Review Guild's Spirit Tracks Review

chrisman01

Trophies
Website
empireofsteel.thecomicseries.com
XP
Country
United States
No, that's my point. You two accepted the other's views without turning into a flamewar. Speaking from personal experience, that is very rare.

I think you were there when my topics on gay rights exploded in my face...
frown.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chrisman01 said:
No, that's my point. You two accepted the other's views without turning into a flamewar. Speaking from personal experience, that is very rare.

I think you were there when my topics on gay rights exploded in my face...
frown.gif

That last sentence came out very wrong.

But yeah. People just aren't as smart as the two of us
tongue.gif

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
crap... thanks for reminding me about the 360 slash, i didnt used it at all, heck i didnt find a use for it, when all i do is just run away, just tap on an enemy and watch as link drop his sword for a lot more damage.

and yup, the only thing that i wrote were general location of rabbit, treasure and portals, other than that, its the good old paper and pen, mostly because the amount of space that u are given is pathetic, sure u could shortn it, but some stuff just cant be shorten without losting the meaning

and agreed with the puzzles, for some of them, they were pretty easy but there were a few that, well, i didnt figure out, i was trying different ways of getting them. in the end, let's just say that captain obvious left me :|

O and u forgotten to mentioned about how dodging was executed. the same way fighting does, tap + tap anywhere L:| which is pretty annoying when u are fighting and u accidentally dodge for no reason ...

But i have to say, isnt dumbing down dungeon good for casual players? At least, this will appeal more to casual player Plus, this isnt totally casual as well, those bomb trains did killed me quite a number of times.

Also, darn those songs,why cant they just extend it the whole screen instead of that specific tile, it makes the game a lot less annoying than finding out, darn i missed by 1 square !

(by the way, sorry if my replies are messed up, all those words, so many words...
wtf.gif
Maybe u could try breaking them into more readable parts)

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
B-Blue said:
QUOTE said:
....although a better quick access to items would be appreciated.

Holy mother fucking shit! just press the right button on the d-pad. That's it!

QUOTE said:
...I would have liked some more classic Zelda tunes, like Hyrule Field from Ocarina of Time or the Song of Storms....

Believe me. If there was music from the previous games, people will just go: Oh! Nintendo are fucking lazy! they're recycling their shit.. blah blah blah game feels rushed blah blah blah ..." etc...

QUOTE said:
...excessive microphone controls are annoying...

People keep failing at the songs because they blow very hard! It's their fault.

...dungeons are dumbed down...

Wait until you get to the sand temple and floor 30 of the tower of spirits.

I don't like this review.
ph34r.gif

1. +1
2. +1
3. -1
4. Thanks for the spoilers ><

In my "mini-review" that I'm posting on dsdatabase tomorrow (I say mini review because I have yet to finish it completely but I've gotten far enough to give first impressions). I liked how they went with the story because so far it's like the only Zelda recently to not mention the triforce or master sword (yet that is, they may slip it in as a last second thing).

Also people who think that this game should be controlled by d-pad are just lazy people who don't want to hold up their wrists while playing. Honestly I wish Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days was controlled by stylus controls, seriously, a d-pad in a full 3D environment is just fail. I mean sure it's bearable but you may have to tap right for a little bit then right/up the up just to go into a door. With stylus controls you just draw :3

Oh and...OMG TA BASTURD GAV A 7! WURST REVEW SCOR EVA!!1!1!!

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Eh i kinda disagree with this review. I heavily enjoyed the use of the microphone, except the use of that wind weapon. I found the songs quite enjoyable to play, probably cause i havent encountered the problems others are encountering with the songs ( at most i probably failed to play the songs with lokomo's maybe twice, the final song with zelda once) i found myself playing with the spirit pipes more than i was actually playing the game.

I also enjoyed the stylus controls, though the main problem on this part were the parts you controlled zelda imo. controlling two characters at once did end up being a pain. especially right before the last fight (walking up the ganontrain with cole behind you e.t.c)

mrfatso said:
crap... thanks for reminding me about the 360 slash, i didnt used it at all, heck i didnt find a use for it, when all i do is just run away, just tap on an enemy and watch as link drop his sword for a lot more damage.

You never used it at the final battle?

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
chrisman01 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
B-Blue said:
Fine, you win.
I'm not gonna argue about this review anymore.

Truce?

NEVVVAAAAARRR!

Just kidding. We each have our own views on the game and that's completely fine. There's plenty of reason to like this game, it isn't a bad game at all.

HOLY. CRAP.

The world is ending!! We just had a peaceful argument resolution on an ONLINE FORUM!!!

you said it. an argument, not a fight. and he won.

QUOTE(.Radiant @ Dec 14 2009, 05:25 PM)
Eh i kinda disagree with this review. I heavily enjoyed the use of the microphone, except the use
You never used it at the final battle?

I was gonna say the same thing. You use it 3 times IIRC.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with the score, sadly as I feared it was just another Zelda game.

I'm happy with the controls and the perspective but at times I still longed for something more classic style 2D when it comes the handheld games. The microphone was a tad overused with this game but not so much that it hurt the game. The train parts I didn't care, much like the boat parts in PH they did nothing for me but again they're not so bad that it hurts the game. I guess the feeling of "been there done that" reared its head much like its predecessor.

While playing it I felt that developers of this and PH just made them for the sake of having them on the handhelds, and that special "feeling" got from the GB/GBC Zelda's was missing for me. There was still great presentation and a good deal of care put into the game but I got the impression that the developer was just intending to make a very good game rather than a classic. Ok thats me wanting the moon on a stick but Zelda does that to me.

Its still miles ahead of most action/adventure games but there wasn't anything to set it apart from the rest of the series. I did enjoy the game but to me since Link To A Past, the Zelda titles have always been games that could be regarded as stone cold classics from the moment you play them but I've not felt that since Wind Waker and even then I have to bypass the memory of the tacked on treasure hunt in that game. I can't say I'll want to revisit the game again like I did with previous games, as much I thought Twilight Princess was pure fan service there are still a lot of parts of the game that make me go back to revisit. This one I can't say I'm fussed.

I should really be happy that it is a yet another very good game in the series, especially after seeing the likes of Tony Hawk & Sonic go from being great franchises to bad ones but Nintendo set the bar very high with the series that even a very good game is disappointng.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I feel like Ninty needs to do shit like they did with New Super Mario Bros.

I would be pissing my pants if I found out they were making another sidescrolling metroid but with 3D graphics, same if they made another GBA like zelda but with better graphics.

Seriously, imagine Metroid Zero Missions or Fusion with dark detailed surroundings and a 3D Samus doing here acrobatic jumps.

I still however hold my statement, which was that this is what Phantom Hourglass should have been. I mean sure the additions do get old but they took alot of the bad shit from PH and made it much more bearable.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
Honestly I feel like Ninty needs to do shit like they did with New Super Mario Bros.

So take a classic game, be lazy, and make a sequel with lame features to attract the "casual" crowd? NSMB Wii was just a prime example of Nintendo being lazy. Lack of online, useless features to sell it to "casual" gamers (sorry, but Super Guide isn't going to make the game better for casual gamers at all), and just a lot of shortcuts (no online play, what could have been prettier graphics, Toads instead of other characters).

I support a retro rehash as much as the other guy, but Nintendo nowadays wants to assure they can market these "rehashes" to the casual crowd, so the hardcore crowd suffers.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
DeltaBurnt said:

So take a classic game, be lazy, and make a sequel with lame features to attract the "casual" crowd? NSMB Wii was just a prime example of Nintendo being lazy. Lack of online, useless features to sell it to "casual" gamers (sorry, but Super Guide isn't going to make the game better for casual gamers at all), and just a lot of shortcuts (no online play, what could have been prettier graphics, Toads instead of other characters).

I support a retro rehash as much as the other guy, but Nintendo nowadays wants to assure they can market these "rehashes" to the casual crowd, so the hardcore crowd suffers.

Not New Super Mario Bros. Wii, the New Super Mario Bros. for the DS.

But yes, I would only support the game if they actually put some fucking effort into the god damn thing.

chrisman01

Trophies
Website
empireofsteel.thecomicseries.com
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:

I would be pissing my pants if I found out they were making another sidescrolling metroid but with 3D graphics, same if they made another GBA like zelda but with better graphics.

Seriously, imagine Metroid Zero Missions or Fusion with dark detailed surroundings and a 3D Samus doing here acrobatic jumps.

I still however hold my statement, which was that this is what Phantom Hourglass should have been. I mean sure the additions do get old but they took alot of the bad shit from PH and made it much more bearable.

They ARE making a sidescrolling 3D Metroid.

Start pissin'
wink.gif

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chrisman01 said:
DeltaBurnt said:

They ARE making a sidescrolling 3D Metroid.

Start pissin'
wink.gif

Yes I am pretty excited for the Other M but I want a full on sidescrolling metroid. Plus I don't think that's coming for awhile :\

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
Guild McCommunist said:

It's easy to make anything sound bad if you only focus on the negatives.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
B-Blue said:
Guild McCommunist said:

+1

Air completely sucks bawls because it helps fires start.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
B-Blue said:
Guild McCommunist said:

+1

On the contrary, it's easy to make anything sound good if you only focus on the positives. The negatives should be focused on when critiquing anything because if something is truly good, it won't have many significant negatives. If everyone focused on the positives we'd all be bobble-headed optimists who vomit sunshine everywhere.

You have to made admit Nintendo was a little lazy on NSMB Wii. There's a column on IGN about it (surprisingly).

Shinryuji

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guild, I would agree with your review, the mic was poorly used, and the controls could have been better. But if you compare it to PH, it was a massive improvement. So, step in the right direction, but it still isn't far enough when you compare it to games like OoT, or OoA/S

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
DeltaBurnt said:
B-Blue said:
Guild McCommunist said:

+1

On the contrary, it's easy to make anything sound good if you only focus on the positives. The negatives should be focused on when critiquing anything because if something is truly good, it won't have many significant negatives. If everyone focused on the positives we'd all be bobble-headed optimists who vomit sunshine everywhere.

You have to made admit Nintendo was a little lazy on NSMB Wii. There's a column on IGN about it (surprisingly).

Yes I realize that, but there is also a limit to viewing the negatives. I could say MW2 sucks because it's still about modern warfare and they haven't invented things like mega-nukes or lazors to kill everyone with. Oh and like I said, when I was mentioning New Super Mario Bros. I meant the DS version not the Wii version.

Air still sucks bawls.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson