Hardware Guitar Hero 5 - Cheap guitar doesn't work

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would assume it's the way it identifies itself with the game. Instead of saying "i'm a whatever guitar" it's saying "i'm a jankish guitar".. and GH5 doesnt know wtf to do with that.

Short of putting a modchip in that piece of plastic, my guess is you're completely screwed. Try to take it back to gamestop and complain it wont work on GH5. I'd ofc, wait until tuesday though.

Vattu

Trophies
XP
Country
yes, buy a proper (less cheap) guitar
smile.gif

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
...or look at other part of the forum like right here!
kid sampson said:
Lookie401 said:
kid sampson said:
I have two of those Frontman guitars as well (the yellow versions that the remotes slip into), and I was also having those problems last night. At first, neither of the two guitars would connect. After a few tries, one would connect but not the second. Still don't know why that was / is, but eventually I got them both to work. What I do is boot the game and then keep resetting until it works.

It's like the remote doesn't remap to the guitar buttons or something. If you notice when it doesn't let you navigate the menus with your guitar only the + button on the remote itself will work while plugged into the guitar body. But I do find that the reset button eventually gets it working. You can tell the guitar is working correctly when it allows you to skip the safety screen with the green fret button.

But I agree. This guitar was compatible with everything and now this game goes and messes it up (or at least makes it much more frustratingly difficult). If you figure out a better solution, please send it my way or post it here on the forums.
Thanks for the tip. I'll try it out when I have some free time.

I guess I can only play via disc channel as if I try to play via USB loader hitting the reset button will return to the Wii System Menu.

EDIT: So I try the resetting trick and got it to work. But it's annoying to keep doing that... I hope somebody can make some "patch" or "ocarina code" to fix it. :/
I also got these guitars to work by simply unplugging and reconnecting the controllers a few times without resetting, but yes both are annoying procedures to do.
Hopefully it will work for your guitar too.

tyga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lookie401 said:
...or look at other part of the forum like right here!
kid sampson said:
Lookie401 said:
kid sampson said:
I have two of those Frontman guitars as well (the yellow versions that the remotes slip into), and I was also having those problems last night. At first, neither of the two guitars would connect. After a few tries, one would connect but not the second. Still don't know why that was / is, but eventually I got them both to work. What I do is boot the game and then keep resetting until it works.

It's like the remote doesn't remap to the guitar buttons or something. If you notice when it doesn't let you navigate the menus with your guitar only the + button on the remote itself will work while plugged into the guitar body. But I do find that the reset button eventually gets it working. You can tell the guitar is working correctly when it allows you to skip the safety screen with the green fret button.

But I agree. This guitar was compatible with everything and now this game goes and messes it up (or at least makes it much more frustratingly difficult). If you figure out a better solution, please send it my way or post it here on the forums.
Thanks for the tip. I'll try it out when I have some free time.

I guess I can only play via disc channel as if I try to play via USB loader hitting the reset button will return to the Wii System Menu.

EDIT: So I try the resetting trick and got it to work. But it's annoying to keep doing that... I hope somebody can make some "patch" or "ocarina code" to fix it. :/
I also got these guitars to work by simply unplugging and reconnecting the controllers a few times without resetting, but yes both are annoying procedures to do.
Hopefully it will work for your guitar too.

I tried both of these suggestions with my frontman guitar and I still can't get it to work. How many time did you have to press reset before it worked?

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tyga said:
I tried both of these suggestions with my frontman guitar and I still can't get it to work. How many time did you have to press reset before it worked?
You just have to keep trying. There's no set amount to get it to work.

I only try it once and it took me about 10 times. @_@

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DJPlace said:
may i ask how much that gutiar was?
$25 i think

but im having problems getting mines to work to i hope there will be a patch or something for it im going to call around to tomorrow and see what eb games say.

if all else fails then we might have to break down and get the other ones

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thebobinc said:
my frontman guitar work fine for me , have you install the wad , hermes c222 &223 merge 37&36 ???

me it work fine
whats your set up? im using cfg41 with hermess 222 default and then 223 merge 37and36 and i installed the wad

and my guitar only half works.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got it to work i kept unplugging and replugging the remote into the guitar plus i used the second controller too. I just hope that someone gets this fixed to where it just works like normal guitars are just to high for me
tongue.gif

thebobinc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well i did not have to do this , it work first attempt , remote already in guitar, i got two of those FrontMan guitar and they both work perfectly, make sure 222 and 223 is install with merge 37&36 , that you install the wad from the game , fix 002 is on in the cfg41 and that you load this game with 223mload,

hope it help a few

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol