Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
could you create a folder back option for nes mini? please ;)
folder_back.png

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today's Core Set Update:)

Updated SNES9x (Now has support for the newly fan translated Tengai Makyou Zero: Far East of Eden and RTC support for the SPC7110 Chip:) PicoDrive is updated to 1.92!, and now sram saves work! Thanks notaz for the great Code Changes! MAME 2003 with System 32 Support is now in the Extras & Dependencies Folder. Current MAME 2003, with additional support for "More" Games, is in Main Folder now. Hyper Street Fighter II, Metal Slug 4, Windjammers (Yes, finally!), Sengoku 3, King of Fighter 2000, DonPachi, Vasara 2 , and many others now function on MAME 2003! Enjoy the absolutely amazing compatibility update for MAME 2003! Atari Lynx (Handy) was also updated. Final Burn Alpha Updated. Updated the Filters in Extreme RetroArch in Extras & Dependencies Folder. Added 8bitdo firmware that is compatible with both NESC/SNESC. Lastly, for those who want to dual use Gambatte & MGBA, I added extra command lines for both, so they can be dual used! /bin/gambatte & /bin/mgba , respectively. As always, I recommend uninstalling any previous Cores, then deleting from your User Mods folder, and replacing with these! Enjoy today's update!

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

System 32 Games run best on the MAME 2003 Variant in my Extras & Dependencies Folder. It will not run on any other MAME version properly. I was able to exploit the code to get them to work on that version, specifically:)

Here it is in action:)

You are using incorrect rom sets. Golden Axe 2 Death Adder will only work on the specially modified MAME 2003 in my Extras & Dependencies Folder. It will not run properly on any other MAME version.

Done:)

Awesome man, you're the best.

Last edited by PPlays,

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Second Core Set Update of the Day:)

UPDATE 10-23-17 - V2

Atari 5200 Support Added (Atari800 Core:)

UPDATE 10-23-17 - V1

Updated SNES9x (Now has support for the newly fan translated Tengai Makyou Zero: Far East of Eden and RTC support for the SPC7110 Chip:) PicoDrive is updated to 1.92!, and now sram saves work! Thanks notaz for the great Code Changes! MAME 2003 with System 32 Support is now in the Extras & Dependencies Folder. Current MAME 2003, with additional support for "More" Games, is in Main Folder now. Hyper Street Fighter II, Metal Slug 4, Windjammers (Yes, finally!), Sengoku 3, King of Fighter 2000, DonPachi, Vasara 2 , and many others now function on MAME 2003! Enjoy the absolutely amazing compatibility update for MAME 2003! Atari Lynx (Handy) was also updated. Final Burn Alpha Updated. Updated the Filters in Extreme RetroArch in Extras & Dependencies Folder. Added 8bitdo firmware that is compatible with both NESC/SNESC. Lastly, for those who want to dual use Gambatte & MGBA, I added extra command lines for both, so they can be dual used! /bin/gambatte & /bin/mgba , respectively. As always, I recommend uninstalling any previous Cores, then deleting from your User Mods folder, and replacing with these! Enjoy today's update!

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases/
One last question (Hopefully) How can I tell what the RIGHT romset is? I'm not a stranger to how all this works and I've gotten most arcade roms working, but say Spiderman, which is STILL giving me issues, how do I know what is the right one? I'm using the new mame2003 mod you put out and it obviously works based on your video so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Reactions: vanditr

wigner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got most roms I want working, but noticed that I can't create/use savestates in retroarch with mame roms. I can with snes9x and gba roms, but not with mame roms. Is this expected/known behavior?

vanditr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you guys been able to load Tengai Makyou Zero? snes9x takes you to the first screen then it takes you to a memory test, even the snes9x for windows needs to me modified to be able to play that rom, maybe someone can that modify snes9x for retroarch?

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you guys been able to load Tengai Makyou Zero? snes9x takes you to the first screen then it takes you to a memory test, even the snes9x for windows needs to me modified to be able to play that rom, maybe someone can that modify snes9x for retroarch?
Check out KMFDManic's last post on the page before this.

Reactions: vanditr

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm conducting some tests on what would be the ideal number of games if we want to be able to have 4 save states per games. I've just had my first report for a C4 error when trying to save a new save state.

I made a bunch of save states on my own until I eventually got C4d as well.

Edit:

I'm dumb it,s only because I moved the states to the "extra" space on the nand. It seems to have 60MB and not 50MB

Last edited by The Frenchman,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One last question (Hopefully) How can I tell what the RIGHT romset is? I'm not a stranger to how all this works and I've gotten most arcade roms working, but say Spiderman, which is STILL giving me issues, how do I know what is the right one? I'm using the new mame2003 mod you put out and it obviously works based on your video so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

No, it works only with the MAME 2003 in my extras and dependencies folder:)

Gab75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys,
I have a doubt or, in other words, I need a confirmation (maybe it can be useful for other users too).
I suppose that when (if) I need to flash a new custom kernel (SNES mini) before I must uninstall the extra modules and the old custom kernel...
step by step (e.g.):
- export all savestates with "savestate manager" (and after delete them from SNES mini NAND)
- remove extra_space module
- remove retroarch module
- uninstal custom kernel
- flash new custom kernel
- re-install extra_space module
- re-install retroarch module
- re-import savestates with "savestate manager"

Thanks in advance for answers/clarifications! :)

Last edited by Gab75,

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Hi guys,
I have a doubt or, in other words, I need a confirmation (maybe it can be useful for other users too).
I suppose that when (if) I need to flash a new custom kernel (SNES mini) before I must uninstall the extra modules and the old custom kernel...
step by step (e.g.):
- export all savestates with "savestate manager" (and after delete them from SNES mini NAND)
- remove extra_space module
- remove retroarch module
- uninstal custom kernel
- flash new custom kernel
- re-install extra_space module
- re-install retroarch module
- re-import savestates with "savestate manager"

Thanks in advance for answers/clarifications! :)
Sounds about right

Oris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help. I am trying to dump the kernel from my SNES, disabled my driver enforcement thing, used Zadig. It said it installed the driver successfully. So I go into hakchi2, hit dump kernel and it is just sitting here. I hit install driver, it pops up with a black box that says, "Found USB device: "USB Device" (1f3A:EFE8) Installing wdi driver with <nesmini.inf> at <usb_driver> Press Enter to exit this driver installer"

And nothing is happening. This is the exact same issue I had with the NES classic as well, which is why I never got it going either. I'm honestly about to beat my computer into the ground with my bare hands as it has been kind of a dick in general lately...

heygravity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question - if I'm adding SNES games only (no RA) and I don't want to use folders (all games on front screen) then how many games total (including the original 21) is considered safe before running into errors? Also does that number change if compressed/uncompressed?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc