Gaming Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend Event 2!

Giratina3

Official Lilac of GBATemp
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
As everyone who is a fan of the Guild Wars franchise which is a no subscription fee based Mass Multiplayer Online game.
Should know that Arenanet have been working LONG and hard at making a true sequel to the Guild Wars series.
That game is gonna be released this holiday season for PC
gw2logo.jpg

The game is rumored for an August 2012 launch world wide.
This game has been in development since 2007 roughly. It was announced shortly after Guild Wars : Eye of the North was released.

Look at this games beautiful environment! [bare in mind this is on the MINIMUM settings, if it was maximum, your mind will be blown away by sheer awesomeness]

536636_3939160643217_916104916_n.jpg

As I have pre-purchased Guild Wars 2, I have been in the Stress Test that was back in May.
The game runs pretty smooth they have addressed frame rate drops in the forums and have said that in the final game the frame rate drops will be pretty much reduced significantly.

I am currently playing the Beta that is going right now and the changes are definitely in the right direction; The map is now changed from a circle like compass thing to a rectangular shape and has a bigger distance; All missions are now easy to track down with an arrow system that points you in the right direction on the mini map. The interface for using spells and attacks and HP display has changed also.

Is anyone else playing the Beta? If so... Please let me know what your thoughts are on this awesome game.

Screenshot of the modified interface.
224932_4165818949533_274241142_n.jpg

CyborGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Loving it. I've played in the last beta too and it's definitely much better optimized now, but not perfect. It could be a problem on my end though, it's just not handling WvW very well.

I agree with the mini map change, it feels much more intuitive compared to the previous circle one. Never thought little things like that could make such a difference. :P My only gripe is why they decided to change the skill trait system, feels somewhat limited. It's not too bad though, the core gameplay is where it counts.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going to load up beta on the max settings my system can handle, and take some screenshots before updating the hype thread for GW2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn