Exemtpie03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hi guys

So about a year ago, I got myself a Wii, which I then proceeded to homebrew from some kind of tutorial. It worked fine for about a month or so until it suddenly began freezing up whenever entering any channel, and it's not just channels, it's everything except the message board. I've looked and looked but I can't seem to find anything that can help me fix this thing, so after putting this off for some quite some time, I want to ask the people of this forum if you guys have any idea on how to fix it.

Also it was my first time homebrewing anything and since then I have forgotten almost every bit of it, so please don't get frustrated if I don't understand something:)
(also also, I don't know how to attach a tag to this post, never used a forum before)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Please post a syscheck
https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

If the wii freezes during this process, please describe when it freezes (I. E. Does it freeze when clicking on a channel, or after clicking start, also what channel, specifically I want to know if launching the HBC freezes the console)

Do you have any peripherals connected to the wii? Can you also access the wii's settings menu?

Exemtpie03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Please post a syscheck

If the wii freezes during this process, please describe when it freezes (I. E. Does it freeze when clicking on a channel, or after clicking start, also what channel, specifically I want to know if launching the HBC freezes the console)

Do you have any peripherals connected to the wii? Can you also access the wii's settings menu?
I don't think I'm able to execute a syscheck, since I can't access any channels.
The freezing happens just after I press start on a channel where I'm just sent to a black screen, and I've tested this with all channels. Not only does it freeze but the light on my controller seems to turn off and won't blink if I press any buttons.

If I try and go into the settings or stuff like that, it freezes in a different way. When I try to click on wii settings the screen still freezes on a black screen although this time, the light on the controller doesn't turn off and I can still hear the wii home screen music.

The only thing I have connected is an HDD which is what I played games off of

Another thing just happened while writing this post. The wii was just chilling on the main menu and it suddenly went to an error message telling me to restart the wii

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Strange, for it to all of a sudden error out when doing nothing... maybe it's hardware related? Some critical components slowly dying? Perhaps someone else can chime in with their opinions.

Does this still happen with all peripherals removed?

Do you have a nand backup? Or priiloader installed? Or bootmii boot2?

Exemtpie03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
The crashing still happens without the peripherals, and the the random error shows up after like 10 min.

If I take a look at my sd card's apps folder I have:
HackMii_installer
IOS236-v5-Mod
mmm
Nintendont
Priiloader
SIP
SysCheckHDE
usbloader_gx

If I have a nand backup, I don't know where to find it. The closest thing to nand I could find was a nand.bin file on the sd card. I also seem to have bootmii installed, since I have a folder titled bootmii

Exemtpie03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Here's my syscheck
SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, and Nano
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: PAL
System Menu 4.1E (v450)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 02.13.2007
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58

Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 119366828
Console Type: Wii
Shop Channel Country: Denmark (74)
Boot2 v3
Found 77 titles.
Found 49 IOS on this console. 4 of them are stubs.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS80 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS202[60] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223[38+37] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236[36] (rev 65535, Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS249[57] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[56] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v5
MIOS v10
Report generated on 01/13/2022.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Syscheck looks fine to me, I'm not sure what's causing your issue.

There are a few software solutions I would try if I were you before deciding this issue must be hardware related.

Before doing anything, I would make a copy of your current nand.bin, then make a new nand backup as the wii sits now just in case.

Then rename your new nand.bin backup something different and put your old nand.bin back on the root of your sd card (so that this nand is the one picked up by bootmii), then try restoring it with bootmii. It may or may not resolve your issue, but you will likely need to resoftmod your wii (using modmii or Wii.guide) depending on the state of the wii when the backup was made. There is a bit of risk here, if the issue doesn't go away, we may have just removed priiloader from your system, so maybe try this last.

The other option is to use Modmii's region change guide to "change" to 4.1E, or 4.2E, or 4.3E (I suggest 4.2E in this case so you can easily launch the bannerbomb v2 exploit should the need arise). You aren't really region changing, but you are reinstalling the system files which may (or may not) resolve your issue. This will involve reinstalling priiloader before exiting the HBC as part of the region change procedure. You will need to deviate slightly from the guide in that you will be launching the HBC via priiloader.

A third option you could try is building a new virgin nand.bin using ohneschwanzenegger (you will need to point it to your current nand.bin in order to do so). Flashing this should resolve the issue if it's software related, but again it will wipe out your priiloader so carries some risk (if the issue doesn't go away) and it will require you resoftmod the console.

Lastly, you could just work around the issue entirely by configuring priiloader to launch the hbc or a usbloader at startup. The means your system menu will still have these issues, but you will be bypassing it so it won't be an issue for most things. If you decide to proceed with this workaround, I suggest updating to the latest version of priiloader in case your wiimotes ever get desynced from the console, you will be able to use the front buttons on the console to navigate the priiloader menu to load the system menu to resync your controllers (older versions of priiloader didn't work with the front buttons, usb keyboards, etc)

Exemtpie03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I'm trying to do the whole workaround thing, but whenever I try to boot USBloader GX from the priiloader, it shows me the pic that shows up when loading the app, but then it just sends me back to the wii menu. Any other channel works fine.

Also thanks for all the help man. I really appreciate it

Last edited by Exemtpie03,
Reactions: XFlak

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
grab modmii, run modmii classic, go to the advanced downloads page and enter "F" to build a forwarder dol. There are some choices, build the v12 forwarder dol and enter the path(s) you want to forward to (i.e. apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol, apps/usbloader_gx/boot.elf, etc.), give it a name, then enter D to download. Take this dol and save it to you sd card, then in priiloader install it as file, then boot to it.

Perhaps before doing all this, check if launching GX works via the HBC first. Also, consider updating to the version of GX from @blackbox 's signature, it's got many improvements over the version you are likely still using.

edit: Or just use the dol attached instead of building one, this one forwards to the paths below in the following order:
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_gx\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_gx\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\WiiFlow\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\WiiFlow\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_cfg\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_cfg\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\usb-loader\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usb-loader\boot.elf

Attachments

• USBLoader.dol.7z
    218.6 KB · Views: 35

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to see also if this freezing issue appears on either HBC or USBLoaderGX, keep it idle for a few minutes etc. Also try some games and see if it happens there too. The more you isolate the issue the more clear it gets.. Though i agree that it could be hardware problem, but you can't know for sure until you exhaust all your options.

Reactions: jeannotte

Exemtpie03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
grab modmii, run modmii classic, go to the advanced downloads page and enter "F" to build a forwarder dol. There are some choices, build the v12 forwarder dol and enter the path(s) you want to forward to (i.e. apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol, apps/usbloader_gx/boot.elf, etc.), give it a name, then enter D to download. Take this dol and save it to you sd card, then in priiloader install it as file, then boot to it.

Perhaps before doing all this, check if launching GX works via the HBC first. Also, consider updating to the version of GX from @blackbox 's signature, it's got many improvements over the version you are likely still using.

edit: Or just use the dol attached instead of building one, this one forwards to the paths below in the following order:
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_gx\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_gx\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\WiiFlow\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\WiiFlow\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_cfg\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_cfg\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\usb-loader\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usb-loader\boot.elf
So, I put the DOL file you attached in my sd card, went to the load/install file option in priiloader. I pressed install file. It installed. I tried to click load, it sent me to the wii menu. I feel really dumb, but I don't quite know what I'm doing and now I'm once again.... stuck.... Sorry

Unless there were some other steps I had to follow that just went over my head
Also I don't see an option to open Usbloader through the hbc
Also also, I cant seem to find the Black box's GX download in the signature part. It's just an empty profile form 2008

Last edited by Exemtpie03,

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
This is the link from blackb0x's signature
https://gbatemp.net/posts/8856063

For the forwarder to work, you must have at least 1 boot.dol or boot.elf from the list of paths for the forwarder dol that I listed in my previous post

The app must be saved to a fat32 formatted sd card or USB HDD. The USB should be inserted into USB port0, the one nearest the edge of the wii. It should also ideally be a single fat32 partition.

The first thing you should do, is try loading the usb loader via the hbc. It should be listed the same way syscheck was listed, especially since you mentioned you have a usbloader_gx folder inside your apps folder on the SD card.

Reactions: jeannotte

Exemtpie03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
This is the link from blackb0x's signature
https://gbatemp.net/posts/8856063

For the forwarder to work, you must have at least 1 boot.dol or boot.elf from the list of paths for the forwarder dol that I listed in my previous post

The app must be saved to a fat32 formatted sd card or USB HDD. The USB should be inserted into USB port0, the one nearest the edge of the wii. It should also ideally be a single fat32 partition.

The first thing you should do, is try loading the usb loader via the hbc. It should be listed the same way syscheck was listed, especially since you mentioned you have a usbloader_gx folder inside your apps folder on the SD card.
Weird. The usbloader isn't in the hbc, but I've chosen to do something else. I've downloaded Wiiflow and it seems to work fine so far, I just can't get see the games on my HDD in there. I think my HDD might be a bit faulty and that's why. I can test it by putting a game on my sd card instead

Reactions: XFlak

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus

Exemtpie03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I've finally got a game working (Wii Sports Resort to be exact), and now I still have 1 last problem.... After launching the game, the game works amazingly fine, except.... My wii remote won't sync

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
the wiimote is synced before you launch the game?

Wii Sports resort requires a motion+ remote btw, and it also requires the motion+ video be watched at least once before being able to play it. If the backup you have has had the video removed, and it wasn't viewed on the console already at least once, it could be an issue (that being said I'm not sure if it would cause this precise issue). Just to be safe, can you try a different game like the original wii sports and see if it too disconnects?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.