Hacking [Guide] Fully Softmod Any Wii (everything you need)

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
harrypmgaga said:
I'm having the same problem as ^, what do we select?
Leave everything set to default settings, just keep pressing A until you get to the list of WADs, and then select your NeoGamma and press A again, and then again to install it. Pretty much keep pressing A until it says Done. =P Nothing to change if you're following the guide and only have the NeoGamma wad on your SD card.

And to the guy that asked about a different Wii-- you may have to get a different file for BannerBomb to load (not exactly sure if you do or which one but a link is in the guide), but the rest are region free-- so yes.

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looks like an excellent guide. I used Ultimate 4.0 when I did mine and this seems a lot easier.

One question though.

I don't see any patching of ios60. Don't you need that patched to use the 'Move to SD' function in 4.0+ with Wiiware and VC wads? From what I understand you can install game wads but they won't work moved to the SD unless 60 is patched. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm doing a friends this weekend and I'd love to use this guide, but I want everything to work, especially the 'Move to SD' as he bought a 16gb SD card just for that.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Retrievil said:
Looks like an excellent guide. I used Ultimate 4.0 when I did mine and this seems a lot easier.

One question though.

I don't see any patching of ios60. Don't you need that patched to use the 'Move to SD' function in 4.0+ with Wiiware and VC wads? From what I understand you can install game wads but they won't work moved to the SD unless 60 is patched. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm doing a friends this weekend and I'd love to use this guide, but I want everything to work, especially the 'Move to SD' as he bought a 16gb SD card just for that.
use dop-iosv7 to patch IOS60

lol^^

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Deviyl said:
Sounds like you're picking and choosing steps because your Wii was already hacked and you think you don't need some steps. Not really the best of ideas if you don't know what you're doing. Going from a 3.x SM to 4.x changes a lot of things. Did you use the TBR to patch 36? Once you do that, install the cIOS again and see what happens.
Well that was the problem, I didn't have 36. I only had 35. So I was stuck. And now I can't use TBR since my HBC doesn't work. However I have backed up my NAND, and everything else seems to be fine.

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lol^^ said:
Deviyl said:
Sounds like you're picking and choosing steps because your Wii was already hacked and you think you don't need some steps. Not really the best of ideas if you don't know what you're doing. Going from a 3.x SM to 4.x changes a lot of things. Did you use the TBR to patch 36? Once you do that, install the cIOS again and see what happens.
Well that was the problem, I didn't have 36. I only had 35. So I was stuck. And now I can't use TBR since my HBC doesn't work. However I have backed up my NAND, and everything else seems to be fine.
HBC doesnt work?
try reinstalling with the Hackmii installer

stevoal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Having a problem when trying to copy the nand.bin file to my pc, it just keeps coming up with and error all the time.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers for the guide mate! My little sis is bringing her Wii for me to mod either later or tomorrow so this will come in very handy! I don't know what version it is or what version her menu is but this guide should work on any system right?

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
Cheers for the guide mate! My little sis is bringing her Wii for me to mod either later or tomorrow so this will come in very handy! I don't know what version it is or what version her menu is but this guide should work on any system right?
yes sir, any system menu version, nstc, ntsc-j, or pal region.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"Your Wii will restart to a new menu. This is BootMii.
You will need a GameCube controller to use this screen if you installed as IOS. If you installed as boot2, you can use the buttons on your Wii (power = select, reset = move, and eject = exit) to navigate."

It's supposed to be power = move, reset = select.

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh. I'll change that now. =) I don't have BootMii installed as boot2 on my Wii so I never could test those buttons. =P

Thanks for bringing to my attention.

italiadude

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Of course, once again...my piecce of shit LU65 wii doesnt seem to work... before it would freeze after bootmii... now it freezes after boot.elf is loaded, when it warns you the second time if u were scammed, ie Black screen white text... WHY WONT THIS THING MOD!help me pleassee

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try out the other aad zips?

The BannerBomb site says, "If it freezes before popping up the dialog, follow these diagnostics:" look there and try to follow.

But you said it freezes after the dialog.. if memory serves, I believe my Wii did something similar. And I'm not sure I ever did anything to fix it. I think it just fixed itself after a reboot and maybe a fresh copy of the file. Try those things and see what happens.

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
italiadude said:
Of course, once again...my piecce of shit LU65 wii doesnt seem to work... before it would freeze after bootmii... now it freezes after boot.elf is loaded, when it warns you the second time if u were scammed, ie Black screen white text... WHY WONT THIS THING MOD!help me pleassee
update it to 4.1 thru the settings then try again
try all versions of bannerbomb
try loading other homebrew thru bannebomb.

italiadude

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I updated to 4.1 and everything was smooth sailing from then on!!!!!!!!!!! U GUYS ARE THE BESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTT!!!!!! thank you so much...

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
italiadude said:
I updated to 4.1 and everything was smooth sailing from then on!!!!!!!!!!! U GUYS ARE THE BESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTT!!!!!! thank you so much...
good to hear sir.

harrypmgaga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Deviyl said:
harrypmgaga said:
I'm having the same problem as ^, what do we select?
Leave everything set to default settings, just keep pressing A until you get to the list of WADs, and then select your NeoGamma and press A again, and then again to install it. Pretty much keep pressing A until it says Done. =P Nothing to change if you're following the guide and only have the NeoGamma wad on your SD card.

And to the guy that asked about a different Wii-- you may have to get a different file for BannerBomb to load (not exactly sure if you do or which one but a link is in the guide), but the rest are region free-- so yes.

-EDIT 1st Problem Fixed-
2nd Problem:

Now that I click on the WAD and press A to install, I get an error (ret = -2011)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone