Hacking Guitar Hero 5

Rudi Rastelli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok.. Game works here with HERMES cIOS, but....
Anyone tried the DS-connectivity ?
... I got a bleeping noise und Wii not responding on cfgLoader.
Dont have ISO56 on my system.

EDIT:
DS-Connectivity works now !
Installed IOS56 !
Great fun btw...
grog.gif

Regards
Rudi

Cookie238

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rudi Rastelli said:
Ok.. Game works here with HERMES cIOS, but....
Anyone tried the DS-connectivity ?
... I got a bleeping noise und Wii not responding on cfgLoader.
Dont have ISO56 on my system.

Regards
Rudi

Ill try it tomarrow and get back to you

and for everyone ill make a gameplay video

If you are interested

I will also make a video of my guide incase u did not get it right or understand im sorry i was typeing fast and i make lots of errors when i do

sorry for the double post also

magicwii411

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did follow it word for word. Just to be safe, I reinstalled both 222 and 223 after your last post, and made sure the USB Loader GX settings were enabled for the 002 Fix -> On and IOS 223. I am on firmware 4.1U per following the link in the first of my posts. Only modifications I've done since then were the 222/223 installation, updating to Rev 14 249, the IOS56 installation (installed using WAD manager).

This black screen is a major pain!!! =\

The only thing I can think of now is that this IOS downgrade that was done during my initial installation may require me to update my IOS files up to 36 as someone posted success with. I just don't understand how this process he described works without messing everything up!

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tripellex said:
I can confirm Cookie's method of getting it to work. No offense though, Cookie, but you should have just posted it here rather, which I'm going to do. Seems pointless to go sign up for another board when this one is just as good for posting.

From Cookie's original post at WarezBB:

This is My Guide to Getting Guitar Hero 5 to load up useing Usb loader gx

Install this wad via wad manager

http://rapidshare.com/files/272838683/IOS5...-v5146.wad.html

its required to play!

Download Hermes IOS

http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223

Im assumeing you already have Usb Loader Gx (latest Build)
and the Hombrew Channel installed

1. step load up Hommebrew Channel
2. start the cIOS 222 Installer
3. Read the warning message and push A
4. Select IOS249 to perform the install and press A
5. Select to Install Custom IOS 222
6. The Select IOS merged with IOS60 & 36
7. Let it Install and Reboot.
8. Open Up Homebrew Channel (may Restart in homebrew Channel
9. tart the cIOS 222 Installer
10. Read the warning message and push A
11. Select IOS249 to perform the install and press A
12. Select to Install Custom IOS 223
13. The Select IOS merged with IOS60 & 36
14. Install it
Now When you done installing it Open Usb Loader gx
now find Guitar Hero 5 and and Go to settings and select ios 223 and activate fix 002 and press b and then click on the disk and it should work.

Note that this is not mine, but Cookie238's guide, he/she deserves the credit.

Did all this and still getting a black screen on 4.1U and the latest USB Loader GX.

sray2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did this and still doesn't work....
Info:
4.1U
Softmodded with 249 Rev 10...updating to Rev 14
Tried the method down below, and nothing but a black screen...Uugghh !!!
I can see it load into the disc channel, but cannot load it thru it....I am also running NeoGamma v6. Think I have v7 somewhere around here...
Anybody has it working thru a disc loader, NOT a USB hard drive.....Hoping to get one soon !!!

** I have tried everything mentioned here and nothng seems to make this game load thru a disc loader.......better get me a WD Passport HD !! 250G for $60 at wally world !! lol

"I've got it to work through a disc loader.

Install this wad.

Download and run multicios, and install IOS 37 as IOS 232.
http://rapidshare.com/files/272876067/multicios.zip

Download and run SoftChip, make sure to use IOS 232 and make sure the 002 Fix is enabled.
http://rapidshare.com/files/272875815/SoftChip.zip

Turn it up to 11 and rock out!"

spark32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
buvk said:
spark32 said:
buvk said:
for those of you having problems getting it working
i installed cios223 merge ios 37 w/6 and was still getting blackscreen
i updated ios56, same deal
i then remembered that i had used ios downgrader to downgrade like everything up to ios36, so i used dop ios to upgrade everything to the latest version, and then trucha/esidentify patched ios36
after that, it worked

What firmware are you on? And can you tell me how to do what you did after the ios 37 w/6 & ios56?

using DOP IOS, I manually upgraded (didn't patch) all IOS's up to IOS36 (nothing past this IOS), IOS36 I updated to the latest version, trucha patched and ES Identify patched... if you try DOP IOS youll know what i mean

So did you upgrade like IOS01, IOS02, IOS03.... IOS36?

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it to load in USB Loader GX by Loading up Hermes, selecting 249, installing 222 with 36 and 37 merged. I selected 222 and anti 002 in the game settings. Works fine now.

EDIT: Also works in Configurable USB Loader by choosing 222-mload and turning on anti 002.

grentuu

Trophies
XP
Country
CEpeep said:
What does the game do if you have the hacked GHWT DLC on your SD card?

After install it picked up all the hacked DLC. It shows up in the list with an icon with SD next to it and plays perfectly.

I have 184 titles
smile.gif

There are so many different configurations it is going to be different for different people. What has become obvious is that even with a hard modded wii you have to have install Hermes 223 merged with 36/37. I am not sure if it matters but it does work with 4.1E as that is what mine is also I have 38 rev 14.

I so far have only been able to get it to work with loaders where I can stipulate the ios to play it from and change it to 223.

Some of the new features:

Hacked DLC works!
You can play 4 player all with guitars.
Upto 8 players online:)

Drnick

Trophies
XP
Country
Another one of the Black screen issues. I load most of my games through the disc channel rather then through a loader.

OK I have Pal 4.0 with Modchip (D2sun), I also have various loaders etc installed. I don't really want to install Herme's and all that stuff, is there anything I can do other then install the wad (done) and brickblock the iso (not yet done).

Tried with Test 1/2/3 (As per ghostbusters issues) and 1 & 2 go to black screen and 3 gives me 002 error.

Cheers,

grentuu

Trophies
XP
Country
Drnick said:
I don't really want to install Herme's and all that stuff, is there anything I can do other then install the wad (done) and brickblock the iso (not yet done).

Cheers,

One common theme seems to be is that the game wants the revised 223 cios to work. I haven't seen any other workaround. Doesn't mean there isn't one but one hasn't comeout of the woodwork yet.

Is there any reason you don't want to. Was painless enough to do?

magicwii411

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering a lot of people are saying, "Just install Hermes! It works", and the one person having a similar issue to me here that has resolved but has not responded about which of the IOS's below 36 to update, which options to select (are they all with the Trucha bug? I'd hate to update them all and find out they were not supposed to have it!), and updating IOS 36 from the current version just doesn't sound right to get one single game working (74 others work fine).

So, I have questions to raise for those of you who DO have it working using Hermes and etc:

1) Which version of IOS 36 are you patching from? I am running IOS 36 v1042 and my 222/223 patches don't work
2) Which version of IOS 60 are you using? v6174 here (with Trucha bug)
3) Does anyone on here with experience doing this for a while recommend I do not start updating my IOS's? (I'm a n00b to this, obviously)

And, for recap, my system has the following and is not loading: 4.1U (NTSC), 249 rev 14, 222/223 (tried v2 and v3, 30/60 and the other combinations), the IOS56 v5146, USB Loader GX (wad version - latest from update server), and only software hacked using 4.1 Ultimate Guide.

????
smile.gif

Rambytes

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a D2Pro chip, and from the disc the game load fine (i've install the update from the disc too) but not from the loader... like all here, I have a black screen...

So I will play from disc... i'm fine with that!
wink.gif

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just tried Wii Sports Resort after the Hermes install and... It doesn't work anymore. I tried everything. Alternate DOL stuff.. Nothing... Wi Sports Resort is officially DEAD! What to DOOOO???

So now I got a non-working GH5 and WSR as a result of this stupid Hermes thing. FUCK!

Farmhousemedia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
uljoe said:
I've got it to work through a disc loader.

Install this wad.

Download and run multicios, and install IOS 37 as IOS 232.
http://rapidshare.com/files/272876067/multicios.zip

Download and run SoftChip, make sure to use IOS 232 and make sure the 002 Fix is enabled.
http://rapidshare.com/files/272875815/SoftChip.zip

Turn it up to 11 and rock out!

I can confirm that this works for DISC loading!

For Multicios, Install 37 with 37 as IOS 232. IF you get an error, try again. I got 2 errors before it worked.

Softmod WON'T read the disc unless you have IOS 232 selected, and yes enable the 002 fix.

THANKS ULJOE!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol