Had to replace 3DSXL... Transferring Emunand?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by lelek, Feb 16, 2015.

1. lelek
    OP

lelek Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    I recently totaled my 3DSXL and had it replaced with a new one. I'm able to use the Gateway if I format emunand and start over, but is there anyway for me to transfer my old emunand to the new console?

I have everything backed up including the emuNAND.bin file and all the old saves/folders. I've tried injecting the old emuNAND file into the new one and copying all my files over but it just gave me a black screen when I tried booting into Gateway mode. The 3DSXL is currently on 4.5 firmware.

2. guitarheroknight

guitarheroknight 1.6180339887

Nov 9, 2014
    Croatia
    Grand Line
    The emunand partition is unique to the console so I'm afraid you're out of luck on this one.

3. lelek
    OP

lelek Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Damn. If I exported my .cia saves using savedatafiler before getting the new console would I be able to inject those back in if I reinstall everything?

What about the rom saves?

4. illicit

illicit GBAtemp Regular

Sep 28, 2010
    United States
    the saves should work still, just pop them in the correct folders

5. guitarheroknight

guitarheroknight 1.6180339887

Nov 9, 2014
    Croatia
    Grand Line
    I don't use ROM's so I wouldn't know. It's a good thing you backed up your saves, install the game and inject the save and you should be good to go ;)

6. MrJason005

MrJason005 √2

Nov 26, 2014
    Greece
    Κάπου
    if you had your old 3ds you could do a system transfer between 2 emuNANDs

7. Maximilious

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    Yeah - Not sure how "trashed" your old system is, but you can do what MrJason mentioned and do a sys transfer between the emunands to get your data back.

8. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    if you backed up all your saves with SDF you can just re-install with sdf again them once you set up a new emunand

9. lelek
    OP

lelek Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Thanks everyone in this thread. The old system's touch screen stopped working, so I wasn't able to system transfer (for the sole reason you can't navigate those menus with the dpad...)

Anyways, I reinstalled all my .cias to the best of my ability and imported my saves. Now I just need to somehow get Nintendo to unlink my NNID!

10. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013