Hacking [Guide] Fully Softmod Any Wii (everything you need)

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry-- been out for the weekend and now the thread is 2 pages longer than when I left. I'll try to get some time to read the replies tomorrow.

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks.

Awesome guide! I'm already softmodded down to 3.2 but I'll definitely be using this on my brothers Wii when I visit him later this week.

QUOTE said:
It has also been recommended that you follow This Guide to upgrade your Wii system menu to either version 4.0 or 4.1 once you get HBC and BootMii installed. Thanks for the nice guide. =D

What if the system menu is already updated to 4.0 or 4.1 prior to installing HBC? Just follow the guide regularly then?

Very easy to follow. Much easier and less foreign to me than when I first decided to do this about a year ago.

Thanks again, keep the updates coming.
smile.gif

D

Deleted User

Lorem Ipsum is slechts een proeftekst uit het drukkerij- en zetterijwezen. Lorem Ipsum is de standaard proeftekst in deze bedrijfstak sinds de 16e eeuw, toen een onbekende drukker een zethaak met letters nam en ze door elkaar husselde om een font-catalogus te maken.

Last edited by ,

Carpediem2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
diego_pmc said:
I am having some problems with backing up my NAND. I have BootMii installed as boot2 (I also have HBC and DVDx, but that doesn't matter). The problem is that whenever I start my Wii in the BootMii menu I have no IR pointer and if I try to use the D-pad it doesn't work either. I tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling them again, but it's still the same. And I am sure that BottMii is installed as boot2. What could the problem possibly be?

U will have to use the gamecube controller I still have to as well even thou they say you can use the power and reset buttons. Just use a gc controller.

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fleeman said:
what gets disabled when you update to 4.1
I'm curious as to why you would assume anything gets disabled on an upgrade to 4.1. Seeing as the guide recommends that you do it, I'd be willing to bet that you'd be better off with the upgrade than without.

RRoD420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did an official nintendo update before doing this guide as i wanted to go back to virgin.

I can install wiiware wads from Wad Manager 1.4 and they work great, but the VC games go to a black screen? I was able to run any VC or WiiWare channel with my old 3.2 setup but now only the VC games are not working. I read something about patching IOS60 although this might be outdated. When I use IOS60_Patcher or try to install IOS60patched.wad it corrupts the system menu. At that point I reinstall Preloader and it loads normal again. Still VC games won't load?

Any advice Deviyl? thanks, awesome guide! VERY simple.

Hyuukai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey i am new to this forum but first off great guide! just somthing i wanna clear up i did all the parts to the guide other than the preloader as i didnt need to as i got it on boot2. I have a channel for the backup loader but when i go on it it says....you are not using IOS249 if you know what you are doing ok, @all others: Install a cIOS press any button to continue. Have i done something wrong or is this meant to happen?

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RRoD420 said:
I did an official nintendo update before doing this guide as i wanted to go back to virgin.

I can install wiiware wads from Wad Manager 1.4 and they work great, but the VC games go to a black screen? I was able to run any VC or WiiWare channel with my old 3.2 setup but now only the VC games are not working. I read something about patching IOS60 although this might be outdated. When I use IOS60_Patcher or try to install IOS60patched.wad it corrupts the system menu. At that point I reinstall Preloader and it loads normal again. Still VC games won't load?

Any advice Deviyl? thanks, awesome guide! VERY simple.You're using the same wads that worked before? I don't see any reason they shouldn't work now..
QUOTE(Hyuukai @ Sep 8 2009, 07:57 PM) Hey i am new to this forum but first off great guide! just somthing i wanna clear up i did all the parts to the guide other than the preloader as i didnt need to as i got it on boot2. I have a channel for the backup loader but when i go on it it says....you are not using IOS249 if you know what you are doing ok, @all others: Install a cIOS press any button to continue. Have i done something wrong or is this meant to happen?
The cIOS should automatically install to ISO 249. Are you sure you installed the cIOS at all? The cIOS is in the same section as PreLoader, so you probably skipped it.

RRoD420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deviyl said:
RRoD420 said:

Any advice Deviyl? thanks, awesome guide! VERY simple.You're using the same wads that worked before? I don't see any reason they shouldn't work now..
QUOTE(Hyuukai @ Sep 8 2009, 07:57 PM) Hey i am new to this forum but first off great guide! just somthing i wanna clear up i did all the parts to the guide other than the preloader as i didnt need to as i got it on boot2. I have a channel for the backup loader but when i go on it it says....you are not using IOS249 if you know what you are doing ok, @all others: Install a cIOS press any button to continue. Have i done something wrong or is this meant to happen?
The cIOS should automatically install to ISO 249. Are you sure you installed the cIOS at all? The cIOS is in the same section as PreLoader, so you probably skipped it.

Yeah I did the trucha bug restorer, cios38rev14, preloader. The same wads I used to install and play before is what i'm using and they won't load. WiiWare games work great VC games don't!?!?

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hyuukai said:
I have skipped that, should i go and do the preloader and everything then do the loader again?Yes.. you don't need PreLoader if you don't want it, but the cIOS is vital.

QUOTE(RRoD420 @ Sep 8 2009, 09:20 PM) Yeah I did the trucha bug restorer, cios38rev14, preloader. The same wads I used to install and play before is what i'm using and they won't load. WiiWare games work great VC games don't!?!?
I've got both WiiWare and VC games on my Wii with 4.1 and everything from this guide. So I can say that everything here works fine. Either you missed something along the way, you're doing something wrong, or you have a bad wad. Try to go through it again and make sure you have everything right.

Fleeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Deviyl said:
Fleeman said:
I'm curious as to why you would assume anything gets disabled on an upgrade to 4.1. Seeing as the guide recommends that you do it, I'd be willing to bet that you'd be better off with the upgrade than without.

There was a comment on the first page by WalkerOfTheDay about using Waninkoko 4.0 updater so nothing will get disabled i'm just wondering what he meant

RRoD420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
RRoD420 said:
Yeah I did the trucha bug restorer, cios38rev14, preloader. The same wads I used to install and play before is what i'm using and they won't load. WiiWare games work great VC games don't!?!?
I've got both WiiWare and VC games on my Wii with 4.1 and everything from this guide. So I can say that everything here works fine. Either you missed something along the way, you're doing something wrong, or you have a bad wad. Try to go through it again and make sure you have everything right.

damn i've used these vc wads before when i was on 3.2. I did a nintendo update to start fresh then followed your guide. i even installed ios 38, 53 and 55 using dop-iosv7 and patched them with trucha. Still not working, there's absolutely nothing that i'm possibly missing here? Hey thanks for all your help, it's truly amazing we're able to do this.

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fleeman said:
Deviyl said:
Fleeman said:

There was a comment on the first page by WalkerOfTheDay about using Waninkoko 4.0 updater so nothing will get disabled i'm just wondering what he meant
When you do a Nintendo update, PreLoader will get disabled if your Wii is already hacked (You can reinstall it). But if you're starting fresh, nothing is disabled by updating and using 4.1. There is no reason to stay on a SM that's not 4.1.

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hyuukai said:
So is it ok to go back do the preloader and cIOS even though ive already installed neo gamma?
Yup. NeoGamma is just a channel. Albeit an inoperative one since you don't have a cIOS for it to use. The only requirements for PreLoader and cIOS install is the Trucha Bug.

Fleeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
when i try to update to 4.1 using the guide i keep getting ERROR (ret = -1036) when its goes to install "System Menu 4.1U"

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fleeman said:
when i try to update to 4.1 using the guide i keep getting ERROR (ret = -1036) when its goes to install "System Menu 4.1U"
1) Why aren't you just using a Nintendo update?
2) Did you patch IOS60?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    AI needs money for AI drugs lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Ai Cocaine Is a hell of a drug."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ai doc my reality prescriptions running low I need 5,000mg
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Ok for real i'm back
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    generative AI is getting better at animating stuff, but still looks like a fever dream in most cases
    +1
  • T @ Texasauras:
    GOLD GRAIN 1/4 QUARTER BARS FOR LIKE $5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • T @ Texasauras:
    bro lost all his money on gacha toys
    https://gachax2.com/
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, i thought you were spamming
    +1
  • T @ Texasauras:
    i was just telling everyone i was collecting bullion, desperate times calls for desperate measures
  • T @ Texasauras:
    i was just "window" shopping
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna leave in any moment
  • T @ Texasauras:
    bro if i drop a stack on red and you drop a stack on black at the roulette table and we pushed, does that mean i gave you a stack?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, i don't get it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wut
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have it you fucking monster
  • T @ Texasauras:
    what i didn't do anything!
  • T @ Texasauras:
    since i doubled up, or you lost your stack and if i gave it to you instead of running off at the roulette table does that mean i "gave" you a stack lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop touching people's stacks
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Can I get AI to make Home Alone VS Micheal Jackson and R Kelly as the new wet bandits?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i have access to an AI that makes CGI movie scenes
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    it's in beta
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If Jack didn't think about pussy he could've made some friends with a good few millionaires tbh
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: If Jack didn't think about pussy he could've made some friends with a good few millionaires tbh +1