Hacking Guide To Make YSMenu Work On The R4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooglepinoy22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem as a couple others here. I followed all the steps correctly and even all the files are the same as listed in the cleanup. Everything turns on correctly and seems to work fine, but commercial nds roms don't boot! The loading bar goes almost to the end of the screen then stops, yet I'm still able to load homebrew. When I load homebrew the loading bar is blue instead of grey. I have the latest ysmenu file so I'm wondering if there's a difference between the new ysmenu and the older one used in the tutorial.

P.S. What does the checkbox with "DMA" next to it do?

kilon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I decided to use R4YSAuto instead (instructions on last page (yesterday at least) are good enough)

Now it works!

I found loading GTA: Chinatown Wars to take pretty long but that can be normal?

And DMA stands for Direct Memory Access and I giess it means it loads faster since it directly loads of the MicroSD.

I K K E

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tryed it, but my games don't start.
I folowed everything.

if i start a game a gray meter is running from left to right, before the end it stops.
wacko.gif

By the way, i have R4

and i have a question:

What means the DMA at those games?

please help me

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
The MOD_DATE thing running off the edge of the screen is really starting to piss me off.

Is there any way of disabling or fixing it?

Thao102

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did all the steps and my games wont work the meter goes almost at the end then stops!! PLEASE HELP CAUSE I KNOW I DID ALL THE RIGHT STEPS AND BTW I HAVE AN R4

retro bomber

Trophies
XP
Country
hi im new here and i was just wondering where i can download the ysmenu v08.05.22.22.22 from as i can not find it anywere on Yasu's site and the version there doesn't work with this and i would realy like to try it out.

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
newest ysmenu with dstt 1.17 works just fine with those dat files. gta takes 2 seconds (if that) to load. same with every other game. it's fantastic.

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
I read a comment that savlib thing makes the pokemon savefile 1mb.

Is that only the savlib or replacing either does that.

Because I would like standardized 512kb savefiles.

Zerothma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the whole thing, but I can't get it to work. My R4 just sits on the "loading..." screen.

I'm using an R4 Deluxe (also packaged as: Revolution for DS). I was running V.1.18 before trying this, and it worked fine, but I was a bit sad that it couldn't run newer games, so I went for this since it was listed as the unofficial V.1.19. But I can't get it to work.

Here's some details. I'm running Vista, which as of yet, hasn't troubled me. My R4 has always run perfectly prior to this. I'm using a SanDisk MicroSD 2 Gigabyte. I think the problem lies with how the files and folders are set up in the SD card itself. I think the reason why they might vary is because of step 5. I had to go to a different website (http://www.emuboards.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=30695) to get the DSTT firmware because that step was really impossible due to all this talk of "fake" whatnot. Also, I had to download different (more updated) files from the YSMain website, which may have had a slightly different setup.

If someone would post a pic or vid of how the whole finished thing is supposed to look in the SD card, it would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a list of the files that are in the very begining of my SD card. Please tell me if it needs to be setup differently.

-Games (folder I keep all my games in)
-eng (contains TTMenu.dat and TTMenu folder. TTMenu folder notably holds gbaframe.bmp, ttreset.dat, USRCHEAT.dat, YSMenu1.bmp, YSMenu2.bmp, ect.)
-TTYSMenu (Holds TTYSMenu.exe and 3 other folders: Work, Extra, and Readme. Notably, "Extra" holds different YSMenu.bmp's than those from file "eng". Also, "Readme" contains a fold named "usrcheat" similar to something from file "eng". Notably "Extra" also contains 3 other folders.)
-_DS_MENU.DAT
-dlditool.c
-dlditool.h
-dlditool32.cpp
-dlditool32.dsp
-dlditool32.dsw
-dlditool32 (notably has a green icon)
-dlditool32.h
-dlditool32.manifest
-dlditool32.rc
-History (text document)
-icon (green dot)
-licence (text document)
-r4dldi.dat
-r4patch.dat
-r4tf.dldi
-resource.h
-utils.cpp
-utils.h
-version.h
-version.rc
-YSMenu (.ini)
-YSMenu (text document)
-YSMenu_eng (text document)
-dlditool32 (.ini)

And that's it. Somebody please tell me what I'm doing wrong! What am I missing? Is something misplaced?

StuntZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed all of the steps, but it says it can't read the font, 12u, ini or usrcheat.dat when I run it, any suggestions? Won't load any games either..

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zerothma said:
I did the whole thing, but I can't get it to work. My R4 just sits on the "loading..." screen.

I'm using an R4 Deluxe (also packaged as: Revolution for DS). I was running V.1.18 before trying this, and it worked fine, but I was a bit sad that it couldn't run newer games, so I went for this since it was listed as the unofficial V.1.19. But I can't get it to work.

Here's some details. I'm running Vista, which as of yet, hasn't troubled me. My R4 has always run perfectly prior to this. I'm using a SanDisk MicroSD 2 Gigabyte. I think the problem lies with how the files and folders are set up in the SD card itself. I think the reason why they might vary is because of step 5. I had to go to a different website (http://www.emuboards.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=30695) to get the DSTT firmware because that step was really impossible due to all this talk of "fake" whatnot. Also, I had to download different (more updated) files from the YSMain website, which may have had a slightly different setup.

If someone would post a pic or vid of how the whole finished thing is supposed to look in the SD card, it would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a list of the files that are in the very begining of my SD card. Please tell me if it needs to be setup differently.

-Games (folder I keep all my games in)
-eng (contains TTMenu.dat and TTMenu folder. TTMenu folder notably holds gbaframe.bmp, ttreset.dat, USRCHEAT.dat, YSMenu1.bmp, YSMenu2.bmp, ect.)
-TTYSMenu (Holds TTYSMenu.exe and 3 other folders: Work, Extra, and Readme. Notably, "Extra" holds different YSMenu.bmp's than those from file "eng". Also, "Readme" contains a fold named "usrcheat" similar to something from file "eng". Notably "Extra" also contains 3 other folders.)
-_DS_MENU.DAT
-dlditool.c
-dlditool.h
-dlditool32.cpp
-dlditool32.dsp
-dlditool32.dsw
-dlditool32 (notably has a green icon)
-dlditool32.h
-dlditool32.manifest
-dlditool32.rc
-History (text document)
-icon (green dot)
-licence (text document)
-r4dldi.dat
-r4patch.dat
-r4tf.dldi
-resource.h
-utils.cpp
-utils.h
-version.h
-version.rc
-YSMenu (.ini)
-YSMenu (text document)
-YSMenu_eng (text document)
-dlditool32 (.ini)

And that's it. Somebody please tell me what I'm doing wrong! What am I missing? Is something misplaced?

that is all kinds of wrong.

i believe the first post tells you exactly which files and folders you need.

X-Tornado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My R4/Ysmenu works fiune with old roms but when i try to load new roms like Gta China town or like carnival games say errcode=-81
hate2.gif

I have the last ysmenu evrsion and i have v1.17 dstt firmware.

Zerothma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I went back over it and cleaned it up a whole bunch. It still is stuck on the loading screen.

Here is what I have in the root of my sd card:
QUOTE said:
Inside root Of SD Card = TTMENU Folder, _DS_MENU.DAT, goomba.gba, pocketnes.gba & any other homebrew you may have.

Inside TTMenu Folder = gbaframe.bmp, r4dldi.dat, r4patch.dat, system.ank, system.fon, system.l2u,
system.u2l, ttreset.dat, USRCHEAT.DAT, YSMenu1.bmp, YSMenu2.bmp, YSMenu.ini

Like I said, if you have any other files that are not mentioned above just delete them, they are junk files.
Peace!

I have these and only these in the root of the sd card. I'm still on the loading screen. Are there any additional files needed?

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looking back at your first list, it doesn't even look like you built ysmenu.

i'd recommend r4ysauto, the other ysmenu sticky

or if you do a search a2h made a little program that will build ysmenu for you

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to all who have made this easy to make and install, I have followed all the steps accordingly and have gotten YSmenu running on my R4.

BUT whenever I try to load a DS game it shows a progress bar moving and a spinning box on the bottom screen, and it never loads the game?

I am running the latest YSmenu 3-21 and DSTT 117

ChoboNiNjA37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, I would like to thank Spec2k for the tutorial, but I wanted to add in my procedure which worked for me every time, just to see if it would help out anyone.

Download me!

http://home.usay.jp/pc/etc/nds/
on Yasu's Page search up 2009/03/21 17:00 and download (click the date/time thing you searched for, for anyone who hasn't found out that it's a link)

EDIT: http://home.usay.jp/pc/etc/nds/index_en.html
just search up r4denc

http://download.ndstt.com/download/os/v1.17/ttmenu_en.zip
http://dldi.drunkencoders.com/uploads/0/03/R4tf.dldi
http://dldi.drunkencoders.com/uploads/f/f7...l-win32-gui.zip

no clue where on the yasu page is the r4dldi for homebrew, but heres the gbatemp post

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=103560

and to make things easier for everyone, here's an r4patch.dat file that I got from using R4YSauto
(if this link is not allowed then please notify me)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/jv7jt7

1. Obviously, download all of the above, and unzip them all to their appropriate folders.
2. DLDI patch YSMenu.nds (I hope you know how to do this by now)
3. In Spec's tutorial he tells you to edit the config towards the end, but I like doing it beforehand, just to get it out of the way, so open up ysmenu.cfg, remove the semicolon in front of LITERALS=LITERALS_ENG and add in a semicolon in front of LITERALS=LITERALS_JPN
4. Take the files of the dstt firmware (ttmenu_en.zip) and place them into your ysmenu folder (not the eng folder, but what's inside it)
5. Run the ttextract.exe and you will get some files (ttdldi.dat and ttpatch.dat, and hopefully r4patch.dat, but since most people didn't get this file, including myself, I included it in the above downloads)
6. Open up the r4denc folder, and drag and drop YSmenu.nds over the r4enc icon to get YSmenu.nds.dat in the YSMenu folder
7. Rename this new file _DS_MENU.dat (if your computer hides file extensions, then remember to just rename it _DS_MENU, and remember to choose the right file, because I accidentally renamed my original nds file by accident a few times
rolleyes.gif
)
8. Copy the following files into your MicroSD:
Spec2K said:
Inside Root Of SD Card = TTMENU Folder, _DS_MENU.DAT, goomba.gba, pocketnes.gba & any other homebrew you may have.

Inside TTMenu Folder = gbaframe.bmp, r4dldi.dat, r4patch.dat, system.ank, system.fon, system.l2u,
system.u2l, ttreset.dat, USRCHEAT.DAT, YSMenu1.bmp, YSMenu2.bmp, YSMenu.ini

Like I said, if you have any other files that are not mentioned above just delete them, they are junk files.
Peace!
biggrin.gif
9. Pop that MicroSD into your R4 and go have fun
gbasp.gif

I hope this helps out anyone who is having trouble using YSMenu
moogle.gif

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
kilon said:
I found loading GTA: Chinatown Wars to take pretty long but that can be normal?
Yes, GTA takes AGES to load. Fortunately this can be fixed by adding a custom infolib.dat to the TTMENU folder.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=5109

This also speeds up loading for most other games too.
How do I do this without overwriting my Platinum and Chinatown Wars .sav files?

Zanzuro

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A question: when i use ysmenu and and i try to play to yugioh it say me ''rom loading failed'' error code
what i can do??thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Probably.