Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by Cluster, Jan 7, 2017.

1. shadowfax1007

shadowfax1007 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2009
    correct. I've tried both cores with the latest release, audio is sped up.

heygravity likes this.
  2. sideswipe75

sideswipe75 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2017
    Malaysia
    hi, need tip on configuring 3rd button for playing sega MD.

i've fiddled with the RGUI under MD/genesis core but cant get 3rd button to work. need tips e.g. is it better to configure it in RA's input options or core controller options, etc. I tried configuring select button as C under controller options and for some reason it messed up the game start function and i couldn't even get in the game (had to reset setting by reflashing).

i'm using famicom mini's builtin controls.

3. AndyVr

AndyVr GBAtemp Regular

Mar 1, 2017
    Belgium
    The problem is there are just multiple ways to use cores and that makes it hard to
    Like i said, you have hmod files and hmod folders, the folders you can more tweak like the files. The one i send you works fine for me. Just install again because it seem that it whas installed incorrectly. ;)

4. GRYPHINKING

GRYPHINKING Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2017
    United States
    Anybody get N64 games to run smoothly or save-state? I'm running the Glupen64 core, the games run fine until 2 minutes in then usually crash back to the menu.

5. AndyVr

AndyVr GBAtemp Regular

Mar 1, 2017
    Belgium
  6. ByteThis

ByteThis GBAtemp Fan

Feb 23, 2017
    Canada
    Anybody get Metal Slug X to load ? Tried a few times and Hakchi keeps saying the game is too big.Trying to replace Metal Slug 2 as I played it and it crashed..froze the screen and had to reboot.

7. AndyVr

AndyVr GBAtemp Regular

Mar 1, 2017
    Belgium
    Wich Neogeo core u using ? MAME2003, FBA, ...?

8. Tom780

Tom780 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2017
    Italy
    Where you download the icons of cartridges for nes?

9. AndyVr

AndyVr GBAtemp Regular

Mar 1, 2017
    Belgium
  10. ByteThis

ByteThis GBAtemp Fan

Feb 23, 2017
    Canada
    @AndyVr

I am using Mame2003. I have Metal Slug 1 installed and works great..2 I read is unstable, so wanted to install X as it is almost comparable to 2.

Last edited by ByteThis, Mar 9, 2017
  11. Tom780

Tom780 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2017
    Italy
  12. omega man

omega man Advanced Member

Mar 29, 2003
    Im not sure how to configure the classic wii pad for snes games ie Street Fighter 2 any help would be appreciated.

13. budmonster

budmonster Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    Yeah I used the official cable?

14. AndyVr

AndyVr GBAtemp Regular

Mar 1, 2017
    Belgium
    Did you installed the driver using Zagi ?

15. DR1001

DR1001 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 26, 2017
    Canada
    Where does one find the 'extra cores' that aren't in the retro arch made my pcm?

Looking for mame2000 core.

Have been on the retroarch-clover github but cant find them anywhere. I have the mame2003 core, but I can't recall where I got it from...haha!:wacko:

EDIT: Disregard. Found them on PCM's GitHub. Guess they were taken down for a second.

Last edited by DR1001, Mar 9, 2017
  16. LuckY07

LuckY07 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 6, 2017
    United States
    I just setup Metal Slug 1 and 2 (MAME2003) and it appears to run great. I created 2 Neo Geo folders (NG1 and NG2) and put the Metal Slugs in different folders along with 1 other game each.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Same question I have. I setup MAME2003 yesterday and wanted to play Outrun and I somehow got button 1 and 2 set (using Left and Right trigger) by hitting "Y" on the Wii classic, then a little symbol "<" appeared and I was able to push the Right/Left trigger to set it.

I couldn't seem to set button 3 and button 4 though.. I wanted to set them to the Wii Y and the Wii X buttons respectively. How do I do that? Any guides on how to
    map the buttons using a Wii classic?

AndyVr likes this.
  17. NESjimbo

NESjimbo GBAtemp Fan

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    You're using the MAME2003 core for Metal Slug? I'm using Neo Geo core, and they run fine.

18. LuckY07

LuckY07 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 6, 2017
    United States
    I'm using MAME2003 hmod and the neogeo BIOS. I think the Neo Geo Bios is FOR the MAME2003 core. Does anyone know what the relationship the BIOS (neogeo.zip) had to the core (MAME2003)? Whyd oy ou need both?

I tried Metal Slug using this setup and it works.. but I'm confused how it runs through the MAME2003 and neogeo BIOS.

Last edited by LuckY07, Mar 9, 2017
  19. erolz

erolz GBAtemp Fan

Jul 22, 2008
    Belgium
    Ok cool. I have bought the 8bitdo Retro Receiver for NES Classic and the 8bitdo SFC30 controller. Updated both with the firmware aboven. paired the controller with succes and set al controller settings in the RetroArch menu.
    Seems like everything is working fine except Super Mario World SNES... there is a bit of delay when I press a button (lag). Is there anything I can do to minimize it?

20. LuckY07

LuckY07 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 6, 2017
    United States
    How did you set the controller settings in the RA menu? What's the process of mapping a button (lets say I want button 1 mapped to button "Y" on my Wii classic)

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted