Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm the one that lost his overlays backgrounds, I followed a tutorial in github made by user DNA64

Also my quick saves doesn't work, I can't return to my game after push the reset button.

Oh, I followed a different guide, actually, from Reddit. I would ask DNA64 about that. Sorry.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here it is

Apparently I can post links now.

Coding looks good, great work.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes, i´m using the Original Micro USB Cable.
I´m starting "Dump Kernel" and then the instrusctions came.
Reconnect, hold reset, power on, hold reset a few seconds..

if i hold it 5 Seconds then release the Reset Button, i get the Error Message: "USB Read Error IOTimedOut"
If i Hold it for less then 5 Seconds, the Power LED Turn on and i get the Error Message: "Can´t write to USB".

I switched the USB Ports, but nothing.
The Driver is ok i think, after installation it says "NES Classic Mini".

MAybe i try to switch the Kernel Dump, but i think this would be "Dumb" :)

You can private message me, if you wish. I have been down this road with hundreds of people.

@KMFDManic , I'm hoping that maybe you can help me out, since most people here seem to care about SNES Mini instead of NES Mini, lol.

You still having issues with Save States?

Reactions: TonyBiH

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coding looks good, great work.

You can private message me, if you wish. I have been down this road with hundreds of people.

So , I noticed one of the tutorials (the Impatient one) had the 21 original games included (which tutorial no longer includes them as the backups are no longer a part), when we flash the kernel, we flash the 21 games in addition to the ones we want to add? Are there tutorials that allow us to back up the 21 games or should I use that one I found last night? I'd like to keep my 21 games and the handful I want to add :P If that makes sense XD

Last edited by the_randomizer,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So , I noticed one of the tutorials (the Impatient one) had the 21 original games included (which tutorial no longer includes them as the backups are no longer a part), when we flash the kernel, we flash the 21 games in addition to the ones we want to add? Are there tutorials that allow us to back up the 21 games or should I use that one I found last night? I'd like to keep my 21 games and the handful I want to add :P If that makes sense XD

This is a bit of a loaded question. Without doing a few more tweaks, you will start running into problems after adding 30 Games. You will need to adjust for folder management, of which there are tutorials for. I am not all that concerned with that, as the Folder Management will be likely implemented into the Final Revision before release. But, if you want to avoid issues, and keep things simple, I would suggest unselecting the original 30. Then, just follow the steps I outline in the video, and add the games of the 21 you want:) Then, you can get to 30 Games, and not worry about Folder Management. Once you get more comfortable, you can read up on Folder Management, and apply that methodology. Or, you can be happy with 30 at a time, and wait til Folder Management is in the Official release! It is all on how much more you want to push yourself with the unofficial means:) None of it is too tricky, if you are patient enough!

shinrukus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually didnt use any of the videos, but I used that one guy's FTP Method, and now I am using hakchi 2.18, but I still have to FTP and move the games over to the new folder. I still would like some way to mount the original folder as RW, so I can delete that folder and get that space back. 48mbs is still enough for 10-20 games. I also liked being able to wrap the games up like Starfox 2 used to be lol

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm processing a vid tutorial right now if anyone is interested. It's going to have the two download links you need for the process. I wasn't sure if one was posted or not due to the large amount of pages being added to this thread.

evilone

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
No need to stress you guys, i assume in a few days cluster is ready to release.. latest Github few minutes ago (ClusterM Super Famicom Support - Finally SNES Patcher).
This sounds really nice to me, i really think there will be a release during the weekend if he has enough time.

Reactions: TonyBiH

Kumoashi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Kumoashi,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a bit of a loaded question. Without doing a few more tweaks, you will start running into problems after adding 30 Games. You will need to adjust for folder management, of which there are tutorials for. I am not all that concerned with that, as the Folder Management will be likely implemented into the Final Revision before release. But, if you want to avoid issues, and keep things simple, I would suggest unselecting the original 30. Then, just follow the steps I outline in the video, and add the games of the 21 you want:) Then, you can get to 30 Games, and not worry about Folder Management. Once you get more comfortable, you can read up on Folder Management, and apply that methodology. Or, you can be happy with 30 at a time, and wait til Folder Management is in the Official release! It is all on how much more you want to push yourself with the unofficial means:) None of it is too tricky, if you are patient enough!

But that's just it, the video doesn't show how to back up or retain the 21 games plus the games you want. I don't plan on exceeding 30, no, maybe 28/29 absolute max. Is there a tutorial on keeping the 21 though? I haven't seen one, like, at all. *Sigh* Never mind. I'm not gonna get a straight answer here. :(

I want to:

Keep original 21 games
Not use FTP method
No more than 28 or 29 games total

But so far, no tutorial has been clear on how to back up the original 21 games or retain them when you flash the kernel, so yeah, there isn't a lot of information on how, and if there is, people certainly aren't explaining how to on any tutorials so far. What are we supposed to do? I don't want to remove the 21 games.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just uploaded a pretty easy to follow tutorial. :)

Doesn't explain how to keep the original 21 games though. I would imagine you could find those and add them in manually like all the other games.

I guess I can't post links though so I don't know how to share it here :/

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just uploaded a pretty easy to follow tutorial. :)

Doesn't explain how to keep the original 21 games though. I would imagine you could find those and add them in manually like all the other games.

I guess I can't post links though so I don't know how to share it here :/

Not until you reach a post count of ten.

kevinamold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. For games that use retroarch, is it possible to disable START + SELECT from bringing the retroarch options menu up? I want to be able to let other people (especially kids) play without having to worry about them accidentally accessing this menu and messing the settings up.

While we're patiently waiting for Cluster to properly do this instead of screwing up our systems, why don't we answer this critical question above. There seems to be no answer to this that I can find on the net, so I think it's something a ton of people would benefit from knowing.

Reactions: Crazystato

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...