ROM Hack Gyakuten Saiban 1-3 Translation

OmegaTheGreat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Is this project still alive even the Official localized HD remaster has been already released?
Yes, it is

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

wow, I haven't been back here for a long time, anyway, the progress of the project is very noticeable, unfortunately my translation into Spanish died so to speak due to the time that I don't have but from that at least I can share something, the new background for GS1, if someone is interested, they would have no problem sharing it in a rom so that they can play it in their gba.

GS1-spanish-1630338006503.png
GS1-spanish-1630338556745.png
gs1extra-1599287186728.png
20210830-122259.gif
20210830-123619.gif
Nobody asked about your translation, also, sharing roms here is prohibited, so if I were you, I would delete my comment ASP (so you don't get banned or anything)

OmegaTheGreat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
BUT WHY? u guys took so much effort to release patch meanwhile everyone's been playing it on Switch or Phone?
Don't you have a phone lol??
This is simply a port of the DS version to the GBA, if someone doesn't like neither the DS version or the more newer releases (or just wants to play the first version of the games), our translation is a valuable option :)

h3rmit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
BUT WHY? u guys took so much effort to release patch meanwhile everyone's been playing it on Switch or Phone?
Don't you have a phone lol??
A GBA version can play in almost every platform there is, at a decent speed. Even in platforms other versions can't play at all. So there's still some value to that.

After all, this project started long before the HD remaster... It would be a shame for it to remain incomplete after all this effort.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A GBA version can play in almost every platform there is, at a decent speed. Even in platforms other versions can't play at all. So there's still some value to that.

After all, this project started long before the HD remaster... It would be a shame for it to remain incomplete after all this effort.
the 1st post was made in 2008! guess what? At current speed when they eventually complete the project, my grandchild will probably able to play it! lmfaoooooo XD

or just buy the HD remaster one on App store, dOn't yOu have A phone? :)

OmegaTheGreat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
and nobody asked you to reply. he wasn't offering to share roms, just to share the new background.
"if someone is interested, they would have no problem sharing it in a rom so that they can play it in their gba."

You still sure he wasn't suggesting to share a rom here?

h3rmit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
the 1st post was made in 2008! guess what? At current speed when they eventually complete the project, my grandchild will probably able to play it! lmfaoooooo XD

Well, the original project of the first post was dropped a long time ago, as stated in the first post.

I only picked it up in 2014 - a long time after it had been abandoned - with the initial intention to just complete GS3, which was completed and fully playable in 2017. Not too bad for a one-man-show, done in my limited free time, I believe.

As for GS1, which was started after GS3, it is currently at 75% (3/4 cases completed and fully playable), and it won't take too long until it gets completed.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, the original project of the first post was dropped a long time ago, as stated in the first post.

I only picked it up in 2014 - a long time after it had been abandoned - with the initial intention to just complete GS3, which was completed and fully playable in 2017. Not too bad for a one-man-show, done in my limited free time, I believe.

As for GS1, which was started after GS3, it is currently at 75% (3/4 cases completed and fully playable), and it won't take too long until it gets completed.
it's really admirable ur effort and dedication! :grog:

Reactions: OmegaTheGreat

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
"if someone is interested, they would have no problem sharing it in a rom so that they can play it in their gba."

You still sure he wasn't suggesting to share a rom here?
I think he means that he doesn't mind other people using it and putting it in their own rom/translation :)
He didn't say he will share the rom, and that he will do it here.

Reactions: OmegaTheGreat

Sephiran59

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, my brother and I have been wanting to play these games on GBA due to compatibility with our current emulation methods but assumed nobody was willing to translate games that already have ports/remakes. Didn't expect to find a project at all, but this project saved our lives and we will be patiently awaiting all of your updates, thank you so much for your dedication!

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
OT: But I have to mentioned it again, since I've just finished playing through the first one again.

Playing them on a Wii (wiiware release), using an OSSC (component cables), with the OSSC output set to Full RGB, and the TVs output to limited (colors get "misconfigured" and appear more saturated) - is probably the best way to experience these games today (Wii in 480p, OSSC in passthrough, LG TVs Super Resolution set to low (its just a smudge and then sharpen filter)).

Text size on a 55inch display is "just right", as Wiiware versions do integer scaling, and have a scrolling background behind the bezels that are empty.

Image is a little blurry ((4:3 generic on the OSSC), I can fix that in sync options in the OSSC, but I actually prefer not to ), but only a very tiny bit - helps to give it an analog look, drawn edges on the art seem less obstruse.

Gameplay is a dream. (Onehanded, lying on the couch - Wiimote, ftw.) And the game does "auto screen switching" for you.

Hacking a Wii is easy these days (ModMii installer: https://gbatemp.net/threads/modmii-for-windows-official-support-topic.207126/ )

I've played the game on original hardware, and on many emulation devices (including the superb GBA translations. :) ), but this was the greatest UI experience so far.

OSSC route with full/limited mismatch imho is recommended, as the entire game gets more color pop. It originally tended to be more washed out, probably, because of high average gamma on NDS screens. On an OLED they look great that way (color never seems "off" - even though it is. :) ).

edit: Oh, and why best? Because I cant take the artstyle of the remaster. (On Switch.) :)

edit2: Oh, and because youtubers hate that trick, play it in 4:3 mode on the Wii, otherwise you are loosing horizontal resolution for nothing. (Youtubers be like waaaaa?)

Last edited by notimp,

CowboyJoseph64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm back, armed with with a flash cart, and more stuff to report. The pictures won't look as nice, but oh well.

1632888467428.png

When there's a "shake" effect while zooming into Phoenix's face, only the square area around his face shakes, while the rest of his body stays stationary.
This problem is universal for all zoom-in shots combined with the shake effect.

1632888550831.png

Near the start of the first court scene of case 2, Edgeworth seemingly tells himself that he may call his first witness. Presumably, it's the judge who's supposed to say that.

The croud defense noise for april may not going away is still not fixed.

the judge talking over the gavel wasn't, either. It's really not even a big deal, it's just that it was said that both of these were fixed. Odd.

1632888690778.png

the "tense" music is still playing over the start of the "witness account, cont." part of oldbag's testimony.

1632888772467.png

In the third day of investigation, while talking to penny, I think if you pick the "Studio policy" topic for the first time (it might be "The last episode" if not), the music just stops.
It's a little difficult to tell whether things like this are intentional or not, but this in particular seems odd to me. The music resumes when I choose "Five years ago"

I very much appreciate what you're doing with this. Being able to experience the game in it's original GBA form is very cool. Thank you, and good work.

Last edited by CowboyJoseph64,

lemonpoppy

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hi, i downloaded the last patch but i experienced a loop when i was questioning redd white about the newspaper article. how to get around this issue? thankyou in advance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    CRAZY HAMBURGER
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @NinStar both nes remix 1 and 2 had some stinkers in there
    +1
    but at least 2 doesn't have sports games
    loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress
    +1
    or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.
    Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol
  • cearp @ cearp:
    What stuff were you burning?
    I used to burn tons of dvds (data files) many years ago, but haven't burnt a disk in ages.
    My car actually reads MP3 CD's lol
    So mix CDs for myselt :)
    Pantera, Metallica, Hollywood Undead, Five Finger Death Punch, some others lol
    I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol
    if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I hope your brother is doing ok Mr BakerMan
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool
    +1
    BakerMan yeah me too.... maybe that's gonna be dinner for me there is this place near me I have been dying to try and they have them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss usb mp3 players they were shit but at the time a go to
    @The Real Jdbye, I thought about that and I have blank DVD's and Blurays but honestly after like 90 songs I just listen to it a couple of hundred times toss it out and burn something else or have like 2-3 CD's. Florida here the heat in the car tends to ruin the CD's after like a few months even commercial pressed ones don't last too long.
    my music collection is just too big, i require variety
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: my music collection is just too big, i require variety