Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

johnnytheboy12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think so? He has a few game patches on the program that what I thought would patch the game?

I got Splatterhouse and Holy diver to work as well. Just need 3 more games, japanese Star Wars, Akumajou Special - Boku Dracula-kun and Japanese Contra.
If it is starwars by jvc all versions work all you have to do is start game and do not skip any cut scene up till the part when you see the meteor shooting part the skip through everything else if you wish and it will play flawlessly

Reactions: nesito

Abadai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to allow command line arguments for the Original 30 games? I'm trying to change the overscan black lines on those while keeping my saves.

RetrogamerX

Trophies
XP
Country
If it is starwars by jvc all versions work all you have to do is start game and do not skip any cut scene up till the part when you see the meteor shooting part the skip through everything else if you wish and it will play flawlessly

It's the Japanese Namco version of Star Wars that doesn't work.

Retro arcade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this is the intended way for it to be but if you keep the small images present in the games folder and use the option to hide them and the arrow then it does and the screen is completely solid in that area(does not increase amount of games still). However if you delete the small images and have the option set to hide then you get white boxes along the whole row(verified it does increase amount of games you can have without c8 error still)

Last edited by Retro arcade,

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got Splatterhouse and Holy diver to work as well. Just need 3 more games, japanese Star Wars, Akumajou Special - Boku Dracula-kun and Japanese Contra.

Can you help me out here...I'm trying to get both Holy Diver and Splatterhouse to work, but I get the mapper #78 unsupported error when trying to add Holy Diver. I would assume you switched the mapper in order to get it working, but I'd love to know what you did.

Retro arcade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you help me out here...I'm trying to get both Holy Diver and Splatterhouse to work, but I get the mapper #78 unsupported error when trying to add Holy Diver. I would assume you switched the mapper in order to get it working, but I'd love to know what you did.

Perhaps this will help you out. http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/423/

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You are a saint! Thank you. Two follow-up questions...

(1) if I want it translated to English, should I apply the translation patch to the ROM before applying the mapper hack? (Or will applying the translation patch get in the way of the mapper hack?)

(2) Is there something similar for Splatterhouse to get it working?

johnnytheboy12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Cluster Hi mate, firstly I wanted to say a huge thanks for all your hard work man, bloody awesome what you have done!
As I posted above I did a YouTube tutorial on how to apply your hack, as I'm sure you are aware the emulator in the nes mini doesn't support all the various mappers that were released, i've gotten a few games to work with mapper hacks, another member suggested I contact you and you might be able to "add" them in? I'm not sure if Hakchi is able to patch on the fly?
Anyway hit me up if I can be of help and many thanks once again, absolute Ledge!
Oh my YouTube videos are -

Where did you get the wai wai world 2 ips patch ?

Erdrick77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure Edrick I have a European mini and as you say its built in, the only rom sets I have are USA and a Euro one, have you tried the European rom?

@Tootyuk: No, I have not tried using the European version, as I have heard the speed of things is messed up when you try that, since all NES/Famicom Classics are designed to play NTSC games instead of PAL.

Does anyone know how to patch StarTropics (U) to get it working on the Famicom Classic? I'm assuming a patch similar to the StarTropics 2 patch would work, but I've searched and searched and can't find one...

Retro arcade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are a saint! Thank you. Two follow-up questions...

(1) if I want it translated to English, should I apply the translation patch to the ROM before applying the mapper hack? (Or will applying the translation patch get in the way of the mapper hack?)

(2) Is there something similar for Splatterhouse to get it working?

Maybe this mmc3 hack will work http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/425/

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this is the intended way for it to be but if you keep the small images present in the games folder and use the option to hide them and the arrow then it does and the screen is completely solid in that area(does not increase amount of games still). However if you delete the small images and have the option set to hide then you get white boxes along the whole row(verified it does increase amount of games you can have without c8 error still)

I think this is because the small, invisible png files that are used to 'hide' the thumbnail bar are each utilizing one of those hypothetical 242 spaces. Getting rid of them completely looks like crap (just a white bar), but it should indeed free up some of those spaces. The more and more I see, the more I feel that image size has little or nothing to do with how many games/covers/thumbs/save states we can have. Perhaps the system has a hard indexing limit.

Retro arcade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this is because the small, invisible png files that are used to 'hide' the thumbnail bar are each utilizing one of those hypothetical 242 spaces. Getting rid of them completely looks like crap (just a white bar), but it should indeed free up some of those spaces. The more and more I see, the more I feel that image size has little or nothing to do with how many games/covers/thumbs/save states we can have. Perhaps the system has a hard indexing limit.

That's what I'm thinking is that the program replaces them on upload but can't if you delete them, although the arrow goes away. Hopefully a method to be able to delete them and no white boxes will be found.

And yes it was shown early on that image size has nothing to do with anything

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Anyone know how the 44 games are determined that show the small image. Basically how it determines which one it starts with

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thank you again! Will be testing these later.

If I want the games translated to English, should I apply the translation patch to the ROM before or after applying the mapper hack? (Or will applying the translation patch get in the way of the mapper hack?)

PlaystationTV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so nothing has changed from this? even if you hide the thumbnail with the new setting

https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassic...sion_3_of_the_game_countsafe_save_count_list/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?