Hacking hackmii warning to pirates

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The site's not even loading for me at the moment but it's a reasonable request on their part from what you said in your post.

EDIT: Finally loaded. As I'd guessed, it has to do with the HomebreWare and related projects. Copypasta time:

QUOTE said:
March 2nd, 2009 by marcan · Comments Off

Yeah, I know, like I have a chance, haha.

Anyway, if you’re one of those people who are happily bundling The Homebrew Channel, Twilight Hack, warez launchers, and a whole bunch of illegal wads and IOSes, would you please stop including our stuff? You know, because our scammer friends love to link to your downloads as part of their “product”. Like homebrewinstaller, who is selling links to DJTaz’s warez launcher pack hosted on his personal pages at iol.ie. The file named 002fixGammaLoader.zip.

I know I’m not going to stop any of you guys from using our hacks to pirate games, but at least have the decency to not distribute our (OMG free!) apps and unknowingly help the scammers. It’s bad enough dealing with the stuff that they put out and host.

Edit: Thanks to DJTaz for removing the file. I apologize for the somewhat strong wording; these scammers don’t exactly make me feel happy.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
jacklaidlaw said:
looks like they ain't happy with pirates they want all packs with their software deleted so maybe just link to their stuff?

http://hackmii.com/2009/03/would-the-pirat...g-our-software/
hey they are right , if scammers make money by linking to our installers, apps, and codes well screw them , and from my side thanks to my buddy DJTaz for removing the link to his installer , and long live the scene ( with out scammers ) peace all
wink.gif

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
trancepara said:
Valgreen said:
hmm... and i thought the TP hack was under GPL... apparently i must be mistaken...

I might be mistaken but it sounds like you didn't even take a read on what it was about.

if its GPL then they can not complain about other people using there software.....

so no, im not mistaken.. you read up on what GPL is...

jacklaidlaw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Valgreen said:
trancepara said:
Valgreen said:
hmm... and i thought the TP hack was under GPL... apparently i must be mistaken...

I might be mistaken but it sounds like you didn't even take a read on what it was about.

if its GPL then they can not complain about other people using there software.....

they can complain if they want its just not legally binding they are ASKING people to stop putting it in packs and when you get something for nothing you should do what they ask its only fair because if they get pissed off they might refuse to update their software

trancepara

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They are not complaining about other people using their software.

They are complaining about scammer sites trying to make a quick buck by linking to premade packs on /other/ people filehosts. :/

They could care less who actually uses the twilight hack and for what...

EDIT: took too long to post this lol

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jacklaidlaw said:
Valgreen said:
trancepara said:
Valgreen said:

they can complain if they want its just not legally binding they are ASKING people to stop putting it in packs and when you get something for nothing you should do what they ask its only fair because if they get pissed off they might refuse to update their software

*sigh* all im saying is that if they put out the tp hack under G fucking PL then they would have no right to argue against people including it in software packs. I HAVE NO F'IN IDEA if its under GPL or not. if YOU do not know what GPL is then google IT!! and yes, they do have a right to request people to pull it from there software packs.

please, flame me with dignity and intelligence...im sick of idiots responding back with no f'in clue...fuck it, might as well go back to IRC where people are somewhat civilized

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
this is not licensed under GPL, so your argue/debate fail before it can even start
source is not public and distribution is unauthorized without author agreement, period

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country

jacklaidlaw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
linkinworm said:
jacklaidlaw said:
looks like they ain't happy with pirates they want all packs with their software deleted so maybe just link to their stuff?

http://hackmii.com/2009/03/would-the-pirat...g-our-software/
its not to do with pirates, its because of people selling there apps which are free, there mad at freeloaders not pirates on this occation

yeah i know who they are mad at but its a warning to people making packs and these packs generally are for pirates but i could have worded it better

GrandMasterJimmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Valgreen said:
jacklaidlaw said:
Valgreen said:
trancepara said:
Valgreen said:

*sigh* all im saying is that if they put out the tp hack under G fucking PL then they would have no right to argue against people including it in software packs. I HAVE NO F'IN IDEA if its under GPL or not. if YOU do not know what GPL is then google IT!! and yes, they do have a right to request people to pull it from there software packs.

please, flame me with dignity and intelligence...im sick of idiots responding back with no f'in clue...fuck it, might as well go back to IRC where people are somewhat civilized

Dumbfuck. You can't sell something that is GPL'd. That's what they are pissed off about. Plus it isn't under the GPL anyway.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
GrandMasterJimmy said:
Dumbfuck. You can't sell something that is GPL'd. That's what they are pissed off about. Plus it isn't under the GPL anyway.
gpl doesn't stop you from selling gpl licenced stuff (e.g. linux distris), but you have to provide full source.

never the less TP-HACK IS NOT LICENSED UNDER GPL! NO SOURCE IS AVAILABLE AND IT'S NOT ALLOWED TO REDISTRIBUTE IT WITHOUT PERMISSION OF THE CREATORS!

plain and simple the same thing Jacobeian already said:

Jacobeian said:
this is not licensed under GPL, so your argue/debate fail before it can even start
source is not public and distribution is unauthorized without author agreement, period

kamo said:
QUOTE(GrandMasterJimmy @ Mar 3 2009, 01:57 PM)

Sure you can
couldn't have said it in a better way.

dottor_male

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
kamo said:
GrandMasterJimmy said:

Sure you can

Granted, but they don't want their software to be sold in illegal packages.
And, thanks to the Authors' rights law, at least in Italy, they can block the selling, because they have created the software.
Even if they sold the source, put under GPL or whatever, they CAN put limits on the use of the software.

An example: You create a software that is able to autopilot a plane. Your company want to sell it to the Airforce. If you want, you can state that your software should NEVER be used in military planes, mission, etc. And they cannot (legally) use your software.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back