the game itself and not global. Maybe that might fix that issue. I have not had that myself, except for when using the original firmware for 8bitdo.

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Are you changing the bindings in the Quick Menu or in Base Menu of Retro Arch? If you are modifying it per system, I would do it in the Quick Menu, as that should be the setting for the game itself and not global. Maybe that might fix that issue. I have not had that myself, except for when using the original firmware for 8bitdo.

I changed it in the quick menu

Kobe46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This looks great, just downloaded the zip and looked around at the overlays that are usable. Any chance I could add one of the old tv looking ones to the mix? if so does anyone have a cfg file that one could pop in to the appropriate folder? is that all it would take?

I have added the Retro Television Border.
https://github.com/Kobe46/Overlay/tree/master/TV

I will be adding more as soon as I get home =D

I changed it in the quick menu

Hmm I have not had that issue when I changed it in Quick Menu, is this using the NES Classic controller? or another controller?

Last edited by Kobe46,

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm I have not had that issue when I changed it in Quick Menu, is this using the NES Classic controller? or another controller?

I have it with both of the controllers, i switched B to A and A to B for both controllers, ending up in using only A because B didn't work, and the action for both the buttons ended up on button A

Salvo85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, i tried to swap 'B' with 'Y' in Donkey kong country and B became Y and Select :ninja:

Last edited by Salvo85,

Nintenboy01

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm still having a weird bug in Super Mario All-Stars + World - whenever I get past the title screen for any of the 5 games, the controls stop responding (except for Home and the Start + Select combo. I'm using a Wii Classic Controller)
I've already reflashed with a different ROM, same thing

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still having a weird bug in Super Mario All-Stars + World - whenever I get past the title screen for any of the 5 games, the controls stop responding (except for Home and the Start + Select combo. I'm using a Wii Classic Controller)
Are you using the 2005 or 2010 core?

pcm720

Trophies
Website
pcm720.me
XP
Country
Russia
@pcm720 the problem with retroarch not saving the 16:9 aspect ratio is back :/
That shouldn't happen, I haven't changed anything since writing this:
Code:
# Set aspect ratio in config only if current ratio is 20 (1:1 PAR) or 21 (core provided)
current_ratio=$(cat /etc/libretro/retroarch.cfg | grep "aspect_ratio_index" | sed 's/[^0-9]*//g')
if [ -z "$ratio" ] || [ "$current_ratio" == "21" ] || [ "$current_ratio" == "20" ]; then
  sed -i -e 's/aspect_ratio_index = "[^"]*"/aspect_ratio_index = "'$ratio'"/g' /etc/libretro/retroarch.cfg
fi

Check your retroarch.cfg and retroarch.hmod

erolz

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,

I've successfully installed 47 extra NES, 37 SNES, 13 N64, 4 MEGADRIVE and a couple of GBA roms. They all work fine (did not test them all but Street Fighter Turbo, Zelda SNES, Mario 64 etc all work.

BUT
I've installed 2 Neogeo games, mslug2 and puzzle bobble (17 and 8mb). When I start these games, it goes back to the mini nes GUI.

I've installed all cores incl fb_alpha..

Any tips?
Thanks

dangwoot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That shouldn't happen, I haven't changed anything since writing this:
Code:
# Set aspect ratio in config only if current ratio is 20 (1:1 PAR) or 21 (core provided)
current_ratio=$(cat /etc/libretro/retroarch.cfg | grep "aspect_ratio_index" | sed 's/[^0-9]*//g')
if [ -z "$ratio" ] || [ "$current_ratio" == "21" ] || [ "$current_ratio" == "20" ]; then
  sed -i -e 's/aspect_ratio_index = "[^"]*"/aspect_ratio_index = "'$ratio'"/g' /etc/libretro/retroarch.cfg
fi

Check your retroarch.cfg and retroarch.hmod

Yeah something must have gone weird, i have no sound in my games either.. got it on the main NESC menu but not in the games themselves... Going to try reflashing retroarch and the like see if that fixes it.

Nintenboy01

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you using the 2005 or 2010 core?
Just 2005 now, same issue with 2010 before too. Could you try the game as well?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi,

I've successfully installed 47 extra NES, 37 SNES, 13 N64, 4 MEGADRIVE and a couple of GBA roms. They all work fine (did not test them all but Street Fighter Turbo, Zelda SNES, Mario 64 etc all work.

BUT
I've installed 2 Neogeo games, mslug2 and puzzle bobble (17 and 8mb). When I start these games, it goes back to the mini nes GUI.

I've installed all cores incl fb_alpha..

Any tips?
Thanks
I think we need neogeo.zip but I'm unsure as to where exactly to place it.

dangwoot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay reinstalling the .hmod files i was using helped so the audio is back, and i also got the 16:9 thing working again lol. Now if i can just get these damn games organized as they are all out of whack .
For some reason it's not putting the games together example: Adventure island has a game with AI after it but then after that are more games with Adventure in the name.
So somehow i have to figure out how to get all the ADV games to come before the AI game etc, As it stands it's a mess!

Edit: holy hell i'm an idiot! Just push select to sort by title -_- . Lmao everyone have a good laugh at my expense on that one!

Last edited by dangwoot,
Reactions: HecklerJH

Boognish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know to enable scanlines in retroarch? I have nes, sms, Genesis and snes. I run nes games by using the command line option.

dont know if you found you answer,

try this.. in RA> settings > video > Bilinear Filtering ON... makes non nes games look alot better

Last edited by Boognish,
Reactions: herm4n

DR1001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I installed some MAME roms onto the system. On my controller if I hit a button a black and white config menu pops up. It reminds me of the retroarch menu but it pops up while the game is running. You can change which button to bring this up as well.

Bottom line is that it is very annoying. Anyone know how to disable it? It's a menu where you can change settings in the game, to the controllers etc.

mollywhopper78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used release.zip instead of source.zip, do i have start from scratch (flash original kernel back) to use the folder structure from source.zip ?

Just to let you know, I did what @NESjimbo suggested and it worked. So do the following:

1. Uninstall all mods that are installed on the NESC using the module uninstall in the program (leave music hack alone)
  2. Remove those from the user_mod folder by deleting them
  3. Download the source file that @pcm720 released
  4. Copy the folder for retroarch.hmod and paste into user_mod folder
  5. Copy and paste any cores (entire folder with its contents)
  6. Install the mods using the module menu and follow instructions
Now if you are trying to get Mario All Stars to run for SNES:
  1. Copy and paste the core named "snes9x2010.hmod" into the user_mod folder
  2. Go into the folder labeled "bin" inside the "snes9x2010.hmod" folder and change the file name to "snes2010" (Don't change the folder name, just the file in the bin folder)
  3. In the command line for the game Super Mario All Stars change "bin/snes/usr" to bin/snes2010/usr
  4. Flash the kernel and changes should there!
There will be NO SAVE STATES for Super Mario All Stars though...

This worked for me bud so I hope it helps and is easy enough to understand...that is how I have to have for me to get it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

See my reply to @AndyVr.... It will lay it out step by step

Reactions: NESjimbo

Nesminiguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI games that should be run with snes2010 and not snes2005...

Super Mario All Stars + World
Mortal Kombat 2
Tactics Ogre
BS Zelda Third Quest

Feel free to add to this list as a PSA.

Reactions: herm4n

Bosco82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Mario All Stars in any version of snes9x2005 has a problem where the controllers are flipped, it should work if you play it with controller 2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...