Hacking Guitar Hero World Tour

mrwulff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure the metallica pack isnt just a gh3 custom? Does it list anything about size/number of songs?
Would it be possible for you to tell me some of the contents from the decrypted wad's title.tmd?

back on topic:

So you know that the title.tmd is like an index of all the app files in a wad. You can think of the 1E app as ghwt version of the title.tmd, because it lists what dlc there are on the wii/server, along with info like song and artist. Currently I have gone through about 90% of the file and have not yet found anything amazingly obvious. If you have you 1E dumped you can look at it in a text editor along with this guide (http://pastebin.com/f7e9bb657). Pretty much all that is left is decoding a few random bytes here and there that might lead to something interesting.

Chemical_Warfare

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mrwulff said:
Chemical_Warfare said:
mrwulff, are you by chance on the FoF forums as well?

Actually i have an account there but never post. I was going to post some of my chart files for world tour there but never got around to it. As for posting this in there, i dont figure it would be relevant, unless they have a special forum for just this kind of thing. link?

However, I have been posting on the scorehero forums quite extensively about these damn wads
mad.gif

No, sorry i dont have a link to anything like this on the fof site, but i think your posting on scorehero is a better idea than there anyways.. hope you guys get this worked out, cheers!

mrwulff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i took a couple of days off hoping and praying that somebody else had figured this out. Unfortunately the metallica pack plus no rain is a dud. not even packed into a wad or anything. not even ripped off a fs dump. just a stupid encrypted file copied from the menu

Oh well, i guess ill have to do it myself. One comment. even though i was about 99.9 percent sure it didnt have anything to do with the save file, now i may be partially convinced it does, altough i have no proof, i just have nothing else to go on. So in order for me to mess with that i "NEED" to back up my save. I dumped it with the save extractor, but im not confident that i will be able to get it back if something goes wrong. Has anybody else successfully re installed their save game, and if not would somebody be willing to test it for me?

mrwulff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because normally it would not let you do this, because it has online play. also when i copy it to the sd card, it says that some parts of the save cannot be copied. And I have never actually used the save game installer and im kinda partial to my current ghwt save and would be upset if it got lost.

also the file 'floating' about is for pal. has anybody tried it on pal?

jpref

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sorry, what was that? Up?
Anyway, its good to see that people are working on this as its a pain in the ass for a 2gb card to store all the DLC. Would be nice to have them as wads. Keep up the work!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
any one willing to try my DLC save??? just use the rebooter option in Gamma and set the "Remove Copy Flags" to "YES", then do the reboot and try to copy it.

Before doing this:
Make sure you have 3.2 FW, Starfall installed for recovery, and the Twilight Hack in your Wii saves, copy your DLC save to your SD and put it in your PC, after this, then proced to place my DLC save to your Wii

Any one interested?? PM me

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Anyone seen this? I believe it's a Wii Save hack GH...

TheGHOST

Here it is, the first public beta release of - TheGHOST - brought to you by SciFi, Humour4Fun, UnsteadyCarrot, GameZelda and me, Nanook.

Consider this an early Christmas present. ...Remembering that it's not polite to complain about things people give you e.e

The applications contained in the release are all built around TheGHOST core. The core contains all the functionality of TheGHOST and can be used by others to write GH applications. The code will also be released when everything is stable.

Enjoy.

---------------------------------------------------------

Before posting questions always refer to the guide included with the release. We will always try to keep it updated with the latest information with each release.

REQUIREMENTS

* - Microsoft .Net 2.0

- Lots of Disc Space :-)

BUGS & EXCEPTIONS
If you report an error without enough information it might just get ignored, Please include:

* - The details of the exception message

- What you did to make it happen (so we can make it happen)

- Links to any non copyright files involved (Mid / Charts / Audio etc)

- A screen shot if it will help

MISSING FEATURES
These features will be added over the coming months (I need to slow down)

* - WiiScrubber ISO prepping improvements (We ran out of time, but we have a one-time manual work around).

- Full Project saving (including copying all source files so that a project can be reapplied to a disc easily)

- Merging multiple audio tracks in to 1 (for merging vocals, drums etc in to the song)

- Options to force tracks to mono (Song, Guitar, Rhythm)

- Option to blank lights, camera, animations from notes files (like QBGen)

- Create a new app for GH editing
o - Tier editing (Names, tracks included)
- Graphics (?)
- Various hacks (adding hidden guitars, changing cheat codes etc)
- Replacing background audio in game

FEATURE REQUESTS
Feel free to request what you like, some may get picked up some will not. Don't Request:

* - Guitar Hero World Tour support (it might happen one day, who knows)

- Rock Band support

- PS2 & PC support (someone else can do them, TheGHOST is structured to support them and Queen Bee already supports them)

FEATURES
Interface

* - Drag and Drop style GUI
- Support for projects (not fully implemented due to time scales)
- Notes Viewer / Editor (adjusts sync, H.O. / P.O.)
- Saves and restores default project settings to and from a config file
- All audio encoding, file creation and file replacements are performed at the end to prevent waiting around while configuring

Project

* - Supports default settings
- Smart mode can be used for populating songs. Support includes FOF folders, audio, Song.ini chart and mid files)

Files

* - FSB support (created after encoding audio)
- Wad support (created after creating FSB files)
- Dat support (created after creating FSB files)
- Notes Paks edited using the Queen Bee parser
- Qb Pak edited using the Queen Bee parser
- Seamless Wii Scrubber support for extracting and replacing files in Wii a ISO.

Song (Qb Pak)

* - rhythm_track - always set to 0
- hammer_on_measure_scale - set for all songs
- use_coop_notetracks - is always removed if found
- band_playback_volume - is editable
- guitar_playback_volume - is editable
- singer - is selectable
- title - is editable
- artist - is editable
- year - is editable
- artist_text - always set to artist_text_by

Smart Mode (Song import)

* - Supports folders containing audio, notes (chart and mid) and song.ini files.
- FOF folders work without alteration.
- Song, Guitar and Rhythm files are picked up, Wav, Flac, Ogg and Mp3 (in that order)
- Notes files are picked up, Notes.mid, Notes.chart, all other mids and all other charts (in that order) are added to the notes screen.
- Song.ini when picked up from a folder will import the "Delay" item and apply it to all notes files picked up from the folder.

Audio

* - Decodes anything Windows Direct Show supports (via Codecs)
- Encodes to XBADPCM for Wii audio
- Detect and remove silent/duplicate 'filler' audio
- Create silent audio for Rhythm audio when not present
- Song audio is duplicated (after any filler audio is removed) if the guitar does not exists and the volume is reduced to 50%
- Previews are created from combining all audio

Notes

* - Ensure x seconds before the first note is triggered
- Frets before first note are replaced so that if notes are offset that they can be filled with properly spaced frets
- Frets are always created beyond the last note (including sustain), or up to the length of the audio
- Offset notes to ensure frets are naturally spaced (no forces small frets)
- Auto calculates frets from audio / last note + sustain lengths
- Validates and adjusts Star Power etc to ensure all items have the correct note counts.
- Each song can have it's difficulties mapped to multiple charts and mids.
- Auto maps available difficulties to the required Guitar difficulties.
- Generates missing items (Missing difficulties, Star Power, Battle Power, Face Off)
- Boss battles are detected and notes removed according to face off sections
- Optional sustained notes cropping to GH3 mode

Chart

* - Hammer On / Pull Off support
- Face Off Support
- Star Power Support
- Sustained Notes accurately calculated
- Time Sig support

Mid

* - Face Off Support
- Star Power Support
- Sustained Notes accurately calculated
- Time Sig (denominator always set to 4, like chart) support

Download Link... Full Instructions are enclosed in zip! Enjoy!

http://www.savefile.com/files/1926288

I apologize if this was made aware of somewhere else.

jpref

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i was sure that this previous post was a tool to allow custom gh3 disks to be created. i could be wrong , i was once before.

D

Deleted User

IronMask said:
FEATURE REQUESTS
Feel free to request what you like, some may get picked up some will not. Don't Request:

* - Guitar Hero World Tour support (it might happen one day, who knows)

- Rock Band support

- PS2 & PC support (someone else can do them, TheGHOST is structured to support them and Queen Bee already supports them)

Yes, this is for GH3...

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, like mentioned, that is for GH3 customs. They said they may go for WT support later, but there's nothing to do with DLC customs.

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Just thought it would help you all in the right track... and myself.. I jusy started playing guitar hero for my wii last week after I traded my xbox360 guitar at gamestop because I notice I have like 3 or 4 GH's for the Wii and I thought the syncing on this console seemed so much more smoother from the pc version I was playing with the xbox360 guitar patched with a driver by microsoft to incorprate it.

I really do hope someone gets this done and makes it easy so others can do it... or just somehow 1 utlimate save game with all the most current songs..or something...but anyways.. I am only repeating what every body else wants.

mrwulff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I have no idea anymore of what to modify in my wads, i have been looking into how the 'rock archive' saves are built.

I am assuming they are all based off of the save file format, but somehow they have an index file (001.bin?) that tells them what is avalabe, because if you delete that file world tour will say there is an error in your 'archive'.

According to wiidev, (link) your wii id is stored in plain text in these files, so doing a search for the magic number (0x42 0x6B 0x00 0x01) you will find your wii id. If you change this to another one, you will not be able to view you rock archive, because "this sd card belongs to another wii"

Although I am not interested in pirating dlc, it would seem that this would be the easiest way. It sucks because I am doing this purely for customs.

I tried this with my spare wii, and and it shows up in the archive in the sd card area, but when i copy it to the wii, it disappears from both. when I tried to play it from the setlist, it appeared to load, but then shot me back to the main menu with an error saying that it was unable to be played. So i guess i made a little progress.

I would assume also that this will work for the metallica pack that was mentioned earlier in this thread, but be careful because it was created on a pal machine, and i dont know if they are different or not, but would assume that the wouldnt work on a ntsc wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show