Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

mooglazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just reporting in - works great with my Famicom Mini. I didn't want to erase the stock games, just add them. Every game I've tried works perfectly (obviously avoiding any with weird mappers like Castlevania 3).

My setup:
  • Windows 10 Pro
  • Disabled Windows Defender temporarily (it's a mess otherwise)

To flash:
  • hold reset, power on, wait for 4 seconds
  • do the thing
  • when it says Done, hit OK and wait 10 seconds before powering off (since there's no LED)

Really pleased so far. For what it's worth, my kernel checksum did NOT match (obviously) and returned an MD5 of ac8144c3ea4ab32e017648ee80bdc230.

Hope this helps, keep up the great work.

Feature requests: modify/remove/add individual ROMs from the original 30. There are a few I don't care about.

DarkunderdoG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just reporting in - works great with my Famicom Mini. I didn't want to erase the stock games, just add them. Every game I've tried works perfectly (obviously avoiding any with weird mappers like Castlevania 3).

My setup:
  • Windows 10 Pro
  • Disabled Windows Defender temporarily (it's a mess otherwise)

To flash:
  • hold reset, power on, wait for 4 seconds
  • do the thing
  • when it says Done, hit OK and wait 10 seconds before powering off (since there's no LED)

Really pleased so far. For what it's worth, my kernel checksum did NOT match (obviously) and returned an MD5 of ac8144c3ea4ab32e017648ee80bdc230.

Hope this helps, keep up the great work.

Feature requests: modify/remove/add individual ROMs from the original 30. There are a few I don't care about.

Any chance you could share your kernel.img - Curious if the famicom kernel works on the nes classic :)

Reactions: jar-_-

Flipper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just starting to think it wasn't meant to be. Tried every method possible, install/reinstall, different kernels, turning off driver signature checks, using different app versions...nothing works.

I'm just guessing some systems can get soft-modded and some can't with the tools available. Thanks everyone for the help but I've about lost all hope modding the thing.

BravSoldat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just starting to think it wasn't meant to be. Tried every method possible, install/reinstall, different kernels, turning off driver signature checks, using different app versions...nothing works.

I'm just guessing some systems can get soft-modded and some can't with the tools available. Thanks everyone for the help but I've about lost all hope modding the thing.
Hang in there, I bet a week from now we will all be playin whatever we want

DarkunderdoG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Can you describe what your problem is / what happens that its not working? Error Messages, etc.
Right there with ya, high hopes for day 3.

Have you tried the original process?

Flipper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you describe what your problem is / what happens that its not working? Error Messages, etc.

Everything goes smoothly up until the app is done uploading games, when it says to wait for the LED to turn off. It never does and I just get the original menu when I plug it into the the TV. It's the "reset bug" people mentioned here.

Reactions: BravSoldat

DarkunderdoG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah. no luck...

Yes I have, no luck.

What happens using the original method? Same thing? / Would either of you like to try a screenshare / chat via skype? Curious to see how your experience is different than mine and if there is anything I could do to assist...

Last edited by DarkunderdoG,

BravSoldat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just added FDS support, version 2.05.
FDS BIOS not required, it's already present in NES Mini :)

I need somebody with LED bug and UART cable soldered to NES Mini. I need console output, maybe there is simple error while script executing.
I might sound stupid but what is FDS?

DarkunderdoG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might sound stupid but what is FDS?

Famicom Disk System BIOS. Required to boot FDS ROMS In NES Emulators.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just added FDS support, version 2.05.
FDS BIOS not required, it's already present in NES Mini :)

I need somebody with LED bug and UART cable soldered to NES Mini. I need console output, maybe there is simple error while script executing.

I'm hoping the Famicom kernel image can be flashed on a NES Mini :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: