spark32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Then I don't know what I've done wrong.

I have CIOS223 Installed IOS36 merged with IOS37

I have configureable USB Loader set to use IOS223 MLoad.

Click load, I can hear my iPod clicking, but it won't load!

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
spark32 said:

get a real hdd. there not that expensive, the price of an actual game.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spark32 said:

It has got to be an incompatibility with the Ipod and the ehcmodule in Hermes IOS then. Did you try V2 of the IOS instead? V3 is the latest (one I am using), but you can find V2 quite easily with a google search for "ios202-222-223_offline-installer". I would recommend trying that...

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xzxero said:
spark32 said:

get a real hdd. there not that expensive, the price of an actual game.
Or just try a USB key/drive first to see if it works. You must have one of those laying around don't you?

spark32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok I'll try V2. If it doesn't work, nothing is ever going to.

And I think it might be that because the only USB Loader that rejects my iPod completely is uLoader. Every other USB Loader will read it.

edit: And this ipod is the only USB device I have that has enough room to hold at least one game. Why else would I use it?

adtobano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
new to this so forgive me for being a noob. Where is IOS56-64-V5146.wad on the disk? I am using WiiScrubber but cannot find the file.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
spark32 said:

And I think it might be that because the only USB Loader that rejects my iPod completely is uLoader. Every other USB Loader will read it.

edit: And this ipod is the only USB device I have that has enough room to hold at least one game. Why else would I use it?

u dont have to use uLoader to use cIOS 222/223, you just tell what loader you use to boot the game using IOS 222/223

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
parrurreichon said:
can anyone confirm the Rock Band Controllers Compatibility ? some IGN screens showed a 4 drum highway, but nobody said a word :/

I can confirm the Rock Band controllers work
smile.gif
I've tried using the RB 1 controllers and they work flawlessly.

QUOTE(tripellex @ Aug 29 2009, 03:51 AM) Okay guys, we seem to go through this headache everytime a new extremely anticipated game is released, and that is, mixed issues of compatibility, etc (Ghostbusters comes to mind). So here's my suggestion: IF you have the game working for you, then tell us EXACTLY what you have installed, to the best of your knowledge. This includes:

• What loader (if any) you are using, and whether or not you are using a disc loader (like Gecko or NeoGamma), USB loader or disc channel
  • What settings in said loader you are using
  • What cIOSes you have installed
  • What system firmware you are using
  • Whether or not you have a Modchip or not

Thats IF you have the game running. So please, give your fellow gamers a hand IF you have it working. Thanks.

I'm on a PAL wii, 3.1, have a modchip and cIOS 13 I think. I got it working through the disc channel after installing the wad. Before that I had a black screen.
I also used the ancient freeloader, as I do with all my NTSC games.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
spark32 said:

u dont have to use uLoader to use cIOS 222/223, you just tell what loader you use to boot the game using IOS 222/223

Well, he is doing that, but V3 of Hermes cIOS has some changes for extended device support...which may have also broken *some* previous device support. Maybe if he tries V2 with the older drivers it'll work for him. Worth a shot...

spark32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I also have another theory. Why is my ipod actually clicking? No other games do that.

So I reextracted the file (the 1st time, it did it by itself, Jdownloader), but this time with Winrar. 4 files appear to be corrupt. So I am going to re download them, delete GH5 off the USB device, put the new 100% uncorrupt file onto the USB device, see if it works, if not, I'll install Hermes v2, and try.

If that doesn't work, then I give up and will have to wait to play on the 1st on my PS3 (I wanted to try it before I bought it, I was gonna buy anyways but who wouldn't want to play early?).

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
maybe but his post came across to me as if he was usiing uLoader to boot GH5, and not selecting IOS 222/223 from within a different loader.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here's an idea for softmod users:

1) Buy the game.
2) Sarcasm aside, create IOS 223 on your Wii by combining IOS 36 and 37. Then, patch the ISO to boot off of IOS 223. I don't know if it'll work, but give it a whirl.

tripellex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tripellex said:
Okay guys, we seem to go through this headache everytime a new extremely anticipated game is released, and that is, mixed issues of compatibility, etc (Ghostbusters comes to mind). So here's my suggestion: IF you have the game working for you, then tell us EXACTLY what you have installed, to the best of your knowledge. This includes:

• What loader (if any) you are using, and whether or not you are using a disc loader (like Gecko or NeoGamma), USB loader or disc channel
  • What settings in said loader you are using
  • What cIOSes you have installed
  • What system firmware you are using
  • Whether or not you have a Modchip or not

Thats IF you have the game running. So please, give your fellow gamers a hand IF you have it working. Thanks.

I can confirm Cookie's method of getting it to work. No offense though, Cookie, but you should have just posted it here rather, which I'm going to do. Seems pointless to go sign up for another board when this one is just as good for posting.

From Cookie's original post at WarezBB:

This is My Guide to Getting Guitar Hero 5 to load up useing Usb loader gx

Install this wad via wad manager

http://rapidshare.com/files/272838683/IOS5...-v5146.wad.html

its required to play!

Download Hermes IOS

http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223

Im assumeing you already have Usb Loader Gx (latest Build)
and the Hombrew Channel installed

1. step load up Hommebrew Channel
2. start the cIOS 222 Installer
3. Read the warning message and push A
4. Select IOS249 to perform the install and press A
5. Select to Install Custom IOS 222
6. The Select IOS merged with IOS60 & 36
7. Let it Install and Reboot.
8. Open Up Homebrew Channel (may Restart in homebrew Channel
9. tart the cIOS 222 Installer
10. Read the warning message and push A
11. Select IOS249 to perform the install and press A
12. Select to Install Custom IOS 223
13. The Select IOS merged with IOS60 & 36
14. Install it
Now When you done installing it Open Usb Loader gx
now find Guitar Hero 5 and and Go to settings and select ios 223 and activate fix 002 and press b and then click on the disk and it should work.

Note that this is not mine, but Cookie238's guide, he/she deserves the credit.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:

1) Buy the game.
2) Sarcasm aside, create IOS 223 on your Wii by combining IOS 36 and 37. Then, patch the ISO to boot off of IOS 223. I don't know if it'll work, but give it a whirl.

Well, it does work...and you don't have to patch. Just select to use 223 for this specific game in your loader settings.

az09456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:

1) Buy the game.

This didn't work for me, and I've tried multiple things to get it to work with no success.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tripellex said:
1. step load up Hommebrew Channel
2. start the cIOS 222 Installer
3. Read the warning message and push A
4. Select IOS249 to perform the install and press A
5. Select to Install Custom IOS 222
6. The Select IOS merged with IOS60 & 36
7. Let it Install and Reboot.

You can eliminate ALL of these steps. Why would you even be bothered with installing IOS 222 (merged the same as 223 no less) when you are not even using it in the loader? If you select to use 223, you are using...well...223.

Also, why is IOS56 required? I do not have that IOS on my system at all and have been playing it all night. Finally, you best remove that wad link before someone comes after you
smile.gif

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:
zektor: I was referring to a disc-based loader, were you referring to a USB Loader?

Ahh...long day
smile.gif
Hmm...it might work. Or, can't this be loaded in Softchip and just try to use 223? I haven't messed with disc based backups in some time..

spark32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so it's not GH5 image thats the issue 4 me.

But now when I go to install Hermes CIOS Rev2 I get an error. Now what do I do? Anyone have another source other than the 1st one. Because I think the files might be corrupt.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I've always been kind to @AncientBoi