ROM Hack Guitar Hero On Tour - Custom songs?

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
One of the first plans was text files if nothing else, but that would be hard so... oops, ssshhh... No one heard the plans! It's a secret...

Right now I have the name FretFury in mind, but I don't know, I'm using that for the title for now anyways.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
lostsoul5673 said:
One of the first plans was text files if nothing else, but that would be hard so... oops, ssshhh... No one heard the plans! It's a secret...

Right now I have the name FretFury in mind, but I don't know, I'm using that for the title for now anyways.
Great! But I think all the "FretFury" needs not to be posted here (post something). Go FretFury!!!!

Moonlite

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
K now the two .ogg files per song but in Frets on fire there is a song.ogg and a guitar.ogg so ya if its like FoF then one is when the notes are being hit it increases
the volume just a bit where as it stays at a lower im playing it right now so im just testing my theory

k so it stays one volume but whether or not its that if you miss a note it doesnt play the guitar

so the files appear to be:

Song.ogg = drums bass
Guitar.ogg = guitar

now im not sure about the other filevocal then the vocal the vocal but if it isnt a vocal file then vocals will be included in the song file

cosmo2389

Trophies
Website
www.myotaku.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Song.ogg = drums bass
Guitar.ogg = guitar

now im not sure about the other filevocal then the vocal the vocal but if it isnt a vocal file then vocals will be included in the song file

Actually if you open the .ogg files up in a music program you will find that they are exactly the same, just their names are different... (At least this is the case with all of them that I have checked!) So you can just convert .mp3 to .ogg then copy and rename!

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It isn't official yet, but a team of us will try and make a GH homebrew for the DS. It will be hard, but it should be possible.

cosmo2389

Trophies
Website
www.myotaku.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
It isn't official yet, but a team of us will try and make a GH homebrew for the DS. It will be hard, but it should be possible.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone working on FretFury, I mean, I know it's not anywhere near completion yet, but thanks so much for already investing so much time in something that I know will be awesome!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, The way Guitar Hero works is the the Guitar.ogg is the guitar part which is not played if you miss the note, The song.ogg is the vocals,bass,drums,etc, which is always played.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but we've known that for a while. Besides, we're working on a homebrew Guitar Hero which will make custom songs easier. I know there is a homebrew game called DDRlite, which can load custom songs. I'll try to find the source so we can so how it loads the files.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What kind of files does it load for customs? .mid? That would help A LOT! Or .chart, but probably not. Well, let's let this go to customs on On Tour, and we'll start on FretFury, if anyone want to help just post please!

QUOTE said:
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone working on FretFury, I mean, I know it's not anywhere near completion yet, but thanks so much for already investing so much time in something that I know will be awesome!
Thanks the support.

masterjail

Trophies
XP
Country
How are you planning to make custom songs?

I mean ... if I would make a custom song and I have the mp3 or ogg file of that song ... I think I should separate the guitar and the rest of the song into two different files, doesn't it?
wacko.gif
How this can be done?

Or is there another easy way?

Sorry but I'm really very new to this kind of games ...

Moonlite

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
g0dia said:
is there stil somebody working on a gob compiler?
or is know everybody working on this FretFury Stuff?

i dont think the gob complier is the topic anymore becuase even if its made it might not work plus if it does work and we cant add custom songs by the acual game rom then we wasted all this time so i think we should focus on the homebrew that is acually more plausable then the other

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: A type of fish