Hacking Guide: How to fix Korean 4.2 error: 003 unauthorized device ha

Groomery

Trophies
Website
g.imagehost.org
XP
Country
Hello! Im trying to Rescue my wii with this method, I have an Korean WII with ERROR 003 (Region changed to 4.2u)

I followed the guide, have patched the 2 iso files! Burned Swap.iso on a Verbatim R and Ssb-Pal on verbatim DVD+R DL.

I booted the game swap (Dora Crystal Kingdom) and reached the start menu , when i hit (HOME) and change the disc to ssb-pal, the wii sounds wery noisy, like it cant read the dic? I have wrote 2 copies of the game but the same happens??? after that i got (an error has accured plese eject the game disc).

Anyone?

mrfraser89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you burn it with the correct layer break? Not sure whether this is an issue, just a possibility. What sort of media? Just because it works with the other Wii doesn't necessarily mean it's a working copy, as the swap is indexed to a certain part of the disc initially...

Something I wanted to add mauifrog, your guide says you can use a DVD-DL, however if the layer break is important (I'm not sure if it is?) then you can not specify layer breaks with a DVD-DL, only +.

Groomery

Trophies
Website
g.imagehost.org
XP
Country
Update:

I swapped dvd drive but the same thing happens with this one, cant read disc when i swap to ssbb-pal, I burned the game on VERBATIM DVD+DL and set the correct layerbreak. Anyone?

mrfraser89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you using a modchip (I'm presuming you are because of being able to load a burnt copy of Dora)? What further details of the system can you provide us with? The game-swap method is a bit more tricky I think... Why did you choose this over the Mario-Kart-PWN?

Groomery

Trophies
Website
g.imagehost.org
XP
Country
I have an Wiikey2 chip offcourse! When i reach the title screen in Dora Crystal Kingdom, i push (HOME) and change disc to SSBB-PAL DVD_9 the release i used is Super_Smash_Bros_Brawl_PAL_Wii-WiiERD. and after that the dvd player have a hard time reading the disch, i Push reset button, after that the disc stop with the message an error has accured please eject the disc...

I cant use the Mario kart method becaus i alreadey have that channel installed... Any suggestions?

mrfraser89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately I am not sure if your iso is the correct copy. I made a 1:1 rip using Clean Rip, so I was confident mine would have no issues. Can you get yourself a copy of a PAL ssbb and rip it using your other wii?

Groomery

Trophies
Website
g.imagehost.org
XP
Country
mrfraser89 said:
Unfortunately I am not sure if your iso is the correct copy. I made a 1:1 rip using Clean Rip, so I was confident mine would have no issues. Can you get yourself a copy of a PAL ssbb and rip it using your other wii?
hate2.gif

I use this scene release!

Super_Smash_Bros_Brawl_PAL_Wii-WiiERD

Groomery

Trophies
Website
g.imagehost.org
XP
Country
Groomery said:
mrfraser89 said:
hate2.gif

I use this scene release!

Super_Smash_Bros_Brawl_PAL_Wii-WiiERD

Can someone confirm if this release is working?

Groomery

Trophies
Website
g.imagehost.org
XP
Country
DeadlyFoez said:
please dont bump after just 45 minutes.

We don't support the illegal downloading of games here. You will have to obtain a retail disc from ebay or something.

Sorry my bad, it wont happen again. I buy the game instead
yaywii.gif

Groomery

Trophies
Website
g.imagehost.org
XP
Country
I have got SSB booting and smachstack is working:) I needed to rewire the 3.3v and ground points to my WIIKEY2.

My question now is , im in wad manager, what shall i install to get rid of my error 003?

Im on system menu 4.2 (U) region changed Korean console.

Shall i install this? IOS60-64-v6174. which IOS version to use shall i choose?

Is there anything more i need to do? Thanks in reply!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: sub-50 for a >20k mAh battery with 100w PD charging? Fuckin sold