Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

S-GUNN-99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please provide the link to the latest snes9x2010 with the disabled save states. I've been looking but can't find it, thanks.

DR1001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I finally got MAME2003 games mapped and it was not how people here showed me.

Outrun for example, I loaded the game first and then hit R2 (on Wii classic) to bring up the RA menu. From there I went to 'input controls (by game)', then
I went to the button I wanted to change (button 1 for example). After I was on the row with the button I wanted to change I had to click "Y" on my Wii classic
which changed the prompt.. then I had to hit the button I wanted.. for example Right Trigger (I pressed that once).. then the setting usually took but I had
to wait a second or two for it to show up.

Not very straight forward at all, surprised others haven't posted more about this. Using the D-Pad (left and right) did nothing for me to change the button values.

I have a myarcade wireless pro gamepad. It has been unreal right out of the box. When playing mame roms, I hit R2 to bring up said menu. Then I go to input controls (by game) and I hit the A button when I want to change a button. It then gives me a blank space. I hit the button I want it to correspond to and it changes it.

The only problem is that when the NES is shut off. All those settings refresh the next time you turn it on.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If it only happens once I wouldn't worry about it. I got that too, and read it's normal to some extent and then doesn't happen again. Let us know if it comes back.

Will do.

Reactions: LuckY07

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please provide the link to the latest snes9x2010 with the disabled save states. I've been looking but can't find it, thanks.
It's part of the latest release here: https://github.com/pcm720/retroarch-clover/releases

Really loving MAME2003, I appreciate everyone here and all the help you guys have given me. There's definately a learning curve but this is really fun stuff!

I loaded TMNT 2 (MAME2003) and I now see what everyone was talking about in regards to the 2-player version being needed. I want to "pack" a 2-player version of
some games (MAME2003), but I want to make sure I'm doing the process right.

How are you guys packing the 2-player "zip" files of MAME games?

I found this answer here, but some conflicting reports on whether it works:

"You need to find and download the "child" ROM to add it to the "parent" ROM.

The parent ROM is the 4-player World version called tmnt.zip. Find the 2-player variant, which is the Oceania 2-player file, called tmnt2po.zip. Extract both zip folders. Re-zip all the files together into a new zip, and name that tmnt2po.zip. Then add to Hakchi, and you'll have the 2-player version. You follow the same process with any other 4-player game that has a 2-player variant. I've done that with TMNT, The Simpsons, and Sunset Riders all successfully.

Be sure the name of the new ZIP folder is the same as the "child" ROM that is the 2-player version. If you keep the original name (as in tmnt.zip), MAME will not recognize the new files, and it will be 4 player."

It works. Download tmnt.zip and download tmnt2po.zip. Extract both folders. Re-pack all the contents into new zip also called tmnt2po.zip. Import that new zip into hakchi, and set the command line to mame2003. Then you can now enjoy playing as Mikey, Raph or Don.

Reactions: AndyVr and LuckY07

S-GUNN-99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's part of the latest release here: https://github.com/pcm720/retroarch-clover/releases

It works. Download tmnt.zip and download tmnt2po.zip. Extract both folders. Re-pack all the contents into new zip also called tmnt2po.zip. Import that new zip into hakchi, and set the command line to mame2003. Then you can now enjoy playing as Mikey, Raph or Don.

Thanks!!!

LuckY07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I read from a user here (sromeroi) that he got TMNT to work like this, but when he tried Sunset Riders it didn't. I plan on testing/playing a bunch of MAME2003 stuff so I wanted to make
sure I was doing it correct.

Kire94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 391

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

To get tmnt arcades working and simpsons arcade what bios or added files do I need?

Xpike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I keep having an issue where after finishing level 1 of Star Fox 64 it crashes me back to the main menu, is this normal?

LuckY07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any good sites to get arcade game cover art?

I was watching this video and I noticed he had all the arcade cover art. I searched but can't seem to find a good site with it.

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For tmnt and simpsons or just tmnt? And just tmnt1 or tmnt2 as well?
For TMNT, Simpsons, and Sunset Riders. I haven't tried TMNT2, as I prefer the SNES version. That one already comes 2-player. :)

The trick is naming the combined ZIP the same as the "child" ROM zip, otherwise MAME will recognize it as the 4-player version.

Any good sites to get arcade game cover art?

I was watching this video and I noticed he had all the arcade cover art. I searched but can't seem to find a good site with it.

I've had good luck getting them from Google Images. Typing in "[Game] arcade flyer" usually nets good results.

Last edited by NESjimbo,

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For TMNT, Simpsons, and Sunset Riders. I haven't tried TMNT2, as I prefer the SNES version. That one already comes 2-player. :)

I've had good luck getting them from Google Images. Typing in "[Game] arcade flyer" usually nets good results.
Okay thanks bro I should be able to do it easy then. I like snes version too. I love all tmnt games! That's why I wanted to get them. And simpsons arcade is sweet. I never played sunset riders tho. Heard it's sweet. Are you able to have them in same folder?

Last edited by youngtune27,

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay thanks bro I should be able to do it easy then. I like snes version too. I love all tmnt games! That's why I wanted to get them. And simpsons arcade is sweet. I never played sunset riders tho. Heard it's sweet
I added a last second edit. Make sure you keep the zip folder name consistent (give it the child ROM name).

Sunset Riders is very fun. Initially I had the SNES version, but the arcade is uncensored and with better graphics.

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I added a last second edit. Make sure you keep the zip folder name consistent (give it the child ROM name).

Sunset Riders is very fun. Initially I had the SNES version, but the arcade is uncensored and with better graphics.
What do you mean the child rom name. Like simpsons 2 player and 4 player. Do I put 4 player into 2 player or vice versa and same with tmnt. Which one is child and which one is parent anyways

Last edited by youngtune27,

LuckY07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah I agree, I read about some of the differences and the arcade version sounds way more appealing.. they removed alcohol, scantily dressed women, the ability to shoot the wheel out on a buggy to destroy it, sounds, and a bunch of other stuff in the console version..

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean the child rom name. Like simpsons 2 player and 4 player. Do I put 4 player into 2 player or vice versa and same with tmnt. Which one is child and which one is parent anyways
The parent ROM is tmnt.zip. The child ROM is tmnt2po.zip. Name the combined zip tmnt2po.zip. I'm assuming MAME recognizes the ROM based on its filename, and knows how to run it.

You'll know what a parent ROM is because it is larger and can run on its own. Child ROMs are smaller, and do not run by themselves.

Last edited by NESjimbo,
Reactions: youngtune27

LuckY07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You can see the full MAME2003 ROM list here > https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet..._0ZuvRVEMqlfQyTVetnOJvuJc/edit#gid=1744967714
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet..._0ZuvRVEMqlfQyTVetnOJvuJc/edit#gid=1744967714
There's a column called "parent" which specifies the parent ROM for every 2-player game. For example, TMNT2 2-player is called "tmnt2po" in the "file name" column.

So what you do is you unzip BOTH the parent and the child ROMS, and unzip them into a folder.. but make sure you name them according to the child rom. So in this
case you would unzip both tmnt2po.zip & tmnt2.zip and put them into a new folder. Then zip up all of those files and save it as the child rom "tmnt2po.zip".

You should then be able to load the game into Hakchi and setup the art and command line to get it working.

Reactions: youngtune27

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: we are fucked