Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
While waiting for Hakchi2 for SNES I solved the problem of the annoying face cover... I know its locking pins will break someday so!

I inserted my 8bitdo retro receiver inside a clone of controller port 1 which is inside the console itself.

Pretty easy to do if you have a retro receiver for NES/SNES classic

see attach pictures!!

So you still have the original ports but added an extra one inside?

Reactions: The Frenchman

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
does this also work for SNES MINI? and if yes does this delete the warranty?

Yes its being worked on. You can retrieve the warranty from the recycle bin

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes, I didn't want to saccrifice a port. It's literally cloned, you could play two controllers as player 1 if you wanted.

Do you think a port from a 3rd party/chinese clone wiimote will work?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its so frustrating to know my system is set up but im having problems using the converter and header .py

I don't know what to suggest, might be easier to wait a few days?

Are there any tutorials? sorry, but I'm a complete noob :(

Not right now, well, there's one on Reddit, but it's not user-friendly.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Kumoashi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So we'll be able to put more than a hundred games. Cool!
As far as I can see, even when uncompressed, most combinations of SNES roms should let you put at least around 130 games onto the SNES Classic. If you compress them, you can of course add more.
As an example:
I have 137 SNES roms, that when uncompressed come to a total of 210MB. If the SNES Classic has about 250MB, then all of my roms should fit with 40MB to spare. If I compress those same roms, they then take up only 138MB, which would allow me to have plenty of space to add a few more if I want.
So I believe people will have no problem putting 100 or more games on there SNES Classic, in addition to the built-in 21, even if we are not able to compress them.

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes its being worked on. You can retrieve the warranty from the recycle bin

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do you think a port from a 3rd party/chinese clone wiimote will work?

Yes, all connectors are the same so they can all work with any classic controller or nunchuck. So a Chinese ripoff controller or an afterglow remote should work also. In mine I unsoldered the connector from a broken remote but you can just cut the remote's motherbord and solder on the 6 points there, it's only less practical.

You could definitely use only wires and break the retro receiver and solder every one of the required wires to it directly too.

Dogway

Trophies
XP
Country
Since I plugged the snes classic I've been looking for an answer about it through pages. I certainly dislike the included scanlines shader, being as simple as it gets, I was wondering if the NES classic got a way to apply any more advanced shader through retroarch module or something accounting the very limited hardware. I read about crt-pi and crt-royale but has anyone got those to work? Any video showing those?

Daddy Horror

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actully someone
should/wait.for_hakchi.py

No offense man.
im learning real fast i have the rom at the .gz point.with clear directions i think most savy people could do this as no one has posted direct instructions,which i think ill do after i get this one working

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actully someone

im learning real fast i have the rom at the .gz point.with clear directions i think most savy people could do this as no one has posted direct instructions,which i think ill do after i get this one working

Seeing a tutorial ready for those who are daring enough would be nice to have.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/