Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okej so I followed the steps and added around 30 games yesterday. Today I was thinking to add more games but my question is, do I need to do the same process I did the first time? The flashing and the reset holding and so on?

yes, every time.

Gamby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cluster I give up, been trying for countless days and hours to get this working. Still get what seems to be the reset error. Tried everything from different computers, disabling every antivirus, firewall program, disabled digital signing, using 7zip to extract, reinstalling drivers, tried someone elses dump, factory reset, different versions of software. No luck, I cannot get games to load. Watched every video and read every message in here, twice. Can dump, flash, load games. A couple of times the led goes off but mostly never does. I truly believe it's this specific nes and dump that can not be penetrated.

Last edited by Gamby,

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Gamby So your windows did recognized your nes ?
You are using version 2.07 or 2.08
You have as a minimum .NET Framework 3.5 installed
You use the original USB cable

What happens with a clean install and then connect your NES and hold reset and press power ?
Is your mini NES found by windows ?
Is it installing drivers ?
Is it copying the original kernel to your windows ?
If you just put one extra game in the program and then press synchronize, what is happening then ?
If has uploaded a new kernel to your mini NES, do you get any warnings ?
if the succeed pop-up appears, what happens to the led of you mini NES ?

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
@Cluster I give up, been trying for countless days and hours to get this working. Still get what seems to be the reset error. Tried everything from different computers, disabling every antivirus, firewall program, disabled digital signing, using 7zip to extract, reinstalling drivers, tried someone elses dump, factory reset, different versions of software. No luck, I cannot get games to load. Watched every video and read every message in here, twice. Can dump, flash, load games. A couple of times the led goes off but mostly never does. I truly believe it's this specific nes and dump that can not be penetrated.
Need UART output to understand...

Gabriel Mejia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@palic
what i meant is delete the Disksys.rom file
but keep the Super Mario Bros. 2.fds

then upload the Super Mario Bros. 2.fds to your nes mini and it should work.

don't rename the .fds to .nes
that'll cause issues.

Last edited by Gabriel Mejia,

Gamby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Mad-Mega
So your windows did recognized your nes ? Yes it is always recognized as MiniNes
You are using version 2.07 or 2.08 .. Tried Both
You have as a minimum .NET Framework 3.5 installed .NET is installed
You use the original USB cable Did not try the original cable but used two different ones

What happens with a clean install and then connect your NES and hold reset and press power ? It gets recognized by windows and allows me to dump, patch, load games etc.
Is your mini NES found by windows ? Yes, everytime
Is it installing drivers ? Yes it is and I even tried reinstalling. I tried on 3 Windows 10 computers.
Is it copying the original kernel to your windows ? Yes it is
If you just put one extra game in the program and then press synchronize, what is happening then ? If I try one game it goes through properly but when it finishes and prompts to wait for LED to go out, eveytime, but once, it doesn't go out and it just disconnects from PC. No games load. I even tried not loading any games and just deselecting Bubble Bobble, it's still there.
If has uploaded a new kernel to your mini NES, do you get any warnings ? Yes, If I upload an already patched Kernal, it warns me.
if the succeed pop-up appears, what happens to the led of you mini NES ? Stays on all but two times probably out of 35-50 times trying.

Last edited by Gamby,

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Gamby Can you please try if the original USB cable works ?

It might be a long shot but i saw some people having similar issues when using different cables.

Gabriel Mejia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Gamby
1.make sure the console is not in the on position when you plug it in
2.open up the hakchi2 program
3.add the games you want added to the console
4.click [Synchronize selected games with NES Mini]
5.hold the reset button and keep holding it while pressing in the power button
6.let go of the reset button
7.let it install the driver
8.if it doesn't install the driver do a manual install.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Gamby i almost forgot
make sure windows has signature verification turned off before you set up the console
otherwise it won't work.

Last edited by Gabriel Mejia,

Gamby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Mad-Mega so when I use the original cable and go through the procedure, the led does go out and everything looks like it is supposed to. The problem is, the games will not load. I tried a single game, different games and multiple games. Nothing. Getting closer but not there.

Last edited by Gamby,

Lion83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anybody noticed graphic difference? I have the Nvidia shield TV and I run NES emu on it. I uploaded the same games to nes mini that I did to the Nvidia shield and there is graphic difference. Don't know witch I prefer but it's strange to me that it's graphic difference considering I uploaded the same games

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Mad-Mega so when I use the original cable and go through the procedure, the led does go out and everything looks like it is supposed to. The problem is, the games will not load. I tried a single game, different games and multiple games. Nothing. Getting closer but not there.

When it is done uploading, it gives a pop-up that when the led goes out, you have to turn off your mini NES, i think you would do that but just asking ;-)

Last edited by Mad-Mega,

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Done. Also next version will patch those games automatically.

What if I've already successfully patched and loaded one of those games? In my case it's Battletoads. When I update to the next hakchi2 version, will there be an issue with it trying to patch an already-patched game?

Reactions: Mad-Mega

Gabriel Mejia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Gamby
I don't know which version of windows you have,
if it's windows 7 tap F8 repeatedly when you first turn on your computer
you'll be greeted with a menu that looks like this
then select Disable Driver Signature Enforcement and press the [enter] key
czgzcslx2y8pr0n

If it's windows 10 click the start menu and select settings
then click [Update & Security]
then click the [recovery] tab on the left
under [Advanced Startup] click [Restart Now]

when it reboots you'll be greeted with a menu that looks like this
60619d1453744468t-advanced-startup-options-boot-windows-10-a-3-startup_options.jpg

click [Troubleshoot]
under troubleshoot you'll see a menu that looks like this
8147d1415778258-command-prompt-boot-open-windows-10-a-advanced_startup_options_command_prompt-2.jpg

click [Advanced options]
under Advanced options you'll see a menu like this
Windows-10-3.jpg

click [Startup Settings]
under startup settings you'll see a list of options like this
518x659x07_startup_settings_screen.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.fpyzoXEBpE.png

tap [7] or press the [F7] key on your keyboard
driver signature enforcement will now be disabled for the duration of your computer session.

Reactions: jar-_- and nesito

Gamby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When it is done uploading, it gives a pop-up that when the led goes out, you have to turn off your mini NES, i think you would do that but just asking ;-)
Yes I turn it off. The TV is not where my PC is, so I have to unplug it to take it over there and test it after it is completed.

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I understand but after uploading it gives a pop-up that if the light goes out, you have to turn off your mini NES

Lion83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So if I uploaded games yesterday and now I want to upload more, I have to do all the same process again as I understood. However, should all the games by ticked in again? Or should I only tick in the games I want to upload from today?

Lion83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I open the program the others are already ticked, should I untick them because they already in the system? Or should they be ticked as well? Sorry for misunderstanding

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff