ROM Hack Guitar Hero On Tour - Custom songs?

ShakeBunny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems that we are getting a bit off topic here. I'm as excited about Nintendo's E3 as the next guy, but we really need .gob packer.

Swatkinz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK thankz, abridgedravemaster
biggrin.gif

Swatkinz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I am STILL looking for someone to help, I have a friend that knows tons about computers, but Im not sure if he knows Hex code...
frown.gif
I'll call him today
smile.gif
or maybe he can learn it fast and then make one, because I know he could learn hex code faster then any of us.

Guys I made a Forum on the customs site! Create user and start posting, Click Here

Also who wants there Email put on the Contact Us page as user support? You will be considered an Admin
To be an admin you must know how the customs work, things such as adding the songs, making songs, overall you need to know how to do it your self, and be able to explain to others.

Also does anyone have any suggestions for new forum categories and topics? For the customs website

nitrodude150

Trophies
Website
nitrodude150.googlepages.com
XP
Country
United States
Swatkinz said:
Well I am STILL looking for someone to help, I have a friend that knows tons about computers, but Im not sure if he knows Hex code...
frown.gif
I'll call him today
smile.gif
or maybe he can learn it fast and then make one, because I know he could learn hex code faster then any of us.

Guys I made a Forum on the customs site! Create user and start posting, Click Here

Also who wants there Email put on the Contact Us page as user support? You will be considered an Admin
To be an admin you must know how the customs work, things such as adding the songs, making songs, overall you need to know how to do it your self, and be able to explain to others.

Also does anyone have any suggestions for new forum categories and topics? For the customs website
DuDE! The post button for a create new topic is blocked the the Footer!! AHH!! Also, For forum suggestions, you should have a 'Official release forum' and have stickys of releases there, that way, people can use their own uploads. Also, it would be an easy way to add songs to the database as opposed to going thru e-mails or what not........ Also, I'd love to be in the contact us page, From what HAS BEEN released of doing custom songs, I can do no problem, and I'm also working on a custom song, so I'd love to help =P So ya.... Love the Website
yaynds.gif

Bkid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly can't understand why we have a gob decompiler but not a compiler. That doesn't make any sense to me..

So what I'm going to do is decompile ungob.exe and hopefully get a perl script work tinkering with. The way I see it, if you take apart the file that is used to extract the gob, you can find a way to recompile the gob.
smile.gif

PS I don't know perl so I can at least make the script public to anyone who does.

Keshire

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bkid said:
So what I'm going to do is decompile ungob.exe and hopefully get a perl script work tinkering with.

It'd be quicker to find the .gob file specification and write something from scratch. If there is no compiler then that means the person doesn't know enough of the file specification to rebuild it.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bkid said:
I honestly can't understand why we have a gob decompiler but not a compiler. That doesn't make any sense to me..

So what I'm going to do is decompile ungob.exe and hopefully get a perl script work tinkering with. The way I see it, if you take apart the file that is used to extract the gob, you can find a way to recompile the gob.
smile.gif

PS I don't know perl so I can at least make the script public to anyone who does.
simple comparison that should make it easier to understand why there's no gob compiler.
2-3 year old kids can unwrap present right?
but don't ask them to wrap one up, they won't be able to do it properly.

unwrapping a present(taking apart a package file) is much easier than putting it back together.

nitrodude150

Trophies
Website
nitrodude150.googlepages.com
XP
Country
United States
thedicemaster said:
simple comparison that should make it easier to understand why there's no gob compiler.

unwrapping a present(taking apart a package file) is much easier than putting it back together.
Niiice!

Bkid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still think it's worth a shot. And if not, I guess someone will write one from scratch. But good luck finding someone who can do that and wants to make custom songs for this game at the same time 0_o

jowan

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
NEWS! GH On Tour EUR is out and has some diffetent songs.
i looked in google for gob compiler and i found a lot of files but i dont know how to use them cuz only has files unknown to me and my english isnt good enough to understand everything from the page so if anyone interested heres are some links

ftp://ftp.5z.com/pub/gob/
ftp://ftp.5z.com/pub/gob/RPMS/
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gob2/2.0/
http://www.5z.com/jirka/gob.html

and the link from the page
http://osdir.com/ml/gnome.devtools.gob.gen...0/msg00000.html

Bkid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah Jowan, I was looking into those exact sites last night. Not sure what all can be accomplished (if anything), but it's worth a shot.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did some googling:
QUOTE said:
EU version

* Beatsteaks - "Monster"
* Blink-182 - "All The Small Things"
* Bloc Party - "Helicopter"
* Europe - "Rock the Night"
* Freezepop - "I Am Not Your Gameboy"
* Heroes del Silencio - "Avalancha"
* Incubus - "Anna Molly"
* Jet - "Are You Gonna Be My Girl"
* Kiss - "Rock And Roll All Nite"
* Lynyrd Skynyrd - "I Know A Little"
* Mademoiselle K - "Ca Me Vexe"
* Maroon 5 - "This Love"
* Nirvana - "Breed"
* No Doubt - "Spiderwebs"
* OK Go - "Do What You Want"
* Ozzy Osbourne - "I Don’t Wanna Stop"
* Pat Benatar - "Hit Me With Your Best Shot"
* Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Knock Me Down"
* Santana - "Black Magic Woman"
* Skid Row - "Youth Gone Wild"
* Smash Mouth - "All Star"
* Stevie Ray Vaughan - "Pride And Joy"
* Stray Cats - "Stray Cat Strut"
* Tokio Hotel - "Monsoon"
* Twisted Sister - "We're Not Gonna Take It"
* ZZ Top - "La Grange"

US version

* Blink-182 - "All The Small Things"
* Bloc Party - "Helicopter"
* Daughtry - "What I Want"
* Freezepop - "I Am Not Your Gameboy"
* Incubus - "Anna Molly"
* Jet - "Are You Gonna Be My Girl"
* Kiss - "Rock And Roll All Nite"
* Los Lonely Boys - "Heaven"
* Lynyrd Skynyrd - "I Know A Little"
* Maroon 5 - "This Love"
* Nirvana - "Breed"
* No Doubt - "Spiderwebs"
* OK Go - "Do What You Want"
* Ozzy Osbourne - "I Don’t Wanna Stop"
* Pat Benatar - "Hit Me With Your Best Shot"
* Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Knock Me Down"
* Rick Springfield - "Jesse's Girl"
* Santana - "Black Magic Woman"
* Skid Row - "Youth Gone Wild"
* Smash Mouth - "All Star"
* Steve Miller Band - "Jet Airliner"
* Stevie Ray Vaughan - "Pride And Joy"
* Stray Cats - "Stray Cat Strut"
* The Doobie Brothers - "China Grove"
* Twisted Sister - "We're Not Gonna Take It"
* ZZ Top - "La Grange"

Oh noes! TH _o_

Bkid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nitrodude150 said:
thedicemaster said:

Niiice!

What? You do realize that makes no sense, right? You can unwrap a present, but you can also learn how the present was originally wrapped as you unwrap it, if done correctly. Putting a 2-3 year old into the equation is just adding in unnecessary variables, since it only has to do with the competence of the person doing the job.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PiiXM51oBo