Hackers and internet

Acrux

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, my parents don't want to get internet. They are against it because of all the news on negative things that happen through the internet like getting hacked and personal information getting stolen.
i am trying to make my case on how the internet is not bad if you know what you are doing.
Can anyone give me information that will help my case. And information on how hackers can actually hack you.
Thanks a lot!

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Parents are mostly oblivious to what's actually happening and the only thing they're interested about is keeping their kids safe.

Just tell them that the media is severely exaggerating things and that if you don't give out personal info on the web, you won't get hacked.
Also tell them police is monitoring the web.

Reactions: Aerocool

Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heeeeeeeeey, this is just like my situation! Well, stay away from things that are in another language and shoddy things with bad grammar. But there's no way to really get around the issue sadly. With me, I access the internet at school and do what I need here. You can always try the same, but don't use your phone in class or anything. I use a school-supplied chromebook.

If you can convince your parents to let use use the internet under supervision, it may or may not work. Or use something like a new3DS and browse with that. I did that for a year before I got caught.

Reactions: Acrux

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
So, my parents don't want to get internet. They are against it because of all the news on negative things that happen through the internet like getting hacked and personal information getting stolen.
i am trying to make my case on how the internet is not bad if you know what you are doing.
Can anyone give me information that will help my case. And information on how hackers can actually hack you.
Thanks a lot!
Personal information doesn't get stolen if you don't put it online even if you have internet.

Reactions: Acrux

Acrux

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so what is a hacker defined as? i mean i wouldn't call myself a hacker for just hacking my ds and ios. i didnt create the hack but used a hack online that someone created.

Akshuls

Comic sans
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much a person that gains unauthorized access to data.
Here let me google it.

hack·er
ˈhakər/
noun
  1. 1.
    a person who uses computers to gain unauthorized access to data.
oh.

Acrux

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personal information doesn't get stolen if you don't put it online even if you have internet.
you are right. they are still paranoid. they even get me to put parent controls on the tv for my brothers because they dont know how to use it. its hard to explain to them how i used the internet to get stuff because they dont understand what im saying. like downloading movies and how GB work and stuff.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
you are right. they are still paranoid. they even get me to put parent controls on the tv for my brothers because they dont know how to use it. its hard to explain to them how i used the internet to get stuff because they dont understand what im saying. like downloading movies and how GB work and stuff.
Lul u trying to convince them through warez?

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From your profile it looks like you are 18 years old. In that case if they don't want to get internet you might have to find a way to get money so you can get internet for yourself at least. I don't see how anyone could go without internet of some kind in this day and age.

Last edited by cvskid,
Reactions: gnmmarechal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Skelletonike first time I hear of stellar blade