• Replies 340
  • Likes 69

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hi not sure if it fit in here.
I have tried to extract my 3ds Gateway card Pokemon Y game and inject it in my cia Version (created with that rom, dumpt from my original Card - orginal Card save is lost ok that I know).
When I try to start the cia version, it says something like the savedate don't fit the last savestate!? is there a way how i can fix it?
The save reinjection in the gateway card worked well. should i have to extract more than the main?

regards
sweatbox

Edit: ok ok after 4 hours of tortureing search engines it should work with the Save Data Transfer Tool. Will test it later, when i got my 3ds back ^^

Newer SaveDataFilers can delete something called the "Secure Value" which is what tries to prevent you from using an imported save. Once you import your save, go to the User tab and highlight your Pokémon game's save (for Y, it's 0055E if I recall. If it's not for you, make sure your SD card's filer folder is empty and dump your save again, that'll give you a better idea of what the ID is), then press R + Y to delete the secure value (your SaveDataFiler needs to be r53438 or newer to delete the secure value).

MasterKillua

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I have a little noob question about the saves...
I have my Animal Crossing New leaf retail game, and I want to use the save I have in my CFW (installing the cia), but I think AC is card2 and I can't dump the savegame with savedatafiler because appear CTR Card Broken.
So I have to dump the game to use the save? Then what should I do? How do I backup the save insinde the CIA I would like to make?
Thanks in advance :)

Ps: the same thing happens with Zelda ALBTW :( ...

stewartisme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you have your sysNAND back to how it was pre-emunand? While keeping emuNAND.

I read over this post a few times so if I am missing it I'm sorry.

edit: You can just put the orignal files back on it to get all your snsNAND stuff back. No emuNAND anymore but that's ok.

D

Deleted User

The second bottom line is that you will lose the ability to play retail saves that use
>6.0 encryption on your 3ds if you downgrade to system NAND 4.x.
If you have a sysnand >6.0 and a emunand 9.X you can play with the same save file
If you have a sysnand 4.X and a emunand 9.X you need to create a new save file for the old <6.0 save encryption
Did I understand correctly?

mmn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a sysnand >6.0 and a emunand 9.X you can play with the same save file
If you have a sysnand 4.X and a emunand 9.X you need to create a new save file for the old <6.0 save encryption
Did I understand correctly?

Yep

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, another dumb question from me since the OP's a bit unclear: Say I start a save on a CIA within 4.2 CFW. If I decide to get a Gateway sometime down the road and restore my sysNAND back to 9.2 (to get back save compatibility with my retail carts), will I be able to restore the CIA save and use it on a 9.5 emuNAND?

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Gateway basically overcame this issue by making those games playable in Classic mode
using the 4.x key loaded at boot. This meant that the games would save fine, but you couldn't
open that save on a 9.x sysnand console, and the reverse was true as well.

Does MT card do the same thing? I'm asking because you can use MT Classic 9.5 emuNAND without a GW and I want to know if I can save on Smash Bros. (already lost all my data).

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For those interested: I just downgraded my 9.2 Mario & Luigi bundle 3dsxl. Before doing any GW stuff, I had played all these games on sysnand 9.2:

* Pokemon omega ruby (v1.1)
* Virtue's last reward
* Fantasy Life
* Animal Crossing new leaf

EDIT: These 4 games were bought legally with real money from the eshop.

After setting up Emunand 9.2 (linked with sysnand 9.2), I was able to access my saves for all 4 games.

Then I proceeded to unlink sysnand and emunand, and I also downgrade sysnand. I also updated my Pokemon Omega Ruby to v1.2. After doing all this, I could still access all my saves EXCEPT for Pokemon omega ruby. I don't know if it's upgrading to 1.2 that caused the problem, or the downgrading or the unlinking. I did not use savedatafiler at any time.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
For those interested: I just downgraded my 9.2 Mario & Luigi bundle 3dsxl. Before doing any GW stuff, I had played all these games on sysnand 9.2:

* Pokemon omega ruby (v1.1)
* Virtue's last reward
* Fantasy Life
* Animal Crossing new leaf

After setting up Emunand 9.2 (on sysnand 9.2), I was able to access my saves for all 4 games.

Then I proceeded to unlink sysnand and emunand, and I also downgrade sysnand. I also updated my Pokemon Omega Ruby to v1.2. After doing all this, I could still access all my saves EXCEPT for Pokemon omega ruby. I don't know if it's upgrading to 1.2 that caused the problem, or the downgrading or the unlinking. I did not use savedatafiler at any time.
those games are in .cia or .3ds?

stewartisme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I deleted the emunand off my SD card and put the files I had on it before formatting the emunand back on it but the exploit keeps going back to an empty emunand instead of the sysnand. How can I fix that?

Diag

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oh so many infos, i´ve got to re-read the thread with a clear mind later on :D

got at the moment 2 savegame related questions:
1. i played the european eshop version of smt iv (really paid for it ^^) and would like to transfer my savegame from there to the us retail version of smt iv.. i don´t know if that is possible?
2. i played some retail games on my old 3ds and they created some extra files (like for example map data) on the sd card.. now i got a n3ds and would like to transfer the extra files to it.. i think eshop games are just possible to transfer with the 3ds data transfer from sd to micro sd card, but i need the latest fw for that (not a problem with the old 3ds, though the new3ds won´t do).. is it possible through other tricks to copy the created extra savedata from sd to micro sd?

don´t know if a method from the first post will work for that, like i said i need to re-read that again to fully understand, but maybe someone can already tell me if its possible (or will be possible with the upcoming gateway n3ds support), thx

Aekx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So with all the craziness around bans, I want to convert my MH4U save from a .cia to use on my own private headered .3dz
Is this possible?

mmn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So with all the craziness around bans, I want to convert my MH4U save from a .cia to use on my own private headered .3dz
Is this possible?
Yes.
You have two options after backing up your cia save with savedatafiler.

Option 1: Use this guide for injecting saves into card1 games
Option 2: Convert your .3dz to a card2 game, then inject the save like normal.

I'm not actually sure that the second option will work, but it's something you can try.

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
mmn
In the guide there's a mention about stuff that gets written to the NAND and stuff that gets written to the SD. Would stuff like the latest smash bros update fall under the SD ones?
If the above is correct would it be possible to get to the eshop through a "still linked" emunand, download the patch and then get back to an unaltered 9.2 NAND (mainly so I don't lose the save after going through downgrade)? My reasoning is that since Sysnand and Emunand are still linked whatever files I download should still be readable in either version, but I'm concerned that I might be missing something key in the whole process.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, then whats qbits?