Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Baggins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't help you there, then. Either you risk doing it with the tools out, or wait for the official Haxchi program to release *shrug*. It's only one game that's affected, and even then, it only affects two levels. C'est la vie.
I've already said I'm waiting... I'm not stupid... Also since as soon has better hackchi versions are out it will copy over anything people are doing now, with the 'improved' method... so why waste my time?

This manual process takes too much work, and is about as slow, and unstable as NES Mini hacking was before Hackchi2 came along in the first place.... No thank you...

Last edited by Baggins,
Reactions: TonyBiH

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already said I'm waiting... I'm not stupid... Also since as soon has better hackchi versions are out it will copy over anything people are doing now, with the 'improved' method... so why waste my time?

This manual process takes too much work, and is about as slow, and unstable as NES Mini hacking was before Hackchi2 came along in the first place.... No thank you...

Well, I mean, I'm just confused that people are being way too damn critical about the quality of the emulation, that's all. Heaven forbid an emulator has a glitch or two. It's not really a deal breaker.

Baggins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I mean, I'm just confused that people are being way too damn critical about the quality of the emulation, that's all. Heaven forbid an emulator has a glitch or two. It's not really a deal breaker.
For the same reason people complain about the quality of the 'filters', people know there is better out there, and want better, quality. The reviews praise the good, and complain about the bad... Constructive criticism is a valid concern. There is more good than bad, but that doesn't mean since its being hacked anyways that some of these limitations can't be fixed in the process.

I use a hacked rom of Star Tropics on the NES mini that fixes the overworld music glitch so you can hear the music as the composers intended, not something you could even hear correctly on original cartridge because the bug was in the game itself. So ya sometimes nintendos mistakes can be fixed or improved upon.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the same reason people complain about the quality of the 'filters', people know there is better out there, and want better, quality. The reviews praise the good, and complain about the bad... Constructive criticism is a valid concern. There is more good than bad, but that doesn't mean since its being hacked anyways that some of these limitations can't be fixed in the process.

I use a hacked rom of Star Tropics on the NES mini that fixes the overworld music glitch so you can hear the music as the composers intended, not something you could even hear correctly on original cartridge because the bug was in the game itself. So ya sometimes nintendos mistakes can be fixed or improved upon.

I redact everything I said. Sorry. At least it's not as bad as the Snes VC on Wii U or Wii.

rhester72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so it seems that the background glitch in yoshis island is not an antiepilepsy patch but an emulation bug. :( begins at 1:20

i uploaded an untouched smw2 - yoshis island 1.1 ntsc-u rom to the snes mini (ID is CLV-Z-YNOOY) and played till i reached level 1-7 and the glitch is the same as in the snes mini stock rom.

Did you actually turn off the epilepsy filter with "-fp 0" on the canoe-shvc command line in the .desktop file?

Reactions: Baggins

cokeaddict

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You're used to the PAL version I guess. The 50fps PAL versions were less taxing on the SNES' CPU so they had less slowdowns.
I did have all 3 versions of the console back in the day (NTSC-J, NTSC-U and PAL), but you are probably right, in that when I played SMW it would have more than likely been the PAL version.

rhester72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so the Yoshi's Island glitch - for someone who's never played the game in their life, how difficult is it to get to that level?

I'd like to test disabling the filter in the built-in emulator myself, since presumably nobody else has yet.

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
OK, so the Yoshi's Island glitch - for someone who's never played the game in their life, how difficult is it to get to that level?

I'd like to test disabling the filter in the built-in emulator myself, since presumably nobody else has yet.
Fairly easy, it’s on level 1-7 (touch fuzzy, get dizzy). I am curious as well about this, it’s actually not a major drawback imo. People should just play the games instead of worrying what digital foundry has to say about them. Yoshi’s Island is still miles better on the SNES Mini then on other emulators I’ve played the game on.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fairly easy, it’s on level 1-7 (touch fuzzy, get dizzy). I am curious as well about this, it’s actually not a major drawback imo. People should just play the games instead of worrying what digital foundry has to say about them. Yoshi’s Island is still miles better on the SNES Mini then on other emulators I’ve played the game on.

Snes9x and Higan emulate it just fine, Zsnes not so much lol.

Absolutely zero chance. It's an ARM processor running Android - doesn't get much more incompatible than that.

Linux, actually, not Android.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is 100% Android, busybox and all.

You surely do realize Android uses a customized Linux kernel, right? =)

Meh. Either way the source code is available for anyone to download. If people hate the emulator so much, they should just use RetroArch.

I can't help people got this for all the wrong reasons lol.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you play it on snes9x? It plays horrible on SNES9x with way more graphical glitches and horrible slowdowns

Really? It works fine for me on Snes9x 1.54. and on 1.55 wip. Not sure what version you're using.:rolleyes: Gonna be recording a video later to prove that it works fine. Sounds like you've been using Snes9x 1.51 or 1.52.

Who still uses ZSNES anymore? Absolutely imperfect emulation....

I've seen a few morons on YouTube comments who attest that it's perfect.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please do, record also the first castle with the falling bridges, graphics are all over the place in that level.

You never told me what Snes9x version you were using, what system, the audio settings. Snes9x 1.54.1 is second to Higan in terms of accuracy, so I don't know, but 1.55 is nearly out *shrug*.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Yes.