scotto67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
slingshot27 said:
theDirtyHarry said:
gloscherrybomb said:
OK, for those having problems with GX and Guitar Hero 5.

1. Use the ISO from your region... not a patched out of region.

2. Use Hermes CIOS222 REV3 installer not the newer 4. Very important.

3. Install using 249, IOS 222 as 37/36 merged
4. Install using 249, IOS 223 as 38/36 merged (for usb instrument compatibility)

Now... this is the important bit (taken from IRC help)

QUOTE said:
NOTES:
-If your global cIOS is 249
and you set an individual game's cIOS to 222/223, it will not always work. This
is a bug in cIOS 249. On the other hand, if you set your global boot to 222 and
set an individual boot to 249, it will work fine every time.

-If you
change your global boot cIOS you need to completely exit out of the loader and
restart it in order for the change to take effect. If you do not do this you
will get a black screen. It is also necessary to delete your GXgamesettings.cfg
file from your config folder on your SD/USB to prevent any setting conflicts
since anything in GXgamesettings.cfg overrides the GXglobal.cfg
file.

-Setting your global boot to 222 (installed as 37 merge 36) and
setting your global 002fix to ANTI will result in 99% compatibility with no
glitching/stuttering on IN REGION games. For OUT OF REGION games you need to
also set the Video Mode to AUTOPATCH. The 1% non-compatibility is from the
"please insert disc" games. However, those games are fully playable by simply
inserting any dvd into your drive (I just stick a blank one in) OR by loading
those specific games with cIOS 249 rev 12 or higher.

-Make sure you
always delete the 00000001 folder from the root of your SD/USB before doing any
network installation of cIOS 222/223. If you install cIOS 222 as just 36, you
will still get the same glitches found in cIOS 249 rev 14. 37 merge 36 is
necessary.

Pasted from Mibbit ajax IRC client, on 10-Sep-2009 22:37:10 UTC

So... In GX change your GLOBAL settings to use 222 (with merged 37/36) and fix 002 bug. This WILL load GH5, if it doesnt you havent followed the instructions properly or there is a conflict in your config files.

Thank's man! I just registered just to say you that. Thank's for posting this. I've been trying to work this out for days - finally it seems to work!
PS: For The Beatles: Rock Band I must use cIOS 249 (just for the game, not globally).

This did not work for me
frown.gif
Still the game is hanging.
If I run the game from disc (with wikkey) everything works fine

Followed this to the letter and it did not work.

Can people clarify:

002 fix: Anti ot Yes?
Does it matter I am on 3.2E?
Do you need to specify 249 for the game?

Cheers.

scotto67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
scotto67 said:
slingshot27 said:
I finally managed to play GH5 through loader USBLoader GX.

Installed hermes 222 and 223
Global settings:
002fix: anti
video: autopath

Very import last step:
In the game settings of GH5:
block IOS reload

This last step did the trick for me!

Hermes version 3 or 4?

Where is the option to block IOS relaod? Cant see this - am I on a different version of GX?

ITS WORKING - key thing was not to change the individual settings to 249!

BUT - in the game, in quick play mode, I can't see the chords to hit - there is a full bar of all the colours mixed in covered the guitar accross the way!!! Has anyone else had this?

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
scotto67 said:
slingshot27 said:

Global settings:

Very import last step:
block IOS reload

Hermes version 3 or 4?

Where is the option to block IOS relaod? Cant see this - am I on a different version of GX?

Hermes version 4. The block option is in the game settings not the global settings.
Hope this helps.

scotto67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
slingshot27 said:
scotto67 said:
slingshot27 said:

Global settings:

Very import last step:
block IOS reload

Hermes version 3 or 4?

Hermes version 4. The block option is in the game settings not the global settings.
Hope this helps.

I followed the same method only with Hermes v3 so it would appear that doesn't make a difference under these settings.

Game is unplayable for me though - the notes to hit don't show up in Quickplay and Career mode - only in training. I just see a line of all the colours accross the fretboard.

Anyone else had this?

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
scotto67 said:
slingshot27 said:
scotto67 said:
slingshot27 said:

Global settings:

Very import last step:
block IOS reload

Hermes version 3 or 4?

Hope this helps.

I followed the same method only with Hermes v3 so it would appear that doesn't make a difference under these settings.

Game is unplayable for me though - the notes to hit don't show up in Quickplay and Career mode - only in training. I just see a line of all the colours accross the fretboard.

Anyone else had this?

You need hermes version 4 (for usbloader gx).

new2wii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif

I've got it to work through a disc loader the 1st.time...
I had no doubt after seeing others having it work for them

Install this wad.
http://rapidshare.com/files/272838683/IOS5...-v5146.wad.html

Hey that 1 was removed,so I found it here.
http://sharebee.com/7b1cc6c4

Download and run multicios, and install IOS 37 as IOS 232.
http://rapidshare.com/files/272876067/multicios.zip

Meaning extract the file put it in the apps folder on your SD card.then putting the card in your Wii starting the homebrew channel and running the multiciois you just put there and by using the arrow pad on your wii-mote change the selected install to pick IOS37 as IOS 37dip as IOS 232 if you get messed up or confussed just hit the B button and your back in homebrew. Then again running the multicios and using the arrows...up/down/left/right select to INSTALL IOS37 as IOS 37dip as IOS 232

Download and run SoftChip, make sure to use IOS 232 and make sure the 002 Fix is enabled.
http://rapidshare.com/files/272875815/SoftChip.zip

Again extract the file put it in your apps folder and after you have the above done run this SoftChip,(and your G.H.5 disk in the dvd drive) launch the SoftChip and be sure to select it to use IOS232 I think the little + button changed the IOS to select and to enable the 002 error fix at the bottom again I think the arrows up/down scrolled you through them and the A button to select them or it was the arrows left/right and the A button launched the game either way this is coming from a nob!
lecture.gif

Turn it up to 11 and rock out!

I can confirm that this works for DISC loading!

For Multicios, Install 37 with 37 as IOS 232. IF you get an error, try again. Some people say they got several errors before it worked. As for me once is all it took after I figured out the way to run the multicios
biggrin.gif

Softmod WON'T read the disc unless you have IOS 232 selected, and yes enable the 002 fix.

If you still don't get it send me a PM and I'll try and walk you through it...

ALL The THANKS Go To ULJOE!
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
after all he posted this method 1st. I'm just hoping to help all those still having trouble.

tanfr079

Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
hi everyone since im new so i say hi ^^
so i had try install few times alrdy but gh5 still dun work T_T on my disk loader when i try run on SoftChip i get this error Ioctl error (DI_Read ID)
when i try backup launcher i get a green screen for 1-2 sec then it stay black. i did everything install the wad , ios 37 as ios 232 in softchip i choose ios 232 and 002 error on enable but still dun work. i had try burn the dvd 3 times also with 2x 4x and 8x speed but still dun work
could anyone help me please i try it alrdy 2 days long

thx in advance

tanfr079

Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
so i had try install few times alrdy but gh5 still dun work T_T on my disk loader when i try run on SoftChip i get this error Ioctl error (DI_Read ID)
when i try backup launcher i get a green screen for 1-2 sec then it stay black. i did everything install the wad , ios 37 as ios 232 in softchip i choose ios 232 and 002 error on enable but still dun work. i had try burn the dvd 3 times also with 2x 4x and 8x speed but still dun work

thx in advance

tanfr079

Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg

thx in advance

tanfr079

Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
im sorry why im posting 3 times i get it now gh5 work for me for those where get the diread_id error so im not sure but by me is cos i didnt install the cioscorp. i install the cioscorp v3.3 now it work finally im so happy now xD

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the ORIGNAL retail disc and it is giving me the black screen. I want to play it normally... not through usbloader or anything like that/

Is this what I do to fix it?

QUOTE said:
I've got it to work through a disc loader.

Install this wad.
http://rapidshare.com/files/272838683/IOS5...-v5146.wad.html

Download and run multicios, and install IOS 37 as IOS 232.
http://rapidshare.com/files/272876067/multicios.zip

Download and run SoftChip, make sure to use IOS 232 and make sure the 002 Fix is enabled.
http://rapidshare.com/files/272875815/SoftChip.zip

Turn it up to 11 and rock out!

I dont need to run it with softchip do I since its the real disc?

Hansvi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem installing the IOS 37 as IOS 232. I downloaded that multiios program and I tried to install IOS 37 as IOS 232 correctly (by scrolling the d-pad). Downloading it seems no problem but after the Wii tried to install it I keep getting a -1 error at the end and I get redirected to Homebrew. Trying Softchip I can't select IOS 232 (I used version r99 for softchip).

Can anyone help me figure out what might be the problem why I can't install IOS 232? It's been driving my crazy and every help would be very appreciated!
smile.gif

Edit: I also applied the 56.64.wad thingy with Wad Manager v.13 and it seemed to install correctly, but I haven't noticed anything different. Is this normal? I also let the Wii do an update from the GH5 disc but it still didn't work.

markrduk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has this thread found a conclusive answer to the problem?

I am on 4.2. I have installed IOS56-64-v5146.wad and updated my other IOSs using DOP IOS. I have installed Hermes 222/223. In USB Loader GX I have tried running as 222 and 223 with #002 error on, Autopatch and block IOS reload.

Anything else I can try?

ghaldos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, sorry if this is in the thread I read through a lot of it but didn't see any mention of it, but what do you install the ios56 wad as? I open up wad manager and the option to update ios56 isn't there do I just use ios249?

Thanks for any help and again sorry if it was mentioned before.

arm1e

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys.

I got the game working on 223 easily but there are some issues with the controllers. The game randomly freezes at times and also the remotes often don't register. Not seen anyone else with this problem but post link if i am wrong.

Any help appreciated.

BTW i am using config usb., should i be using gx? I only use this one for the easy download of covers. Any recommendations welcome.

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
arm1e said:
BTW i am using config usb., should i be using gx? I only use this one for the easy download of covers. Any recommendations welcome.
Usbloader GX will download any covers as well. All you do is press Button 1 on the wiimote and select what you want

arm1e

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just logged in to check the status on the controller issue and noticed no new info. Prob because the thread is not on front page so thought I'd help the cause and move it to page 1.

HELP PWEASE!!!!

jthimsen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have 4.2U, neogmma r7 and i think it will actually play through the disk channel cuz now it says i should do a system update when i put that disk in...should i do the update to see if it will play? i have bootmii and the boot2 thing, so i think i can restore my stuff if it bricks right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*