Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was busy with other projects but having some free time tonight. Let's create some simple save-state manager.

View attachment 83733
Please make it to where 30 games don't count against the memory bar like 2.14b. And to where you don't aggressively lose memory without even saving just by adding and trying and deleting games. Same with mods.

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Please make it to where 30 games don't count against the memory bar like 2.14b. And to where you don't aggressively lose memory without even saving just by adding and trying and deleting games. Same with mods.
If I will not count it as was in 2.14 it doesn't mean that your flash memory will expand for some magic reason.

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I will not count it as was in 2.14 it doesn't mean that your flash memory will expand for some magic reason.
Yes but for whatever reason the problems on 2.15 aren't on 2.14b. On 2.14b I found I have 295mb flashed and working that same setup will be 316mb flashed because of the 30 games and won't flash now. So it is way different

keithelmcity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While playing super mario 64 my screen cut in half When exited back to main menu it is still cut in half for all games and menu folders. Ever seen that ??? Any clue whats up ??

Beanmonger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about atari games.
First off, are atari 2600 games the only games that can be emulated? I heard of some people talking about others but I couldn't find the hmods.
Second, when I go to download Atari ROMs they come in .bin format, which isn't apparently recognized by hakchi. What format should I be finding them in?
Thanks!

HecklerJH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to revert the effects of this tool?
I didn't trust the Helping Hand to start and made a copy of my current games before compressing...just in case. Glad I did cause everything worked great except the NES games. I just resynced using my previous hakchi folder and deleted the helping hand compressed hakchi folder.

DR1001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't trust the Helping Hand to start and made a copy of my current games before compressing...just in case. Glad I did cause everything worked great except the NES games. I just resynced using my previous hakchi folder and deleted the helping hand compressed hakchi folder.
I did some major cutting and pasting into command line arguments section of hakchi after using this app/mod because none of my NES worked either. Painful I know, but I only had about 270 NES roms on my mini. Anyway it did save about 30MB by compressing the games.

bigjdoberman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was busy with other projects but having some free time tonight. Let's create some simple save-state manager.

View attachment 83733

Cluster can you maybe add a option in one of your future upgrades to not have ANY save states.. sure this will help gaining a bit more space etc.. I can't be the only person who doesn't care about saving games. I never have or will save a game.. I just like to jump on my mini and enjoy a hour or so playing with friends.

Bigjdobeman

Reactions: youngtune27

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cluster can you maybe add a option in one of your future upgrades to not have ANY save states.. sure this will help gaining a bit more space etc.. I can't be the only person who doesn't care about saving games. I never have or will save a game.. I just like to jump on my mini and enjoy a hour or so playing with friends.

Bigjdobeman
I would love this option

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I did some major cutting and pasting into command line arguments section of hakchi after using this app/mod because none of my NES worked either. Painful I know, but I only had about 270 NES roms on my mini. Anyway it did save about 30MB by compressing the games.
That doesn't sound very user friendly

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Seems like it's working...

upload_2017-4-10_6-7-33.png

It will help to free some space. Also need to create some simple file manager.

Yes but for whatever reason the problems on 2.15 aren't on 2.14b. On 2.14b I found I have 295mb flashed and working that same setup will be 316mb flashed because of the 30 games and won't flash now. So it is way different
It calculates real free space and allows to write "current free space" + "installed games" - "10 megabytes reverved". If you can write only 295mb it means that you have only 305mb free on nandc. It's dangerous to write more.

Bigjdobeman
But why you can't just do not create save-states? :huh:

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

View attachment 83737

It will help to free some space. Also need to create some simple file manager.

It calculates real free space and allows to write "current free space" + "installed games" - "10 megabytes reverved". If you can write only 295mb it means that you have only 305mb free on nandc. It's dangerous to write more.

But why you can't just do not create save-states? :huh:
Easier to just click an option in hakchi. Enable saves for all games or disables saves for all games, also all im saying is if it flashes in one hakchi then the same setup should be able to flash on the next one.

Last edited by youngtune27,

saxman717

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks for the insight, @Cluster --- does this mean that Hakchi2 versions prior to 2.15 didn't quite accurately calculate memory consumption from hakchi2, its associated modules, and games? Is whatever is output as the current limit in 2.15 accurate and best to adhere to in order to ensure stability for the system?

FETKun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just snagged an NES mini this week and of course modded the heck out of it. I picked up TWO 8bitdo retro receivers, so that I could use my existing controllers, such as my Wii U Pro controller and my Switch pro controller. However, updating the firmware on them to give Switch controller support, the receivers will not light up when plugged into the NEW mini. They act as if they're dead. I can sync them back up onto my PC, but I have to revert them back to v1.05 beta to restore normal functionality.

I searched around for answers, but no luck... so here I am! Anyone know what the problem is?

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Thanks for the insight, @Cluster --- does this mean that Hakchi2 versions prior to 2.15 didn't quite accurately calculate memory consumption from hakchi2, its associated modules, and games? Is whatever is output as the current limit in 2.15 accurate and best to adhere to in order to ensure stability for the system?
Yes, before "clovershell era" there was not way to check actual free memory space, so it showed 300MB as average value.

Reactions: saxman717

psx10k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone know/have a setup for retroarch game specific configuration to work with the NES zapper? I read that Zapper (and Powerpad) support is present in FCE, but unsure if in retroarch-clover. It would be great to setup games like Gumshoe and Athletic Sports to automatically use the correct input config (and not affect other games).

If anyone has this working and/or knows more about retroarch configuration:
- does retroarch.cfg need to be copied into the game folder (that hakchi2 uploads), and renamed to [GameName].[Extension].cfg? If the extension is 7z (with a .net inside), should it be [GameName].7z.cfg or [GameName].nes.cfg?
- what config values are required in th game cfg to enable Zapper (and powerpad) support?

vegaskid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you make it work I have duck hunt arcade as a nes file you can ad it like use controller to move the target to shoot the ducks then I'll post the game.

Reactions: SpongeDan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: