Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

nesclassicfan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys,

I have a question I'd really like to ask. I purchased an nes classic with 680 games, and it comes with the reset function from the controller, as well as a turbo fire. To enable turbo fire, you have to simultaneously hold and press the select button and the button (a or b ) that you want to become turbo enabled.

I don't like this turbo mod and would like it removed completely or modified. Does anyone have any good suggestion on how I can do that, without having everything (games) reinstalled?

thanks

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys,

I have a question I'd really like to ask. I purchased an nes classic with 680 games, and it comes with the reset function from the controller, as well as a turbo fire. To enable turbo fire, you have to simultaneously hold and press the select button and the button (a or b ) that you want to become turbo enabled.

I don't like this turbo mod and would like it removed completely or modified. Does anyone have any good suggestion on how I can do that, without having everything (games) reinstalled?

thanks
Why remove that feature? Just don't hit Select+A or Select+B and you won't know it's there. It is occasionally useful.

You could try downloading latest version of Hakchi 2.13e. But since you don't have the original kernel, I don't know how Hakchi will respond once you open it. But assuming you can load Hakchi properly, you just need to make the change in the menu of Hakchi and re-flash the kernel to remove turbo. It should not affect the games you have pre-installed.

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys,

thanks
Since you bought from someone else, their hakchi on their computer has your 680 games. You don't have them on yours. You can't fix it unless you want to start over and do it yourself. Otherwise that person who sold you it could change it for you if they are nice.

Kobe46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Appreciate the post, but I don't have an 8bitdo controller. I meant just for the regular Wii classic.. How to map just regular buttons (MAME2003 games for example).

Like if I wanted button 1 to be the Wii classic's X button for example...

EDIT: I found some instructions on reddit >

If you change RetroArch's button assignments in relation to your controller, it will screw up your controls you'll be using to navigate RetroArch.

You should first make sure in RetroArch, the labels on the controller match what you want them to be universally. If RetroArch says "A", make "A" your "A". Make "Start" your "start". This is in the screen where you can bind the button commands by pressing what button you want to assign.

Then go to the Controls options (I believe within Quick Menu, not sure). In this screen, you change the button assignments by scrolling left and right, not by binding as above. Here you change the RetroArch assignment relative to the game or core you are using.

So you set RetroArch's "Start" button as your physical "start" button, so now you are changing the value associated with RetroArch's "start"...not changing what is assigned to the controller. Here, you can change the settings and save them to the Core for all Genesis games, or save it as game specific.

So to sum it up....make things match up in the screen where you can bind controls, then change what Genesis command is assigned to what button in the screen where you change settings by going left/right.
====
So this clarifies the "binding" versus "setting a button" for starters. It also shows how to change the buttons. I'll be trying this tonight. Hope this helps someone else.

Correct. In main menu of RetroArch > Settings > Input Section is for RetroArch navigation. Specifically for the 8bitdo, you have to manually map the D-Pad due to the firmware on the receiver mapping the D-Pad to Analog controls.

If you wish to edit games so that they do function with the controls, this would be done in the Quick Menu > Controls as Lucky07 posted.

Reactions: omega man

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I also have metal slug 1 and 2 in 2 separate main folders. But I'm not using mame core and I just played 2 a little and it didn't freeze.

We played alot..more than 1/2 way through the game..almost done..lol

Using mame core..myself wont load fb_alpha neo core as I said above..metal slug X is 28mb...the core is 28mb....mame core is what I want to work...28 mb seems too much for games..go figure..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Same thing with Metal Slug X, wouldn't copy because file was too big. I added Zelda: OOT uncompressed before (32MB) with no trouble.

Go figure..I was gonna add Metal Slug 3..maybe..lol...was 77mbs..haha

Last edited by ByteThis,

GRYPHINKING

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've gotten two games (Mario and Kirby) to work flawlessly. The save states don't work but the in game save does, so it's fine. Has anyone gotten Ocarina of Time to save? It runs just fine for me but saving doesn't seem to do anything.

Ok, that's similar to my experience. I've noticed for Super Mario 64 the in-game save works, but resets each time I turn the console off.

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We played alot..more than 1/2 way through the game..almost done..lol

Using mame core..myself wont load fb_alpha neo core as I said above..metal slug X is 28mb...the core is 28mb....mame core is what I want to work...28 mb seems too much for games..go figure..

Go figure..I was gonna add Metal Slug 3..maybe..lol...was 77mbs..haha
I use fbalphaneo. I'm trying fbalpha2012neo right now tho. Both seem similar

DR1001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well decided tonight to play the god damn thing rather than tinker/mod it....hahaha......

Anyhow, have read on here that some are having the ocassional C8 followed by C2 error. I got that tonight as well. No harm done. Was in folders, playing games, in a different folder, different consoles, and then after about an hour C8 error. Power off, C2 error, switch back to english language setting and then back playing again. Not a big deal, but hopefully addressed possibly in next version of hakchi.

nespas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I somewhat got hakchi to work again although I still get the temp\kernel path error randomly.

My question is: among the Neo Geo games I want to try, View Point works fine. But I can't get Magical Drop and Pulstar to work. When I run them, I get a black screen for a few seconds and then come back to main NES menu.
Do I have incorrect roms (arcade / home) or are those games non working ? I'm using fbalpha2012. Could not get other NeoGeo core working but I could have done something bad.

Thanks.

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed 298MB worth of ROMs, and my NESC was pretty unhappy. The titles were all messed up with symbols and numbers missing. Then I got a C8 error which remained permanently even after unplugging. I removed some ROMs, and got it down to 250MB, and reflashed it. Eventually got a C8 and then C2 error, but it has worked fine since.

EleonoraYumizuru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I somewhat got hakchi to work again although I still get the temp\kernel path error randomly.

My question is: among the Neo Geo games I want to try, View Point works fine. But I can't get Magical Drop and Pulstar to work. When I run them, I get a black screen for a few seconds and then come back to main NES menu.
Do I have incorrect roms (arcade / home) or are those games non working ? I'm using fbalpha2012. Could not get other NeoGeo core working but I could have done something bad.

Thanks.
Probably a bad rom, I had the same problem with Cyber-Lip that I got from a certain paradise and didn't work. Try another one.

LuckY07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct. In main menu of RetroArch > Settings > Input Section is for RetroArch navigation. Specifically for the 8bitdo, you have to manually map the D-Pad due to the firmware on the receiver mapping the D-Pad to Analog controls.

If you wish to edit games so that they do function with the controls, this would be done in the Quick Menu > Controls as Lucky07 posted.

I finally got MAME2003 games mapped and it was not how people here showed me.

Outrun for example, I loaded the game first and then hit R2 (on Wii classic) to bring up the RA menu. From there I went to 'input controls (by game)', then
I went to the button I wanted to change (button 1 for example). After I was on the row with the button I wanted to change I had to click "Y" on my Wii classic
which changed the prompt.. then I had to hit the button I wanted.. for example Right Trigger (I pressed that once).. then the setting usually took but I had
to wait a second or two for it to show up.

Not very straight forward at all, surprised others haven't posted more about this. Using the D-Pad (left and right) did nothing for me to change the button values.

Well decided tonight to play the god damn thing rather than tinker/mod it....hahaha......

Anyhow, have read on here that some are having the ocassional C8 followed by C2 error. I got that tonight as well. No harm done. Was in folders, playing games, in a different folder, different consoles, and then after about an hour C8 error. Power off, C2 error, switch back to english language setting and then back playing again. Not a big deal, but hopefully addressed possibly in next version of hakchi.

If it only happens once I wouldn't worry about it. I got that too, and read it's normal to some extent and then doesn't happen again. Let us know if it comes back.

Kire94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The driver wont load help! It says this on the consol

Attachments

• IMG_9523.JPG
    IMG_9523.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 204

LuckY07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really loving MAME2003, I appreciate everyone here and all the help you guys have given me. There's definately a learning curve but this is really fun stuff!

I loaded TMNT 2 (MAME2003) and I now see what everyone was talking about in regards to the 2-player version being needed. I want to "pack" a 2-player version of
some games (MAME2003), but I want to make sure I'm doing the process right.

How are you guys packing the 2-player "zip" files of MAME games?

I found this answer here, but some conflicting reports on whether it works:

"You need to find and download the "child" ROM to add it to the "parent" ROM.

The parent ROM is the 4-player World version called tmnt.zip. Find the 2-player variant, which is the Oceania 2-player file, called tmnt2po.zip. Extract both zip folders. Re-zip all the files together into a new zip, and name that tmnt2po.zip. Then add to Hakchi, and you'll have the 2-player version. You follow the same process with any other 4-player game that has a 2-player variant. I've done that with TMNT, The Simpsons, and Sunset Riders all successfully.

Be sure the name of the new ZIP folder is the same as the "child" ROM that is the 2-player version. If you keep the original name (as in tmnt.zip), MAME will not recognize the new files, and it will be 4 player."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @SylverReZ hello.