Hacking [Guide] Fully Softmod Any Wii (everything you need)

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Yeah they're sweet. Condenses it a lot so folks don't have to scroll through everything at once that might make it seem overwhelming. =)

owyn999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already have the nintendo 4.1u, do I need to downgrade to follow this guide or am I ok to go once I get HBC etc on?

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
owyn999 said:
I already have the nintendo 4.1u, do I need to downgrade to follow this guide or am I ok to go once I get HBC etc on?
Maybe I should add the definition of all to my signature. =P

People please stop making up random questions just for the sake of having something to ask. lol. It's really not as hard as you're trying to make it. Just follow the guide and profit.

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
owyn999 said:
well I have been having some issues getting certain files installed with -2011 errors so I figured I would ask
If you're getting errors, then you missed a step somewhere or you're doing something wrong. The guide works if you follow it. =)

owyn999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will do then. I wasn't following the guide but I had issues with the cIOS in the past so I figured asking the question would get me the answer I needed.

Believe me I don't ask questions just to ask questions

thestudent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys i am new to this i am thinking of buying a wii from a friend firmware is 4.0u i want to mod it to play backups and i am a saftey guy so would also like to save what ever i need to be able to restore it just in case it bricks or something anything special i need to know or can i follow the guide and see how things goes i have downloaded
[6608]WAD_Manager_v1.5.zip
[6572]NeoGammaR7HBC.zip
aad1f_v108.zip
hackmii_installer_beta2.zip
is that pretty much all i will need ? my son will be the owner of this wii after its modded he is 9 so i need booting backups to be easy looks like a great site here as i learn i will contribute
also this wii was bought christmas last year any chance that it wont work with this guide as i havent bought it yet

jboy40

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys ,
I have modded several wii's but ,havent really taken the precations in this guide. I am trying to change my ways....but I have a couple of questions.In the past I have had to downgrade wiis to put the classic games on the channel menu because from 3.3 on the games error out in wad manager.my question is ,is there a step or set of steps i can add to this guide to install a cios or different wad manager that will let these games install and work?and if I do will the 4.1 update cause them to not work.??
Thanks in advance,I also apoligize if I didnt post this in the right place.

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thestudent said:
hey guys i am new to this i am thinking of buying a wii from a friend firmware is 4.0u i want to mod it to play backups and i am a saftey guy so would also like to save what ever i need to be able to restore it just in case it bricks or something anything special i need to know or can i follow the guide and see how things goes i have downloaded
[6608]WAD_Manager_v1.5.zip
[6572]NeoGammaR7HBC.zip
aad1f_v108.zip
hackmii_installer_beta2.zip
is that pretty much all i will need ? my son will be the owner of this wii after its modded he is 9 so i need booting backups to be easy looks like a great site here as i learn i will contribute
also this wii was bought christmas last year any chance that it wont work with this guide as i havent bought it yet
You can restore the Wii back to it's original condition after it's been hacked, but it's more pain in the ass than it's worth. If it's already hacked, just continue to profit. Again, I love that people are so concerned about bricking their Wii (keeps n00b things like removing IOSs from happening).. but if you read half of the posts in here.. they're all asking "does this work on xxx wii?" .... YES. It will work on ANY WII. I don't know why this is so hard to understand. I almost wish people would just start asking stupid questions like if they should uninstall all of their IOSs or their System Menu or if they should throw their Wii out of a window. YES THE GUIDE WILL WORK ON ANY WII!!!!11!11!!1 Stop asking. =)

QUOTE(jboy40 @ Aug 13 2009, 08:11 PM) Hey Guys ,
I have modded several wii's but ,havent really taken the precations in this guide. I am trying to change my ways....but I have a couple of questions.In the past I have had to downgrade wiis to put the classic games on the channel menu because from 3.3 on the games error out in wad manager.my question is ,is there a step or set of steps i can add to this guide to install a cios or different wad manager that will let these games install and work?and if I do will the 4.1 update cause them to not work.??
Thanks in advance,I also apoligize if I didnt post this in the right place.
I haven't heard of any game compatibility issues with this guide (except SSBB which is only because of rev14).. so I would assume they would all work. Whatever you have now, don't do it. If you downgrade newer Wiis you will brick them. This guide will work with any Wii you have (new or old) so throw away any old methods you have because they will definitely brick new Wiis.

jboy40

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info Deviyl. After reading some more it sounds like the trucha bug was why i couldnt load the games this guide fixes that problem. Thanks again for the help.

thestudent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in the trucha bug section it keeps saying if you dont have internet you have to make the wad files my wii will have internet so are the steps diffrent ? sorry for asking so many questions but i dont want to ruin this wii its for my sons birthday . thanks for a great looking guide

hvsep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a question. How do I actually get bootmii to install as a boot2 rather than a IOS? I just wanna know before I actually start using the guide
tongue.gif

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thestudent said:
in the trucha bug section it keeps saying if you dont have internet you have to make the wad files my wii will have internet so are the steps diffrent ? sorry for asking so many questions but i dont want to ruin this wii its for my sons birthday . thanks for a great looking guide
if using wifi you going to want to
Code:
Run Trucha Bug Restorer
Press B to choose No IOS Reload
Wait till it says Press 1 then press it
Go to Downgrade IOS15
Press A to downgrade.
Everytime it says "load IOS from SD", press right twice to make it say "load IOS from NUS" then press A.

Run Trucha Bug Restorer
Choose IOS15 and press A. (Important)
Wait till it says Press 1 then press it.
Choose IOS36 menu. In there use these settings:
Install IOS to slot (36)
Hash check (trucha) YES
ES_Identity YES
Nand Permissions YES
Then press A on install patched IOS36.
Everytime it says "load IOS from SD", press right twice to make it say "load IOS from NUS" then press A.

Run Trucha Bug Restorer
Choose IOS36 and press A
Wait till it says Press 1 then press it
Then Choose restore IOS15.
Press A to restore.

QUOTE(hvsep @ Aug 14 2009, 08:13 AM) I got a question. How do I actually get bootmii to install as a boot2 rather than a IOS? I just wanna know before I actually start using the guide
tongue.gif
it depends on the wii's model.
running the hackmii installer will let you know if it can be installed as boot2.

hvsep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
hvsep said:
I got a question. How do I actually get bootmii to install as a boot2 rather than a IOS? I just wanna know before I actually start using the guide
tongue.gif
it depends on the wii's model.
running the hackmii installer will let you know if it can be installed as boot2.

Okay, thanks. Here's to hoping LU39 works

thesaint08

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi, I am having trouble with trying to get the preloader installed.

My Wii has 3.4e firmware

I have got the Homebrew channel, but when I try and load the preloader, it gives the message"Failed to get ROOT current IOS(36) has the fakesign bug fixed."

I'm guessing i've forgotten something stupid.
Any ideas?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thesaint08 said:
Hi, I am having trouble with trying to get the preloader installed.

My Wii has 3.4e firmware

I have got the Homebrew channel, but when I try and load the preloader, it gives the message"Failed to get ROOT current IOS(36) has the fakesign bug fixed."

I'm guessing i've forgotten something stupid.
Any ideas?
run the Trucha Bug Restorer steps to patch IOS36

QUOTE(hvsep @ Aug 14 2009, 09:42 AM) A virgin 4.1 Wii goes into the "all" section right?
people still dont understand the meaning of all?!?!?!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw