The Ghost
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I recently picked up guitar hero world tour today. Me and my friend were playing and he thought that my drums weren't working properly so we did some testing and it seems that my hit sensitivity doesn't always work with most of the drum set, also the red drum pad works only about 75% of the time. If anyone also has gotten GH WT for the wii (or I guess any other system) I would like to know if your drum set is having problems as well.

agn015

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my friends were also complaining about the red drum pad not working. i haven't played drums yet but my other friend was saying it was because he wasn't hitting it and the yellow cymbal at the right time.

sfunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
http://kotaku.com/5068898/guitar-hero-worl...ing-drum-issues

It's apparently a pretty common problem. Glad I didn't buy a set on launch
tongue.gif

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm glad that I didn't buy a set at launch as well, but still I can hardly wait, I need a drum kit !
I already have the game, and the GH3 guitar, but for me the most exciting thing would be play the drums in songs like Eye of the tiger or Beat it
I'm not too sure weather RB2 drums will work with this or even will be available to purchase separately, but I really need my fix, and I heard that RB1 drum set is not so good because it makes a lot of noise.
Any suggestion, ideas ?

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ARM73 said:
I'm glad that I didn't buy a set at launch as well, but still I can hardly wait, I need a drum kit !
I already have the game, and the GH3 guitar, but for me the most exciting thing would be play the drums in songs like Eye of the tiger or Beat it
I'm not too sure weather RB2 drums will work with this or even will be available to purchase separately, but I really need my fix, and I heard that RB1 drum set is not so good because it makes a lot of noise.
Any suggestion, ideas ?

Im stuck in the same situation, I had bought RB1 for 360, and had horrible pad sensitivity and a broken pedal. So I dont want that drum set for Wii.

So I have GH4 and my old GH3 guitar for Wii, I want to get RB2 but I JUST want the drum set, I've played RB1 and 2 on expert and just about completed them both except for a few songs on expert.

Im just curious, I want to know if they plan on releasing a Drumset by itself, and not the 300-400 dollar ION set. i cant afford that, I think they should have included a drum bundle, along with the Guitar bundle, and Full band set.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sstew said:
ARM73 said:
Any suggestion, ideas ?

Im stuck in the same situation, I had bought RB1 for 360, and had horrible pad sensitivity and a broken pedal. So I dont want that drum set for Wii.

So I have GH4 and my old GH3 guitar for Wii, I want to get RB2 but I JUST want the drum set, I've played RB1 and 2 on expert and just about completed them both except for a few songs on expert.

Im just curious, I want to know if they plan on releasing a Drumset by itself, and not the 300-400 dollar ION set. i cant afford that, I think they should have included a drum bundle, along with the Guitar bundle, and Full band set.

Well I found out that Best Buy willl sell RB2 standalone drum kits for $89.99 starting in middle December.
That might be good, but I'd like to know if th $50 set for RB1 ( which is by the way slightly improved over the xbox360/ps3 models ) will work with GH4.
If somebody could confirm this please, I'm out today already to best buy to get one!

EvanUnisil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can almost guarantee that it does not work. I haven't tried it but almost all websites report that Activision had no plans of supporting the RB instruments and I doubt that mindset would have changed a week before release.

DarkCrudus

The Ghost
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey! I fixed it! what I did was take the drums apart, there are 2 wires connected to each drum pad with silicon adhesive connecting the wire to the pad along with solder under the silicon. The problem with mine was the red cord to the red pad. So I scraped off the silicon and pulled the wire out, striped down the plastic on the wire to expose the copper. Then i had turned on my council, went into the music maker for testing. then i placed the wire on different areas where it was originally connected until i got a reaction, i soldered it to the spot making a very solid and firm connection, then used the music maker to test.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Use tape, it works. I got my yellow pad better now, and it's more sensitive, but not too sensitive.
smile.gif
I already sent in for the MIDI cables though, here's the tape fix:

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
alex said:
Use tape, it works. I got my yellow pad better now, and it's more sensitive, but not too sensitive.
smile.gif

I like your system, and thank you for post the video, it makes things much clearer now.
But still it feels like a temporary effort to fix the cymbals, in fact I believe that being the nature of the instrument that has to be constantly and repeatedly hit, the tape will were off soon or later, or maybe just move that tiny little bit that will make the sensitivity change.
I would say placing some cardboard underneat the shell* exactly where it touches the sensor ) and making it stick to it, and then screw the little plastic shell back in place, should give a more permanent fix.
Of course is just speculation as I didn't get the chance to get my hand on a drum set yet
tongue.gif
, but as soon as I do, and if I happen to have the same problem ( hopefully not ) then I will try it !

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ARM73 said:
alex said:
smile.gif

I like your system, and thank you for post the video, it makes things much clearer now.
But still it feels like a temporary effort to fix the cymbals, in fact I believe that being the nature of the instrument that has to be constantly and repeatedly hit, the tape will were off soon or later, or maybe just move that tiny little bit that will make the sensitivity change.
I would say placing some cardboard underneat the shell* exactly where it touches the sensor ) and making it stick to it, and then screw the little plastic shell back in place, should give a more permanent fix.
Of course is just speculation as I didn't get the chance to get my hand on a drum set yet
tongue.gif
, but as soon as I do, and if I happen to have the same problem ( hopefully not ) then I will try it !
Not mine, but thanks! I had mine and I hit it as hard as hell to play and nothing bad, sometime I feel like it's messing up, but I just have bad rhythm.
tongue.gif
There's a link to another video of his trying it on a pad.

sfunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
http://kotaku.com/5072183/gh-world-tour-drum-tuner-is-pc-app

I'm not sure how much this helps if your pads are outright broken but here's an app released by Activision that allows you to change the sensitivity of each pad individually. Midi to USB cable required. alex mentioned it in passing but I thought I'd just state it obviously
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.