ROM Hack Guitar Hero On Tour - Custom songs?

cosmo2389

Trophies
Website
www.myotaku.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Why not do a Homebrew Guitar Hero Game like Guitar Fun for the Wii ?

I mean, without a Gob complier isn't it quite pointless ?

I was hoping someone would do this myself! I mean then it would be quite easy to put in new songs and if they used the same format as Guitarfun then there are already plenty of songs to choose from! Also since Guitarfun is so basic, couldn't a DS port be possible?

ShineStar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
At this point, I think it would be easier for osmeone to just make a GH DS homebrew game that works with the grip. If someone does that, and allows people to add their own songs easier, it might be more simple then having someone make a gob compiler...

Tragoedia181

B*tch I Look Like Goku!!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ShineStar said:
At this point, I think it would be easier for osmeone to just make a GH DS homebrew game that works with the grip. If someone does that, and allows people to add their own songs easier, it might be more simple then having someone make a gob compiler...
thats not a bad idea

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
ShineStar said:

This is a great idea (I really am surprised none of US thought of it).

I'm going to start learning PAlib for others and my benefit. I want to help create something worth the effort.

So, who else wants to help (BTW, I have a little PAlib experience, so we're not totally screwed)?

EDIT: Here's a little something I put together in 2 minutes: BrickBust DS Demo (I just fixed the transparency). I know it has nothing to do with GH Homebrew, but it's a start of programming..

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:
This is a great idea (I really am surprised none of US thought of it).

I'm going to start learning PAlib for others and my benefit. I want to help create something worth the effort.

So, who else wants to help (BTW, I have a little PAlib experience, so we're not totally screwed)?

EDIT: Here's a little something I put together in 2 minutes: BrickBust DS Demo (I just fixed the transparency). I know it has nothing to do with GH Homebrew, but it's a start of programming..

Hey hey hey! I thought of the idea first. >.< But of course I have no homebrew experience, I would like to help there, but I can't, I'd rip the images. But good luck, thanks for taking MY idea... But if someone here made something.

me
Well, everybody should know that there is a DS homebrew that uses the Guitar Grip, so a homebrew is possible for now of Guitar Hero, they already made one on the Wii with a lot of support, so I think a homebrew would be easier, but we have to try for now at customs on On Tour. We are close, but most of us a useless at this point, well I am.

Okay, but good luck.
biggrin.gif

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think we just have to wait for the next GH on the DS comes out. Maybe we have more luck by then.
And until then, let's hope for a homebrew or a GOB compiler
tongue.gif

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, whoever want to start maybe the homebrew. I gave up on my hack because to me, I think people might want a GH homebrew first. So anyone want to start it or something? I could start learning how to code and use PAlib. So anyone in for it? I would like to help!

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, we can start whenever we get time, and don't post a disscussion topic for it yet until we get far enough. I would start now, but dial-up is SOOOO slow, and the internet is still down. I am barely on the PAlib file. Then I need the other DevKit and PAlib, but I have to get off in a bit. So if you could get a good guide on coding that would be sweet, and a GH font and some sprites? Like the gems?

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, that's neat, but if we ever get a version released it may not have much of quality in the first, but time to come back into the present. I will try to get all the files downloaded today and start learning, maybe get something done. But I think a IM or live chat would be faster than an message board. I have gmail.

wait, it's for mobile, but I might be able to recolor some things to get the four buttons, it's only one more, I can. So if this double post my internet was acting up.
tongue.gif

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If someone could maybe get the source code of the paint program that uses the guitar grip, or the hexes or something, the code.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey ACX, sorry about that, I was disconnected, and I was barley able to get on. Looks like the internet won't get fixed soon, since I heard the road was closed because of flooding. So no one can get over there.

I got the blue gem finished, I need to work on getting when the button isn't pressed.

wazmo

Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
Canada

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
It seems that Agent Fury is new to programming, so we should be able to get a head start. BassAceGold is the creator of UAPaint, which uses the Guitar Grip. Once we get the source of the grip demo, we can start make a base for our game.

EDIT: I made a little demo thing to indicate which button is being held. Can someone with a grip tell me if it works right? Here's the link: Guitar Grip Demo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SnowStormAkikaze @ SnowStormAkikaze: Hey :) If I book mark the topic where can I read them?