Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what do you put in the command like to get glupen64 to be default in one game example /bin/n64 /usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-6-XUGUZ/Mario_Kart_64.v64.7z ? i changed the n64 to n64g but didnt work
You need the update the file in the bin folder that works with glupen. Did you rename that file n64g?

mollywhopper78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install 2010 core if you have not already. You will need to change the snes file in the bin folder of the 2010 core. Rename it "snes2010". In the command line for All-Stars, change "snes" to "snes2010"

So please walk me through this...

I installed the core: snes9x2010.hmod (that is I put it into the user_mod folder and then installed to NESC)

I then changed in the user_mod folder (assuming that was the bin folder you referenced) the name of the core to: snes2010.hmod

I then changed in the command line "snes" to "snes2010" as you said.

Flashed the NESC and all game types work except for Mario All Stars which tries to run and then goes to a black screen and back to menu.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can you give a hint where i can find working Sonic roms, i know i may not ask this. :)

I'm already using 2010 core for SNES... :/

I heard of a location on that world wide web place that has a bird like an ostrich (with a 3 letter name) and a place that many like to call a "tropical location". (In the 90s there was a song from Coolio that was Gangtaz _________)

I found what you're talking about there but you .md files and you need to use core "use_picodrive.hmod"

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So please walk me through this...

I installed the core: snes9x2010.hmod (that is I put it into the user_mod folder and then installed to NESC)

I then changed in the user_mod folder (assuming that was the bin folder you referenced) the name of the core to: snes2010.hmod

I then changed in the command line "snes" to "snes2010" as you said.

Flashed the NESC and all game types work except for Mario All Stars which tries to run and then goes to a black screen and back to menu.

Don't change the name of the ,hmod file. Put that back to the way it was if you did.

Go to user_mods\(snes9x2010 hmod folder name)\bin\snes, rename that file to snes2010. Then change the command line in the game to "snes2010"

Full disclosure, I went with the Source Code.zip method where retroarch.hmod is a folder rather than a file. So instead of adding each module individually, I only add RetroArch to the NESC, and I add the cores to the retroarch.hmod\etc\libretro\core directory. So my method is different than yours, but the results should be the same.

Is there a decent working GBA core yet? I mainly want it for mother 3 :D
Have you had problems with mgba?

Last edited by NESjimbo,

dangwoot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah was just curious as to what the best one was before i went installing a bunch of random .hmod files :D But if mgba is the one too go with then i guess i'll use that one.

mollywhopper78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't change the name of the ,hmod file. Put that back to the way it is.

Go to user_mods\(snes9x2010 hmod folder name)\bin\snes, rename that file to snes2010. Then change the command line in the game to "snes2010"

Full disclosure, I went with the Source Code.zip method where retroarch.hmod is a folder rather than a file. So instead of adding each module individually, I only add RetroArch to the NESC, and I add the cores to the retroarch.hmod\etc\libretro\core directory. So my method is different than yours, but the results should be the same.

The only folder in my user_mod folder in the hakchi2 folder is the "music_hack", everything I install as cores are simply copied files from @pcm720's .zip file, so I'm not sure where to go to in mine to find: "Go to user_mods\(snes9x2010 hmod folder name)\bin\snes, rename that file to snes2010."

Sorry I'm simple with this...

If I copy the file "snes9x2010.hmod" and paste it into the user_mod folder what would I change the command line to?

The only folder in my user_mod folder in the hakchi2 folder is the "music_hack", everything I install as cores are simply copied files from @pcm720's .zip file, so I'm not sure where to go to in mine to find: "Go to user_mods\(snes9x2010 hmod folder name)\bin\snes, rename that file to snes2010."

If I copy the file "snes9x2010.hmod" and paste it into the user_mod folder what would I change the command line to?

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Oh, so not even retroarch.hmod is a folder, huh? Everything is just an hmod file? Then I'm not sure what you need to do. It's more work intensive, but I recommend downloading the source file zip instead of release.zip and using those files. It's more customizable, which comes in handy when you want custom cores for certain games.

Reactions: AndyVr

mollywhopper78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, so not even retroarch.hmod is a folder, huh? Everything is just an hmod file? Then I'm not sure what you need to do. It's more work intensive, but I recommend downloading the source file zip instead of release.zip and using those files. It's more customizable, which comes in handy when you want custom cores for certain games.

Yikes.... I finally have everything working, kind of punch drunk to lose that

So that is the file that installs folders into the user_mod folder right?

AndyVr

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I used release.zip instead of source.zip, do i have start from scratch (flash original kernel back) to use the folder structure from source.zip ?

keithelmcity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to access the game genie codes with out making it a permit fix to the rom? some time i might wanna play fair other times i just might wanna have unlimited ammo ?

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to reflash the original kernel. To be safe, I would uninstall RetroArch module, add in the new user_mods folders, and then reinstall the new one.

If you drag and drop, you can do it in just a few minutes. Go here: https://github.com/pcm720/retroarch-clover and download everything. Drag and drop the retroarch.hmod folders and the folders you want from the core_modules and core_modules_extra into the user_mods folder. For the purposes of snes9x2010, go into that directory and change the file in the bin directory to "snes2010", and change the command line for All-Stars to "snes2010".

Another option would be to just copy over the retroarch.hmod folder to user_mods, and instead of moving over each directory for each emulator module, you only copy over the files from the core, bin and info folders from each emulator module into the same folders found in the retroarch.hmod parent folder. Then you only have to install a single module to the NESC (retroarch). When you've finished that, go to hakchi2\user_mods\retroarch.hmod\bin folder and change the snes files so you have one for 2005 and one for 2010.

DR1001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can anyone direct me how to change the screen size in the MAME menu. Some roms fit great on the screen and I recently added Mercs and it covers about as much screen as an iPad would.

Or can you even change the settings from the MAME menu?

mollywhopper78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to reflash the original kernel. To be safe, I would uninstall RetroArch module, add in the new user_mods folders, and then reinstall the new one.

If you drag and drop, you can do it in just a few minutes. Go here: https://github.com/pcm720/retroarch-clover and download everything. Drag and drop the retroarch.hmod folders and the folders you want from the core_modules and core_modules_extra into the user_mods folder. For the purposes of snes9x2010, go into that directory and change the file in the bin directory to "snes2010", and change the command line for All-Stars to "snes2010".

Another option would be to just copy over the retroarch.hmod folder to user_mods, and instead of moving over each directory for each emulator module, you only copy over the files from the core, bin and info folders from each emulator module into the same folders found in the retroarch.hmod parent folder. Then you only have to install a single module to the NESC (retroarch). When you've finished that, go to hakchi2\user_mods\retroarch.hmod\bin folder and change the snes files so you have one for 2005 and one for 2010.

So doing this through the source file (with folders), will that take away from playing the games on the front end? Or do I have to go through Retroarch to access the games?

All I want to do is start a game from the menu without having to access the Retroarch menu.

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has no impact on the front end. The method i outlined only changes the way you can make changes in the back end. I open every game from the NESC menu as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!