Hacking vWii consequences? Anything to look out for? (WupHax)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by thatsage, Jan 5, 2017.

1. thatsage
    OP

thatsage Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2017
    Italy
    I am planning on making my new wii u what I call a backwards compatible gaming hub, or a nostalgia hub. I wanna just hack it for GC and Wii backups because those aspects seem well developed by now?

For that I understand I only need to hack the vWii. I'm planning on using WupHax. Question is, will this potentially have any effect in the future regarding WII U hacking? I'm not doing anything permanent to the WII U because I'm waiting for more robust, and easy to use fool-proof hacks (like Luma on 3DS) but I expect in the future when we get there I'd want to use those potential hacks.

So what things do I need to keep in mind if I hack the vWii? Things to avoid or potential problems in the future with future hacks?

mostafa likes this.
  2. SmellyPirateMonkey

SmellyPirateMonkey GBAtemp Fan

Sep 18, 2015
    United States
    This guide has everything I can think of:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/

I don't know much about vwii but I know people installing the wrong cios files (the ones meant for a wii) seems to be where a lot of people go wrong.

I used the above link and the guide for wuphax to hack my vwii and it was simple enough. As long as you follow a guide you won't mess anything up

mostafa and thatsage like this.