Hacking Guitar Hero World Tour SD DLC on USB Loader

Garfunkiel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was attempting to get the DLC on GH:WT working properly from the SD card, and I tried a few different cIOS choices to see which worked best.
I used Configurable USB Loader (v55) for my testing. Here are my results:

249rev17 - neither the DLC nor the microphone work (IIRC - I might be remembering this one wrongly)
249rev19 (base 57) - DLC works perfectly on SD or NAND, but the microphone is not detected
223rev5 (base 37) - freezes occur when trying to load DLC or the music store
223rev4 (merged bases 38 + 37) - microphone works, but DLC on an SD card gives the "Out of Date" error and some numbered error when transferring is attempted
224rev5 (base 57) - freezes occur on the music store, the microphone is not detected
222rev5 (base 38) - microphone works, but SD DLC gives the usual transferring and playing errors
(ADDED) 250rev19 (base 37) - everything works perfectly, thanks for the suggestion!

(Old) Conclusions:
- If you want to play DLC from an SD card, use 249rev19 (57) -- but the microphone won't work
- If you want to use the microphone, use 223rev4 (38+37) -- but the DLC won't work from an SD card
- If you want both, use the original or a backup disc.

(New) Conclusion: Use Waninkoko's rev19 (base 37) and everything works!

mvgc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try cIOS 249 Rev19 (base 37)?? From what I understand that's for the music games with USB instruments. I'd test it myself for you, but I don't have any USB instruments (just the guitars that you need to connect to the Wiimotes).

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You beat me to it, mvgc3. Music games use IOS37 as IOS, so any cIOS to use all the features will have to have that base as well.

I'm actually surprised it runs with cIOS'es on another base.

"cIOS37 rev 19" works fine for playing and DLC, but haven't tested the online shop or the microphone.

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he's probably playing with a les paul or clone. you put the wiimote in those as opposed to the newer instruments which use a usb dingle dongle.

i've found everything to work fine with hermes v5 cios37 with gh5/bh. Haven't tested on ghwt. I have rb2 drums, so compatibility starts with gh5. It'd be killer if we could figure out how to get the ghwt update to work on gh5/bh.

OP, try r19 cios37 or v5 cios37 with gh5/bh.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Which USB loader do you use, ziddey?

From what I've tested, I've got the same results as the OP, and I'm (indeed) using a guitar with inserted wiimote (the world tour one).

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usblgxr914+cios37v5

previously, I used cios38+37v4, and ghwt dlc worked fine, except for the nand/sd glitch. Haven't tested again now with v5 since I have a rb2 drumset which isn't supported in ghwt.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Garfunkiel said:
(ADDED) 250rev19 (base 37) - everything works perfectly, thanks for the suggestion!
Have you tried with Guitar Hero 5? 250 rev19 base 37 doesn't load the SD card for me.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For everyone that has gotten DLC to work with the new Guitar Hero games: Are you using a regular SD card or SDHC? I have an SDHC card and I know that was an issue with GTWT, but I'm hoping its not the case with the new games.

PizzaPino

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
EeZeEpEe said:
Garfunkiel said:
Have you tried with Guitar Hero 5? 250 rev19 base 37 doesn't load the SD card for me.

neither for me. but i'm using an sdhc card. but that shouldnt be a problem actually.

mvgc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jservs7 said:
For everyone that has gotten DLC to work with the new Guitar Hero games: Are you using a regular SD card or SDHC? I have an SDHC card and I know that was an issue with GTWT, but I'm hoping its not the case with the new games.

GH5 works with SDHC. I had to use a disk (cIOScorp. I can't seem to get it to work through USB, though I haven't tried with the newer revs yet) but it shouldn't make that big a difference.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mvgc3 said:
jservs7 said:

GH5 works with SDHC. I had to use a disk (cIOScorp. I can't seem to get it to work through USB, though I haven't tried with the newer revs yet) but it shouldn't make that big a difference.
I'm doing the exact same thing which is why I tried the 250 rev19 base 37.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mvgc3 said:
jservs7 said:

Ah I see, but I guess that means its a no go with USB loaders no matter what cIOS configurations are used?

mvgc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant the game in general, not SDHC card compatibility. Like I said, if you have it working on a USB loader then you should still be able to use an SDHC card just fine.

lost_loven

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sd 2gig worked fine before for me using rev17 249 base 37 and now tried rev 19 249 and 250 base 37 and does not see the sd card! tried to go back to 17 and still did not load the card.. What gives you think? the sd card was almost maxed out with songs:( any new ideas? this is running off the dvd drive. no hd connected... sorry this is on rockband 2. help

lost

just a note, just checked in the wii main menu and sd card can not be recognized, my pc see's it and i haven't done anything to it since updating cios.

lost_loven

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok another update. this is by fluke i dunno.. what i did for rockband2 dlc.

i reloaded rev 19 250 base 37.
on the pc in the raw manager i loaded the sd card and resaved it all.
on the wii i loaded the home brew channel thur another sd card, thenreplaced that card with the 2 gig sd card i use for rock band, used the installer for the custom and reinstalled card. went back to wii menu and loaded the dvd for the rockband2 and now see's the card and all the dlc..

now it works.
rb2 with drums and mic running off usb hub and 2 wireless guitars with dlc.

hope this helps.

lost

Garfunkiel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried Guitar Hero 5 with both rev19 (base 57) and rev19 (base 37); base 57 results in a black screen, and base 37 seems to work properly. I'll do more testing and update the first post later.

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont understand why you keep testing with ioses that are known to not have proper support. no kidding it's not going to work right

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo