Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

azareth012

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
My custom NES Box Art for the rom hack Metroid Rogue Dawn, enjoy!!

metroid_rogue_dawn_nes_box_art.jpg

PlaystationTV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I removed the original 30 games, and have loaded 135 roms with box arts, (no bottom thumbnails) and everything is working great, no c8 issues so far. The theory is the # of games is tied to the amount of art assets so ditching the small thumbnails at the bottom of the screen gives u room for more overall games, and ditching the original 30 and loading them as roms also gives u more overall space. I'm gonna keep adding roms until I max this thing out.... and leave a few save slots but not that many would rather have more games
Can you post a picture of how it looks without thumbnails in the menu

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

metroid_rogue_dawn_nes_box_art.jpg
I like it but not the rom website on the cover

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
I've got a question :

What is the point of filling games infos ?

Where do they appear ?
Yeah I second this as apart from sorting the order for 2player games etc there appears to be nothing in the gui showing the release date info etc that we have filled in?

OriginalFei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

First, thanks to Cluster for this great app :)
It works well for me.

I met just one error message. I have a C6 error with "Otocky" (FDS).
Do you know what is the problem with this game ? Or if there is a fix for C6 error code ?

Thanks !

elflum

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've just created an account to help those users that can't install driver on win 7 64-bit.

After many tries, i've found out that you can install driver using Zadig, but not the last version.

With 2.2 i got the "can't install the driver" error, but with zadig_xp_2.0.1 version, the driver has been installed smoothly. You can find it in the official Zadig webpage.

I hope this can help someone.

DbD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, the game Kage no Densetsu says that it uses mapper 87 and that the mini nes doesn't support it. Any way you can help with that?

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Oh... so many questions. Sorry, I did not have time to answer everybody with my poor english.

Hakchi 2 displays mapper # 87 as unsupported, but it works with the Japanese version miniFC. For example, Argus, CITY Connection
I'll check it tomorrow, thank you!

It works, thanks!! I suggest to put this in the first post along the battletoads patch

You have to rename the patch file as the rom file, both must be identical ;)
Done. Also next version will patch those games automatically.

@Cluster my audio delay is back now too when flashed with custom kernel. It disappeared when I first used the uninstall feature introduced in 2.08 but the audio delay bug came back after I added games a couple different times. Now nothing gets rid of it except flashing back to original kernel. Any ideas appreciated.
Strange. I have no idea how hakchi2 can be connected with sound delays.

About the Famicom Disk System game like Super Mario bro. 2, how can I Upload the game.
I download the game's rom, include 2 files:
Super Mario Bros. 2.fds
and
Disksys.rom

hakchi2 don't notice the mapper error, but after uploading to Mini FC(Japanese edition), this game didn't work.

@Cluster Please Help. Thank you.
FDS ROMs are clean images, there is no mapper. Probably bad FDS dump. My image working fine on NES Mini.

@Cluster is there an advanced user argument to stretch image to 16:9 by any chance?
also which graphic filter values are available?
I don't think so.

johnnytheboy12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First of all thanks for this awsome app and appreciate your hard work and efforts so please battletoads works after patching. Could anyone make a patch for starwars game to work. The trouble is that the graphics dont load/change as you scroll along unless you pause then un pause the game creating a refresh so to speak.

220px-Starwars_2.png
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_(1991_video_game)

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
About the Famicom Disk System game like Super Mario bro. 2, how can I Upload the game.
I download the game's rom, include 2 files:
Super Mario Bros. 2.fds
and
Disksys.rom

hakchi2 don't notice the mapper error, but after uploading to Mini FC(Japanese edition), this game didn't work.

@Cluster Please Help. Thank you.

@palic
Search for the file Yume Koujou Doki Doki Panic (Japan)
Then use this command line
Code:
--fds-auto-disk-side-switch-on-keypress  --guest-overscan-dimensions 0,0,9,3 --initial-fadein-durations 3,2 --volume 75 --enable-armet

Or are you searching for SMB2 JAPAN ?
Than search for this file.
Super Mario Bros 2 (Lost Levels) (Unl)

@azareth012 I have some errors with this game, falling through floors and then reappear a few levels above...that is not normal right ?

it's strange, because i've noticed a huge sound delay before hakchi appeared, with the original kernel...

(for example jump with megaman and see when the sound of touching ground is coming...)

@MeteK Delay in sound often is a tv problem, HDMI, try if you can change the hdmi speed of the TV or tweak the TV

Last edited by Mad-Mega,

beanereno3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About the delay in sound and tv/ hdmi settings..

This is understood, but when it's flashed with original kernel there are absolutely no issues... it seems it's happening once you turn the system on when it has custom kernel installed something is slow to register with tv/hdmi... idk why or how but it's like a boot order is slow to register and then gives a delay. Original kernel has no issues. I'll def keep trying everything :)

Last edited by beanereno3,

Lion83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okej so I followed the steps and added around 30 games yesterday. Today I was thinking to add more games but my question is, do I need to do the same process I did the first time? The flashing and the reset holding and so on?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Good idea