Hacking Guitar Hero 5

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spark32 said:
Ok so it's not GH5 image thats the issue 4 me.

But now when I go to install Hermes CIOS Rev2 I get an error. Now what do I do? Anyone have another source other than the 1st one. Because I think the files might be corrupt.

Use the wads inside of the package you find on google.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just infomational:

3.2U wii, wiikey 1 clone, 1.9s, block update off
installed the ios wad from a download via Wad Manager from homebrew channel using IOS249
burned the iso, without removing the update

plays fine, did not ask for me to update
smile.gif

spark32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
zektor said:
spark32 said:
Ok so it's not GH5 image thats the issue 4 me.

But now when I go to install Hermes CIOS Rev2 I get an error. Now what do I do? Anyone have another source other than the 1st one. Because I think the files might be corrupt.

Use the wads inside of the package you find on google.

Should I use those in the Wad Manager? Because I've tried using Hermes CIOS Manager V2 to install them, but it gives me error ret-1017.

Is it because I have V3 installed? I don't know how to uninstall V3.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you have trucha issues with installing wads. Look for Trucha Bug Restorer in the forums. I don't see how you do however...assuming you had 249 installed.

On a side note, this is something of a memorable occasion. This is the first time that I have ever seen a game that would not load on a Waninkoko cIOS, but will on Hermes cIOS. Usb loading wise at least afaik. But the real question is: Why on a technical standpoint?

spark32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah because 3.2 already has the Trucha Bug and that's what I'm using. And I do have 249 installed.

But I'll run it anyways, then try V2 again.

Edit: it says that I might brick my wii with the current IOS installed. I'm really not looking to go through with it.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a d2pro mod chip and my wii is soft modded, do I need to download that wad file or is it not necessary, do I just burn it and play it through the disc channel? I am on firmware 4.0 thanks

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
OncleJulien said:
zektor said:
So, you can install 222 as 37 merge 36 OR 223 as 37 merge 36. Either of these installs will allow the game to work with Configurable USB Loader. I did not test any other loaders...
this works perfectly for me on usbloader gx 715, with rev14.
Then you have to be pretty special, considering everyone else's account of trying it with rev14 ended up in a black screen.
although i already had, and loaded, usb peripheral rhythm games through a previous installation of hermes 222/223, i found no combination of settings mentioned here to work for me, so i reinstalled it via this package, and the game loads and plays fine. i'm very much enjoying the greatly enhanced mii freestylin'.

darkten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just adding my two cents.

This title works fine from WBFS/USB drive.

If you are on 4.1 and are already loading thing, you are good to go.

You simply need to, as has been stated, make a merged 36/37 IOS and install as 223.

If your loader allows you to choose which cIOS to use, use 223.

That's it.

-d10

buvk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
for those of you having problems getting it working
i installed cios223 merge ios 37 w/36 and was still getting blackscreen
i updated ios56, same deal
i then remembered that i had used ios downgrader to downgrade like everything up to ios36, so i used dop ios to upgrade everything to the latest version, and then trucha/esidentify patched ios36
after that, it worked

uljoe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

spark32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
buvk said:
i installed cios223 merge ios 37 w/6 and was still getting blackscreen
i then remembered that i had used ios downgrader to downgrade like everything up to ios36, so i used dop ios to upgrade everything to the latest version, and then trucha/esidentify patched ios36
after that, it worked

What firmware are you on? And can you tell me how to do what you did after the ios 37 w/6 & ios56?

buvk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
spark32 said:
buvk said:
after that, it worked

What firmware are you on? And can you tell me how to do what you did after the ios 37 w/6 & ios56?

using DOP IOS, I manually upgraded (didn't patch) all IOS's up to IOS36 (nothing past this IOS), IOS36 I updated to the latest version, trucha patched and ES Identify patched... if you try DOP IOS youll know what i mean

spark32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
buvk said:
spark32 said:
buvk said:
after that, it worked

using DOP IOS, I manually upgraded (didn't patch) all IOS's up to IOS36 (nothing past this IOS), IOS36 I updated to the latest version, trucha patched and ES Identify patched... if you try DOP IOS youll know what i mean

Thanks. I'll try it out. I'm having the same problems you had, and I probably downgraded all of my IOS's when I downgraded my wii from 3.4 to 3.2.

edit: is ES Identify included in the Trucha Bug Restorer?

parrurreichon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
CEpeep said:
What does the game do if you have the hacked GHWT DLC on your SD card?

i think you dont get your hacked dlc on GH5, cause the ticket used isn´t validated like the Rock Band ones, you will just get the dlc thats free or that you bought.

magicwii411

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on 4.1U using the ULTIMATE System Menu 4.1 Guide from here:

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/wii-news/ult...usb-107159.html

I have installed the IOS 56, I have had Hermes 222/223 with 36 and 37 merged with no go. Just black screens when loading the game.

I think that buvk is on to something that might be effecting a lot of us that followed this above procedure, but I'm not quite sure what to do.

Would someone shine some light on if this indeed might be why this isn't working for some of us? And if so, can someone with some more knowledge than I on this create a step-by-step explanation on how to use this DOP-IOS without messing up everything?

It makes sense in a way how this would resolve the issue, but I am not thinking outside of following those directions with usage regarding DOP-IOS and Trucha Bug Restorer and don't want my other game backups to stop working.

Thanks!!!

Cookie238

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
magicwii411 said:
I am on 4.1U using the ULTIMATE System Menu 4.1 Guide from here:

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/wii-news/ult...usb-107159.html

I have installed the IOS 56, I have had Hermes 222/223 with 36 and 37 merged with no go. Just black screens when loading the game.

I think that buvk is on to something that might be effecting a lot of us that followed this above procedure, but I'm not quite sure what to do.

Would someone shine some light on if this indeed might be why this isn't working for some of us? And if so, can someone with some more knowledge than I on this create a step-by-step explanation on how to use this DOP-IOS without messing up everything?

It makes sense in a way how this would resolve the issue, but I am not thinking outside of following those directions with usage regarding DOP-IOS and Trucha Bug Restorer and don't want my other game backups to stop working.

Thanks!!!

Are U useing 223 or 222 ios when u load the game????

magicwii411

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using 223 when trying to load the game. I am using the latest build of USB Loader GX.

Edit: I don't know if this helps any, but I have been using Rock Band 2 with IOS 249 because the 223 wasn't allowing it to load (also a black screen). 222 works with Smash Bros Brawl. And every other game seems to work okay on 249 using Rev14.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Redleviboy123 @ Redleviboy123: Question about game texture chanching Do i need an own game id?