Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

DR1001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can you put MAME roms into new version (2.12) I recall seeing all the mods that are packaged in RA but for the life of me can't find the page they are on in this forum.

Has anyone tried any MAME roms? Do they run well?

Thanks.

anth0ny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a space limit, yes. Keep your kernel upload ~300mb.
that isnt the issue i dont think. Isn't the kernal you "temp" folder? My temp folder is only 156MB. The issue is how the kernel is chunked up when it goes to the mini. I get all the way to the end of the process and RED LIGHT. sucks.

pcm720

Trophies
Website
pcm720.me
XP
Country
Russia
thanks @pcm720 so this will also do the same effect as the hmod i've released with some changes on the config file, removes image smoothing? Just asking because i prefer to use yours :P

I've changed retroarch.cfg (video_smooth = "false") and retroarch-watchdog (smooth=false), so it won't re-enable filtering every time you launch a NES game.

Could you make one with mGBA as the GBA emulator? The one Cluster used is crap.

I'll test mGBA core later (it's 4AM here). If it works fine, I'll add it as a main GBA core.

Last edited by pcm720,
Reactions: nesito

Boognish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you put MAME roms into new version (2.12) I recall seeing all the mods that are packaged in RA but for the life of me can't find the page they are on in this forum.

Has anyone tried any MAME roms? Do they run well?

Thanks.

there isnt even a roms folder in 2.12.. or i cant find it

yea i would love to play some FBA games like 2.11

jphriendly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that isnt the issue i dont think. Isn't the kernal you "temp" folder? My temp folder is only 156MB. The issue is how the kernel is chunked up when it goes to the mini. I get all the way to the end of the process and RED LIGHT. sucks.
Interesting. I'd suggest starting slow and working your way up. Process of elimination. I just had my first "directory not empty" error while uploading. Just gotta change a few things and try again. :)

Reyn_the_Insane

Mega Man Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've changed retroarch.cfg (video_smooth = "false") and retroarch-watchdog (smooth=false), so it won't re-enable filtering every time you launch a NES game.

I'll test mGBA core later (it's 4AM here). If it works fine, I'll add it as a main GBA core.
I've tested mGBA (before 2.12) and it works like a charm.

jeanfag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire

btw you should put picodrive instead of genesis plus gx

ultrazonerc

Trophies
XP
Country
How is everyone finding a huge library of games? Whispers around the forums suggest that systems with 600 or so NES games on it are encountering issues once there are quite a few save states made (and thus meaning no new states can be made). Just trying to figure out the best quantity of games while still leaving enough space for heaps of save states on each game.

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Trying to make sure I'm reading this correctly... Every time I launch an NES game (using the version @djovelha created), it will reset the smoothing effect when I go to launch an SNES game? Does your version remove the smoothing from all three stock display settings?

DR1001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Where do you find the 'temp" folder? I can't find it anywhere in my Hakchi folder anywhere. Would like to see how much I have in terms of MB left.

jeanfag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
where are the cores located now?
I am trying to add fba and psx
hakchi2\user_mods\retroarch.hmod\etc\libretro\core, download the source code and put the folder "retroarch.hmod" because is the only one that you can edit, btw you don't need to compile it just the folder and then re install it

HecklerJH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've made some changes to Cluster's RetroArch module since default settings were not quite to my liking.
If someone needs it, it's available on GitHub

Here are all the changes:
  • Added Stella core for Atari 2600 emulation
  • System dir is now '~/system'
  • Core info dir is now '~/info', also added info files. They're really useful if you use RetroArch's GUI.
  • RGUI default browser dir is now '/usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi' instead of '/'
  • Disabled bilinear filtering for every preset
  • Enabled integer scaling
  • Greyscale palette for Gambatte core

Thank you!

jphriendly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where do you find the 'temp" folder? I can't find it anywhere in my Hakchi folder anywhere. Would like to see how much I have in terms of MB left.
It's created when you start your sync and deleted after. Just check the folder properties while it's uploading.

CalamityRaven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
where are the cores located now?
I am trying to add fba and psx
Inside that retroarch.hmod file

You're better off extracting it (twice if using 7zip) and put all the files and folders into a retroarch.hmod folder that works exactly the same as the archive, only now you can manipulate the files.

Cores are in retroarch.hmod\etc\libretro\core and the bash scripts for launching are in retroarch.hmod\bin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7