Hacking [Guide] Fully Softmod Any Wii (everything you need)

stevoal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok thanks, just one more quick question I have cioscorp 3.2 installed on my wii, its a 3.2E can I easily upgrade to 4.1 or is 4.0 better? and then if I use Neogammer R7 with Rev 14 will it loads backup disks from the disk channel or is cioscorp 3.3 worth the install.. thanks for any help.

Or should I stick with 3.2 andjust put neogamma R7 on.

hvsep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know of a confirmed serial that should have no problems with installing bootmii as a boot2? I still have this wii under BestBuy's warranty and it looks like I'm going to have to go exchange it for a Wii that actually can install BootMii as boot2 because apparently LU39 can't XD

I saw this post and I was wondering if this is possible because I thought bootmii can only do a NAND restore if it's in boot2

Alexrose said:
Bootmii as IOS isn't USELESS, provided you have preloader. You can boot to the homebrew channel, boot to bootmii and do a NAND restore.

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thestudent said:
worked great thanks for all the help i will continue to read i love the way teh preloader menu boots right away just in case things go crazy i got 4 copys of my nand.bin saved in various places audio on super mario galaxy is kinda scratchy during the movie scene's but these are cheap dvd-r's ill play around with that but i got neogamma loaded as a channel and all is well thanks so so much for your helpYou can change PreLoader so it boots straight to your System Menu. If you ever need it, just hold down reset button while you power on.

hvsep said:
Does anyone know of a confirmed serial that should have no problems with installing bootmii as a boot2? I still have this wii under BestBuy's warranty and it looks like I'm going to have to go exchange it for a Wii that actually can install BootMii as boot2 because apparently LU39 can't XD

I saw this post and I was wondering if this is possible because I thought bootmii can only do a NAND restore if it's in boot2

QUOTE(Alexrose @ May 19 2009, 08:49 AM) Bootmii as IOS isn't USELESS, provided you have preloader. You can boot to the homebrew channel, boot to bootmii and do a NAND restore.
LU39 should be able to install it as boot2. Anything before LU64 should be able to. I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you have under LU64, then great, but I wouldn't go through much effort if you don't. BootMii as IOS works fine. BootMii will fuss at you if you try to restore a NAND.bin, but it says you can if you press the right buttons (like x+y+a+b or something). AlexRose if right. If you have PreLoader, you should always be able to get to it by holding down reset as you power on. Then you can boot into HomeBrew and launch BootMii from there. BootMii as IOS is still very useful, but you are pretty much required to have PreLoader if you only have it as IOS.

hvsep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deviyl said:
thestudent said:
worked great thanks for all the help i will continue to read i love the way teh preloader menu boots right away just in case things go crazy i got 4 copys of my nand.bin saved in various places audio on super mario galaxy is kinda scratchy during the movie scene's but these are cheap dvd-r's ill play around with that but i got neogamma loaded as a channel and all is well thanks so so much for your helpYou can change PreLoader so it boots straight to your System Menu. If you ever need it, just hold down reset button while you power on.

hvsep said:

QUOTE(Alexrose @ May 19 2009, 08:49 AM) Bootmii as IOS isn't USELESS, provided you have preloader. You can boot to the homebrew channel, boot to bootmii and do a NAND restore.
LU39 should be able to install it as boot2. Anything before LU64 should be able to. I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you have under LU64, then great, but I wouldn't go through much effort if you don't. BootMii as IOS works fine. BootMii will fuss at you if you try to restore a NAND.bin, but it says you can if you press the right buttons (like x+y+a+b or something). AlexRose if right. If you have PreLoader, you should always be able to get to it by holding down reset as you power on. Then you can boot into HomeBrew and launch BootMii from there. BootMii as IOS is still very useful, but you are pretty much required to have PreLoader if you only have it as IOS.

Yeah, I was worried about that. There was a thread about some guy who's Wii bricked while doing NAND restore with Bootmii as IOS.

But still, it's strange... I'm trying to figure out why my LU39 Wii can't install it as a boot2. The thing is, I got it a few weeks ago and saw on the Wii box "LU39" and that's the serial on the Wii too, so I figured it would work... Is it possible Bootmii is making a mistake? I can't have Bootmii has IOS, what a disgrace!
frown.gif

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you said it's still under warranty.. just save all of your save games, Miis, etc.. anything you want from the Wii onto your computer.. and give it a try. If it bricks, bring it back. =P

hvsep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't want em plugging it in at the store and seeing I had hacks on there and though. I have just a slight feeling hacks bricking the wii aren't inside warranty XD

But damn, Bootmii as an IOS feels like the end of the world. One mistake and the wii's outta here.

deltafart

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys

Am totally new to this and beleive me when I say I've spent a week now playing around trying to work out my problem without success. It's weird but I cannot get my wii to recognise any files on my SD card. It is a 2gb toshiba card formatted to FAT. I have carried out all instructions to the letter re installing bannerbomb but everytime I go to the SD card within wii it simply is not shown i.e. the .elf files or changing to .dol files, nothing comes up in the wii. My wii is a japanese (ver 4.1j) with drivekey chip installed.

Any help would obviously and very greatfully received!

Regards

Deltafart

misshot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i have 2 quick question.

1) I followed your guide. So far so good. Wanted to try out installing some wads first so got some wads. Tried installing 4 so far, 3 succeeded but one - Defend Your Castle. I will get a black screen after pressing start.

Any solution to that or know what seems to be the problem? I suspect it is some IOS outdated that stopped Defend Your Castle from running but how do i know which IOS i need to update?

2) I moved the HBC from Wii to SD card and HBC wont start now. Do i need to follow your guide again or just reinstall HBC only?

Thanks!
smile.gif

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hvsep said:
I wouldn't want em plugging it in at the store and seeing I had hacks on there and though. I have just a slight feeling hacks bricking the wii aren't inside warranty XD

But damn, Bootmii as an IOS feels like the end of the world. One mistake and the wii's outta here.I dunno if your BestBuy is anything like the one I go to.. but they won't plug it in. They don't care as long as you have your receipt. They're gonna throw it in the back and send it off to whoever they send their broken stuff to so they get reimbursed. Once you bought it.. they don't care if you return it as defective cuz they get their money either way. And besides, if you brick it, they won't be able to see anything you have there. They don't know that hacks caused your SM to go corrupted.

deltafart said:
Guys

Am totally new to this and beleive me when I say I've spent a week now playing around trying to work out my problem without success. It's weird but I cannot get my wii to recognise any files on my SD card. It is a 2gb toshiba card formatted to FAT. I have carried out all instructions to the letter re installing bannerbomb but everytime I go to the SD card within wii it simply is not shown i.e. the .elf files or changing to .dol files, nothing comes up in the wii. My wii is a japanese (ver 4.1j) with drivekey chip installed.

Any help would obviously and very greatfully received!

Regards

DeltafartTry a new SD card? If the Wii won't see it at all, it's likely just not a good card.

QUOTE(misshot @ Aug 15 2009, 06:32 AM)
Hi, i have 2 quick question.

1) I followed your guide. So far so good. Wanted to try out installing some wads first so got some wads. Tried installing 4 so far, 3 succeeded but one - Defend Your Castle. I will get a black screen after pressing start.

Any solution to that or know what seems to be the problem? I suspect it is some IOS outdated that stopped Defend Your Castle from running but how do i know which IOS i need to update?

2) I moved the HBC from Wii to SD card and HBC wont start now. Do i need to follow your guide again or just reinstall HBC only?

Thanks!
smile.gif
1) No idea. I don't have that game.
2) HBC needs to stay on the Wii, I believe. Move it back and see if it works. If not, reinstall.

hvsep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I decided to go through with it. I'm on the step with installing Neogamma as a channel.

I load up wad manager, it says to select which IOS to use so I just choose the default, IOS249. But then it asks something about NAND Emulation and gives me a choice to choose between some options... Could you please explain what to do on this part?

Edit: And my games can't get me bricked if I patched em with regionfrii and brick blocker, right? XD

thestudent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Leave the first option to default.. it should load from IOS 249. Then tell it you want to pick from the SD card.. Then just click A on the WAD you want.. and it'll ask if you want to install or uninstall.. i have patched all my games with brick blocker and so far my son has played over 10 games on his with neogamma installed as a channel and all is well.

hvsep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So NAND Emulation = SD card? Thanks
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the reassurance as well,
tongue.gif

Edit: K this is confusing. NAND Emulation =/= "Select source device" which is what comes up after I choose the NAND Emulation option. Do I leave that one to default (disable) as well?

2: I just disabled the nand emulation thing. I think it's because I kept my nand.bin in my SD slot.

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NAND Emulation will be ready in cIOS 15, so don't worry about that yet.

And playing a game won't brick your Wii. It just won't load if it's not for the right region. (or it'll load black and white or something)

lol^^

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys I've hit a stumbling block when trying to follow this guide.

From what I can see, I do not have IOS36. I only have IOS35 and on 3.2E. Since they guide only tells me to use IOS36 I don't know if I can continue. I'm pretty much a noob in this (although I have already hacked my Wii before but needed to upgrade). So when I go into CIOS Installer I can't choose IOS36. Is this a problem? Or can I just use other ones and still get the same result?

EDIT:

I've continued to update the firmware to 4.0 using the guide listed in the thread. However after the update my HBC no longer works. And when I try to install it again using the SD card an error occurs. What's going on? I really need help on this one.

ksmustng

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having an issue loading the wad. I get to the part in Wad manager of selecting the IOS which I leave at 249. Press "A" and it does nothing and my wiimote turns off. I have tried the "1" & "2" button at the same time but that does not bring it back to life. My machine is an LU64 machine. Any ideas or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol^^ said:
Hi guys I've hit a stumbling block when trying to follow this guide.

From what I can see, I do not have IOS36. I only have IOS35 and on 3.2E. Since they guide only tells me to use IOS36 I don't know if I can continue. I'm pretty much a noob in this (although I have already hacked my Wii before but needed to upgrade). So when I go into CIOS Installer I can't choose IOS36. Is this a problem? Or can I just use other ones and still get the same result?

EDIT:

I've continued to update the firmware to 4.0 using the guide listed in the thread. However after the update my HBC no longer works. And when I try to install it again using the SD card an error occurs. What's going on? I really need help on this one.Sounds like you're picking and choosing steps because your Wii was already hacked and you think you don't need some steps. Not really the best of ideas if you don't know what you're doing. Going from a 3.x SM to 4.x changes a lot of things. Did you use the TBR to patch 36? Once you do that, install the cIOS again and see what happens.

QUOTE(ksmustng @ Aug 16 2009, 11:52 AM) I am having an issue loading the wad. I get to the part in Wad manager of selecting the IOS which I leave at 249. Press "A" and it does nothing and my wiimote turns off. I have tried the "1" & "2" button at the same time but that does not bring it back to life. My machine is an LU64 machine. Any ideas or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
I'm honestly not sure where you went wrong or what would cause that.... did you follow all of the steps?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ksmustng said:
I am having an issue loading the wad. I get to the part in Wad manager of selecting the IOS which I leave at 249. Press "A" and it does nothing and my wiimote turns off. I have tried the "1" & "2" button at the same time but that does not bring it back to life. My machine is an LU64 machine. Any ideas or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
try using a different version of wadmanager
make sure no gamecube controllers are connected.
how are you loading it? thru a channel or hbc or bannerbomb?

DEELOCK123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I follow this tutorial and its great
i just got a question
When i install wad manager 1.5 It tells me to choose a ios? which one should i pick and what are the other ios for ? Great tut by the way
thanks for the help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Thank you based Dinoh.