Hacking hacking the wiikey

indiraider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well it seems that team Xeno, the makers of the wiikey, are waiting to release an update that will block out clones before fixing the problems that were promised to the consumer. I for one am sick and tired of waiting for the team to fix their problems while alienating legitimate customers like me and you. xiaNaix, mod at wiinewz, said he pleaded with them to release an update sooner but they refuse to do so. I was just thinking, what about we create unofficial wiikey firmware to fix the audio fix by possible porting over some open source code from wiifree??? Is the code on the wiikey encrypted? The wiikey needs to be updated and I'm sick of team Xeno.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
I say they just release the damn firmware -- forget if it works on clones or not.

Basically, if it works on clones, great. If there are bugs because it's on a clone, the Wiikey creators cannot offer any support for any issues. Plain and simple. I think they're trying too hard to block out clones... wasn't there nothing to make the Wiikey 'unique' anyways?

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm on Xeno's side too, but this whole battling the clones thing is just gettin a bit ridiculous now... ive recommended the wiikey to everyone but now im really starting to regret it, especially cause it seems more and more possible we will never see this "update"

davewii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the firmawre will address all problems e.g. audiofix and region compatabilty, but the unlucky people with clone keys will not be able to use this update

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
the firmawre will address all problems e.g. audiofix and region compatabilty, but the unlucky people with clone keys will not be able to use this update

That is actually not for certain.

It is possible that the clones can use it, but whether or not it'll operate the way it should be is a different story, and the Xeno team cannot be held responsible for any issues with clones.

We'll find out soon enough
smile.gif

keypox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't that be supporting the clones? If we all try and come up with an update that makes the WiiKey perfect, chances are the clones will be able to update too, and then you'll screw over team Xeno.

I am on team Xeno's side. If you were in their position, you'd probably do the same...

well think about this... what if you spent all the money trying to get a genuine chip but got a clone then you get a bricked wii because of it ? Man that would be messed up

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well think about this... what if you spent all the money trying to get a genuine chip but got a clone then you get a bricked wii because of it ? Man that would be messed up
If Xeno somehow manage to get an update that doesn't work on clones (I doubt it, the chips are very simple) it's not gonna brick your Wii.
The update only adds some code to the WiiKey chip, it does not change any info on the Wii console.

I guess it's possible that a 'clone' chip (that isn't a true hardware/firmware clone) will be disabled by an update. That is the worst case scenario though, if so just take out the chip and buy another one from somewhere more reputable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay