Homebrew WIP GZDoom for Switch

stitchxd

Trophies
Website
gnusocial.me
XP
Country
United States
Literally took 5 minutes to load, but Call of Duty Black Ops mod for DOOM 1/2 works like a champ! Only issue (as you have stated in known bugs) is joycon sensativity is SUPER HIGH.

Attachments

• IMG_20190507_212219.jpg
    IMG_20190507_212219.jpg
    504.5 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_20190507_212330.jpg
    IMG_20190507_212330.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_20190507_212334.jpg
    IMG_20190507_212334.jpg
    336.9 KB · Views: 207
Reactions: MUDD_BR

Fuzzy-v

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, thanks for the port! Awesome work.

I have encountered some bugs, not sure if GZdoom issues or port issues.

Bug 1. In some maps, certain doors and switches won't work - i.e the exit switch in and the secret door to the right of the caged imp in Doom 2 Map 01 Entryway. I did mess with settings prior to playing so I hit 'reset to default', no joy. This is the same for Doom 1, Doom 2, Plutonium, TNT. Random doors and switches don't work or register at all. The doom guy will grunt at a wall when I hit 'use' but these random items don't work. Always the same doors/switchs on reload.

Bug 2. Guns won't hit enemies or walls at random distances, moreso close range. Tried with pistol and shotgun, rocket launcher works everytime of course. If I move a step back, works fine. Fist also seemingly does not damage enemies when punching.

Have tried: difference versions of same WAD files, playing with settings galore, no joy. My switch is running latest atmosphere on 3.02.

I love this port, way more polished then the others, IMO. Hopefully there is a solution and I am curious if others have been having similar issues.

fgsfds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hey, thanks for the port! Awesome work.

I have encountered some bugs, not sure if GZdoom issues or port issues.

I tried but cannot confirm any of these. Sounds like line traces are broken somehow. I haven't changed anything related to them, so I dunno. Try copying the ini that ships with the port instead of hitting reset to default, I haven't really changed the defaults anyway.

Copy pk3 files to gzdoom folder, start gzdoom launcher then go to files tab and choose your pk3 files.

Copy them to the gzdoom/pwads folder, like it say in the OP.

Also, to clarify some things:
To save settings that you change in GZDoom, you have to exit it using the Quit button in the game menu.
To save settings in the launcher, you have to exit it with either the B button or by starting GZDoom.
I don't think changes to default profiles do save, you might want to create a new one for that.
You can change analog sensitivity in the Joystick Options menu in GZDoom.

Last edited by fgsfds,
Reactions: Dutt

Fuzzy-v

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried but cannot confirm any of these. Sounds like line traces are broken somehow. I haven't changed anything related to them, so I dunno. Try copying the ini that ships with the port instead of hitting reset to default, I haven't really changed the defaults anyway.

Thanks for the reply. I'll try that, and if that fails, I'll experiment some more. I'll post back when I have some results.

fgsfds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
You can bind the button in the options menu. GZDoom has a shitton of buttons, so I didn't bind all of them in the ini that ships with the port. "Activate item" might be already bound to Up, though.
Some mods add their own buttons too.
Unless you mean the blue sphere present in original Doom, that just adds 100hp up to maximum of 200.

Last edited by fgsfds,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/d9wnSq_aP-0?si=T9bdloMD2dGzvnbf