Hacking Guitar Hero 5

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
al26105 said:
Any Info on SDHC Cards not being able to be used? Is there a fix or a certain way your supposed to format the card?
i've heard anecdotal claims, in relation to beatles rb, that state that no current cios supports sdhc, and therefore no sdhc-using game be use anything other than sd.

MandM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ukdevil said:
Ok ijust found this that worked a treat for me i used all the other triks and nothing worked but this worked a traet so good luck ppl hope this helps

OK so people have had a lot of problems getting Guitar Hero 5 Working on their Hacked Wii's And the way Most of you Know on how to load the game is By Softchip BUT i found a better way ;D

Step 1
First This is ONLY for people who Have SoftMii installed Or Preloader v0.29 With cIOSCorp v3.3 If you Don't Have Them Installed,
!!Get them!!.
SoftMii v3.0 (http://www.smdepot.net/zzk/Wii/Softmii3finally.rar)
Or
cIOSCORP v3.3 (http://www.smdepot.net/zzk/Wii/cIOSCORP_v3.3_dmm.zip)
Preloader v0.29 (http://www.smdepot.net/zzk/Wii/Preloader_v0.29.rar)

Step 2
If you Do not have Cios Rev 14 Installed
Download
Cios_Rev_14_+_IOS38-64-v3610.wad (http://www.smdepot.net/zzk/Wii/Cios_Rev_14_+_IOS38-64-v3610.wad.zip) Extract to your SD and Load HBC and Install this with 249 set

Step 3
Download cIOS56-64-v5146-rev14(custom_cios).rar (http://www.smdepot.net/zzk/Wii/cIOS56-64-v5146-rev14(custom_cios).rar)
extract and Place Both folders on the Root of the SD card then on the Wii Run HBC and Run the Installer
(It will Auto Install Then Wii Will Reboot)

Step 4
Play the damn Game ;D

(Side Notes)
This should work for USB loader and Disc channel.
If you have any questions just ask.

If for ANY reason people Need prof that GH5 runs off the Wii's Disc Channel
(with the above stuff installed) Here is a Little Video i made. GH5 Video (http://"www.smdepot.net/zzk/Wii/GH5_Video.rar")

Q&A's

Q: If i install the cIOS56-64-v5146-rev14 will i still be able to play my other games like Wii resort?

A: Yes, I have test close to all my games and Wii Resort and All still work.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: Cios Rev 14 is not installing (What am i doing wrong?)

A: copy the .wad to root of the SD card then the Cios to the Apps folder then Load the program and install with option 249, And make sure your using a SD card and Not a SDHC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: When I go into Systemmenu Hacks I have that : "hacks for your systemmenu version(v450) were found,No."

A: Ok here's some of the problems you May have.

1. I had to use an SD card that was not SDHC for my hacks.ini file to be read. Give that a shot.

2. Preloader/hacks - WiiBrew (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/hacks) Here are hacks.ini's for other version Wii's This may help as well (Just open the hacks.ini with notepad and copy/paste the text and save file.

Make sure when you place the hacks.ini in the root of the SD card that you reinstall the preloader so it installs the hacks.ini to your Nand
(or your just keep getting the same error as you never change anything)
Done, but still a Black screen.. Loaded it up in USB Loader GX, with settings for IOS on 249, since there is no cIOS 222 or 223 anymore and with error-002: on/anti, doesn't matter it just hangs..
frown.gif
(disabling Error-002, gives me the blue Error-002 screen)

ukdevil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if you have done all it says in the gude just run it from disk channel no need for other software aslong as you have it all set up right with preloader

MandM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ukdevil said:
if you have done all it says in the gude just run it from disk channel no need for other software aslong as you have it all set up right with preloader

I just work with the USB loader from a external HD. I don't have any backup DVD disks, just original ones and the ones on HD. Guitar Hero just loads faster from HD then from disk.
I got it to work afterwards with the Hermes installation cIOS 222 & 223. But then if I want to go back to the Wii system menu again, the wii hangs in the black screen again. I think I need to revirginize my Wii and start over. This doesn't work well, if my Wii hangs everytime I play a game..
frown.gif

It doesn't work with cIOS 249, which the guide suggests, since there isn't any Hermes install included...

agn015

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a NTSC Wii running 4.1U, with Homebrew 1.0.3, bootmii beta3, Configurable USB loader 42, Waninkoko's IOS249. At first I would only get the black screen, so I installed Hermes' IOS 222 and merged IOS37 with IOS38, and now the game boots and runs perfectly in Configurable USB loader 42. No need for any wads, just change the boot settings in Configurable USB loader to mload 222 and you're done.

scuj1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My 2p's worth...

I'm currently on 4.1E, with CIOS Rev14.

I installed Hermes via instructions here http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223 (V4)

After getting no success I ran the installer again but this time selected 223 (rather than 249) as the IOS to install on, then installed Custom IOS 223, merged with 38/37.

Selected IOS223 on USB Loader GX (uptodate) and it loaded 1st time!

Worth trying if your on PAL Wii and have a PAL backup of GH5.

EDIT: With 002 fix on!

alex350r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

Well heres what ive tried and so far had no success:

I've got a 3.2E wii - I downgraded from a newer firmware. It also has starfall installed.

I am using coverfloader to load my games - the latest version which I think is RC7?

I tried to run guitar hero 5 and it just hung with a black screen.

The first thing I read was to install IOS56, so I downloaded and install the WAD. This made no difference. I then installed IOS249 from scratch and then the Hermes' IOS 222/223 from here - GAF's Wii Homebrew Tutorial: Hermes' Ios222/223 as another post I read said to try this.

I then tried launching guitar hero again and got the 002 error so I enabled the 002 fix in coverfloader.

Long story short the game still hangs at a black screen, this is also true for Wii Sports Resort.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've read of some games need alternate dols?

Cheers,

Alex

MandM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is anyone else having problems with going back to the Wii-Menu? You can play the game, but afterwards going back to the Wii menu, just hangs at a black screen.. I just don't get it. It's the only game giving me problems..
frown.gif

4.1E + Waninkoko's cIOS rev.14 (249) + GH5 PAL
cIOSCorp 3.3 installed
Hermes v.3 cIOS 222 installed
Preloader 0.29
USB Loader GX (v.728) (Anti error 002, cIOS 222 and block IOS reload)

edg0023

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I still have problems with loading GH5.

I installed Hermes cios 222 and 223.

I load softchipr99 and change the ios to 222 or 223

I press "a"

and I get an error from softchip

it says in red

Exception: loctl error (DI_ReadID)

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

jovanah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Game loaded fine for me from USB HD, installed it last night and it booted up first go.

I’m running on
4.1E
Waninkoko's cIOS rev13
Configurable USB Loader
Hermes Cios 223 (I must admit I cant remember what I merged when I first installed this ages ago)

All I did was in Config USB loader just changed the game setting to load from “223 mloader”.

edg0023

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
edg0020 said:
I still have problems with loading GH5.

I installed Hermes cios 222 and 223.

I load softchipr99 and change the ios to 222 or 223

I press "a"

and I get an error from softchip

it says in red

Exception: loctl error (DI_ReadID)

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

I just found out what the error code means. This comes up when the game does not read the disc. I have to try again to see if it works.

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oke, I have done this:
Remove all GameCube memory cards and controllers.
This step is very important. Do not ignore it .
UnRAR uloader_v3.0B.rar and copy the apps/cios_installer/ directory to sd:/apps/
Start HomeBrew Channel and start the cIOS 222 Installer
Read the warning message and push A
Select IOS249 to perform the install with D-pad left/right and push A
Select to Install Custom IOS 222 and select IOS37 merged with IOS38
Wait for download and installation to complete
Start HomeBrew Channel and start the cIOS 222 Installer again
This time select Custom IOS 223 and select IOS60 merged with IOS38
IOS223 gives you an alternative option for merged IOS in this way. It is exactly the same as IOS222 otherwise.

Now I get a black screen when starting the game (I have choosen IOS 222 and IOS 223 in the game settings).

I have tried IOS 223 with 38 merged 37 installed and set in the settings for the game. Still blank screen.

What can I do now?
Does GH5 work on a 4.0E system?

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
slingshot27 said:
Oke, I have done this:
UnRAR uloader_v3.0B.rar and copy the apps/cios_installer/ directory to sd:/apps/
IOS223 gives you an alternative option for merged IOS in this way. It is exactly the same as IOS222 otherwise.

Now I get a black screen when starting the game (I have choosen IOS 222 and IOS 223 in the game settings).

I have tried IOS 223 with 38 merged 37 installed and set in the settings for the game. Still blank screen.

What can I do now?

I burned the ISO and it is running from the Disc Channel. I think I will just leave it and play it from the disc.
The game installed an update after that the game worked through the disc channel. Not through the USBLoader GX.

I did not use the DOP ISO updater yet. Would it work?

gloscherrybomb

Trophies
XP
Country
slingshot27 said:
Oke, I have done this:

What can I do now?

Read my guide a couple of pages back. I GUARANTEE it will work if you follow this instructions accurately. You need to use the older hermes rev 3 to install 222 as37/36.

AtomBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, just to add to pool of info

Wii 4.1E. orginal wiikey, usb loader gx (729?). have NTSC GH5, have changed wii shop channel to US. Cios Rev14, hermes 222 37/36 223 37/38 (usine rev 3.0B). load game using 222, 002 on (global settings), video on auto patch. works fine every time. Fully able to download songs and move to SD card (am using wii key to play real NTSC disc).

zalman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
scuj1 said:
My 2p's worth...

I'm currently on 4.1E, with CIOS Rev14.

I installed Hermes via instructions here http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223 (V4)

After getting no success I ran the installer again but this time selected 223 (rather than 249) as the IOS to install on, then installed Custom IOS 223, merged with 38/37.

Selected IOS223 on USB Loader GX (uptodate) and it loaded 1st time!

Worth trying if your on PAL Wii and have a PAL backup of GH5.

EDIT: With 002 fix on!
But can you use USB mics?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users