Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
GBAtemp.net's Guide to Flashme

xbxb-small.jpg

If you've ever thought about installing flashme on your DS or DS Lite but didn't understand the installation process, fear not! GBAtemp.net has the guide for you.
This guide will provide you with the files you need, instructions, tips and even a video all about flashme.

Click HERE to read the guide.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Just one thing to note Opium, is that the recovery code is A+B+Start+Select (rather than A+B+X+Y+Start+Select as you stated - it probably won't make a difference anyway, it's just easier to press 4 buttons at once than 6
wink.gif
). Also, people should remove their passme/nopass device before attempting to boot the recovery mode. Otherwise excellent work.

Remember kids: don't drink and flash
grog.gif

Haruspex

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Nice guide!

Guess i was a bit of lucky.I installed flashme stealth on 2 ds's so far (silver & pink phat) and i bridge the SL1 with a small screwdriver WITHOUT covering in tape or something.I didnt know that about the VR.But i guess the real danger is with the DS Lite if you dont covered the tool you use with tape.

Edit-Just a quick question.I notice that my flashme stealth.nds its only 270 kb and the one uploaded here its 526 kb.Its a newer version?

And about updating.From what i understand i dont need to rebridge the sl1 contact again & of course no need for a passme/passcard etc. I just put the flashme stealth.nds on my m3 sd and i run it and i am done right?

UnknownBeast

Trophies
XP
Country
Very nice and clear. But I want to ask a question, why is uninstalling FlashMe as 'unrecommended' on your guide?

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't read thoroughly, sorry.

compi_

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nice guide!

Guess i was a bit of lucky.I installed flashme stealth on 2 ds's so far (silver & pink phat) and i bridge the SL1 with a small screwdriver WITHOUT covering in tape or something.I didnt know that about the VR.But i guess the real danger is with the DS Lite if you dont covered the tool you use with tape.

Edit-Just a quick question.I notice that my flashme stealth.nds its only 270 kb and the one uploaded here its 526 kb.Its a newer version?

And about updating.From what i understand i dont need to rebridge the sl1 contact again & of course no need for a passme/passcard etc. I just put the flashme stealth.nds on my m3 sd and i run it and i am done right?
You only need to insulate your tool if you want to flash a DS Lite, flashing a normal ds is the easiest thing there is.

Haruspex

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Nice guide!

You only need to insulate your tool if you want to flash a DS Lite, flashing a normal ds is the easiest thing there is.

I see thanks.About my question about updating the flashme?Anyone?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You asked two questions.

1)Your version of flashme was probably the early v7 without lite support, Opiums version was tghe version that had lite support bundled.

2)It should be a simple load and let run however a future version may require you to bridge it again if it decides to edit some of the code in the section that can only be written to by bridging SL1. You may also have to bridge it if you decide to use a custom firmware of which there are a few around or in creation.

Nice guide by the way Opium.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
So this is why you wouldn't make my guide sticky
tongue.gif

so... how much money you've made on flashme then?
wink.gif

regarding the video... damn opium, cut your nails! long nails on a guy != very nice to look at...
on the other hand, VERY nice explanation... major kudos... i'll have your guide in front of me when I'll be flashing my black DS Lite...
wink.gif

game16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow this is a really nice guide, i was freakin scared when i was flashing my phat/fat/obese DS i wish i had a lite, the screeens look so nice

TheStump

Got Wood?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LOL wiggle your tool..Priceless.
Good job on FLashme Review, that would have definatley helped me about 6 months ago...LOL, lucky everything went swimmingly for me.
You also may want to state you can perform the process with WiFime and when doing a NORMAL DS you dont have to worry about the NEW VR addon.

Cheers great review non the less, and cut your godamm thumbnail...LOL KEKEKEK1!!!11
grog.gif

game16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stealth-the flashme is written to another part of the DS bios so you get the health screen
tongue.gif

non stealth- to heck with that health screen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь