gun accessory for wii remote

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Shelleeson, Jan 4, 2008.

Jan 4, 2008

gun accessory for wii remote by Shelleeson at 8:41 PM (1,055 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Shelleeson
    OP

Member Shelleeson GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    i am going to buy a gun to go with the copy of res evil 4 i just got and was wondering whether it would be best to get one with a nunchuck attachment on it or without because i'm not sure what i'll need [​IMG]
    i know i don't need it but hell it's all about the toys [​IMG] (if it was up to me i'd get the rifle if i was sure it would work with this game) [​IMG]

2. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    I'd go for one where you can hold the nunchuck separately in your left hand. I'm thinking of getting either one of these as a second gun:

Wii - Gun 1
    Wii - Gun 2

Also it's annoying to play Umbrella Chronicles with the Wii Zapper because you have to shake the nunchuck sometimes and it's definitely easier to do when it's separate. The pictures when starting the game also show the nunchuck separated from the Zapper so it doesn't make real sense to get one where it's inserted.

3. ben_r_

Member ben_r_ GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have two wii zappers and the nyko gun (without nunchuck attachment) and I really fee that the gun without the nunchuck attached allows for much better, more acurate aiming.

4. Takeshi

Germany
    I forgot that you'll have to enable aiming with B and shoot using A in RE4. I just started the game and tested it with my Zapper and I have to say that it's good to have the extra stability when playing RE4.

So, if you're just getting it for RE4 I'm suggesting the Zapper because using a gun for this game might feel weird and you'll also have to get one where you have easy acces to the buttons.

5. Shelleeson
    OP

Member Shelleeson GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    thanks for the help guys it's really appreciated
    so no votes for any of the guns of dx then [​IMG] i'm so cheap [​IMG]

6. Takeshi

Germany
  7. sphere9

Member sphere9 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    i can't imagine re4 being played with a gun-shell it just seems so hard to access the buttons [​IMG]

keep in mind i'm not against the idea.