Hacking Had to replace 3DSXL... Transferring Emunand?

lelek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently totaled my 3DSXL and had it replaced with a new one. I'm able to use the Gateway if I format emunand and start over, but is there anyway for me to transfer my old emunand to the new console?

I have everything backed up including the emuNAND.bin file and all the old saves/folders. I've tried injecting the old emuNAND file into the new one and copying all my files over but it just gave me a black screen when I tried booting into Gateway mode. The 3DSXL is currently on 4.5 firmware.

lelek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The emunand partition is unique to the console so I'm afraid you're out of luck on this one.

Damn. If I exported my .cia saves using savedatafiler before getting the new console would I be able to inject those back in if I reinstall everything?

What about the rom saves?

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah - Not sure how "trashed" your old system is, but you can do what MrJason mentioned and do a sys transfer between the emunands to get your data back.

lelek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks everyone in this thread. The old system's touch screen stopped working, so I wasn't able to system transfer (for the sole reason you can't navigate those menus with the dpad...)

Anyways, I reinstalled all my .cias to the best of my ability and imported my saves. Now I just need to somehow get Nintendo to unlink my NNID!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D