Hacking GW emuNAND freezes on other CFWs

Alessandro98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, I have been a Gateway user since the 2.x Omega release and now I would like to finally abandon it. The problem is that Gateway CFW is the only one to "support" my current emuNAND setup, as any other CFW I've tried, such as (Au)reiNAND, Luma and RxTools, crash a few seconds later I've booted up my emuNAND. I can't understand the reason why this is happening, it is true that I have quite a lot of titles installed in my emuNAND, but I think they are nothing special nor strange. Moreover I have also some custom themes and this is an emuNAND originated from a system transfer from an OFW O3ds. Is there anything I can try to do to understand what's causing the issue? I wouldn't like to use another emuNAND since it would be a pain in the ass to transfer all the saves, especially those of the system titles. Here are titles I installed http://imgur.com/a/CaL5d. Thanks in advance.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Alessandro98

Alessandro98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm assuming you formatted this SD card using the GW menu a long time ago.

just to be sure, do you want to stop using Gateway entirely, or do you want to keep using the red card for anything?
Yeah I formatted it using the Gateway launcher because it was the easiest method I knew. I would like to keep the possibility of using it through a boot manager, but my main CFW would be Luma. Thanks a lot for the attention.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi guys, I have been a Gateway user since the 2.x Omega release and now I would like to finally abandon it. The problem is that Gateway CFW is the only one to "support" my current emuNAND setup, as any other CFW I've tried, such as (Au)reiNAND, Luma and RxTools, crash a few seconds later I've booted up my emuNAND. I can't understand the reason why this is happening, it is true that I have quite a lot of titles installed in my emuNAND, but I think they are nothing special nor strange. Moreover I have also some custom themes and this is an emuNAND originated from a system transfer from an OFW O3ds. Is there anything I can try to do to understand what's causing the issue? I wouldn't like to use another emuNAND since it would be a pain in the ass to transfer all the saves, especially those of the system titles. Here are titles I installed http://imgur.com/a/CaL5d. Thanks in advance.
Are you sure you don't have any CIA files installed that are only supported in GW mode? For example I had a home menu version of microSD management installed on my home menu and it worked fine with GW but would cause Luma3DS to freeze. I found a version that was CFW compatible and installed that and the freezes went away.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I formatted it using the Gateway launcher because it was the easiest method I knew. I would like to keep the possibility of using it through a boot manager, but my main CFW would be Luma. Thanks a lot for the attention.
what's your sysnand version (probably 4.x)? you can't use Luma3DS on 4.x/anything below 7.x, so you'd want to go to 9.2

also you'll probably want to do this with EmuNAND9:
  1. make sure you've got about 1gb of free space on the SD card.
  2. dump the existing emunand: "EmuNAND Manager Options..." -> "Backup EmuNAND to file"
  3. use up/down to dump to emuNAND.bin
  4. once done, return with B, unmount SD card with select, take it out without turning off the console
  5. back up everything on the SD card to your computer; the SD card is going to be formatted
    (this might fix issues with custom firmwares, as well as format the SD card 'better')
  6. put the SD card back in the 3DS, return with B
  7. format the SD card: "SD Format Options..." -> "Format SD (EmuNAND Default)"
  8. read the screen and press the 5 buttons to continue
  9. once done, return with B, unmount SD card with select, take it out without turning off the console
  10. copy everything back to the SD card from your computer
  11. put the SD card back in the 3DS, return with B
  12. restore the emunand: "EmuNAND Manager Options..." -> "Restore file to EmuNAND"
  13. pick emuNAND.bin

deadf1sh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are you sure you don't have any CIA files installed that are only supported in GW mode? For example I had a home menu version of microSD management installed on my home menu and it worked fine with GW but would cause Luma3DS to freeze. I found a version that was CFW compatible and installed that and the freezes went away.
Definitly check that first, i had the same symptom as OP, the CFW froze when the "cursor" was on the faulty cia (sd management also), i had to go back in gateway mode to move the cursor then uninstall the cia.
I see you have "gestione microSD" in your list.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Definitly check that first, i had the same symptom as OP, the CFW froze when the "cursor" was on the faulty cia (sd management also), i had to go back in gateway mode to move the cursor then uninstall the cia.
I see you have "gestione microSD" in your list.
I was on my phone so I didn't look at the pictures, but you're right, he has the home menu microSD management installed. If it was a system title it would be displayed in red.
@Alessandro98 If you found that CIA on the ISO site, there should be a CFW compatible version in the same thread, just install it over the version you have and see if the problem goes away.

Alessandro98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks a lot guys I'm trying right now and I'll report back ASAP

Edit: The problem seems to be completely solved, I don't know how to express how thankful I am to all of you! Thank you very much, really!

Last edited by Alessandro98,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol